5.0 out of 5 stars Wildly Fun Family Game
Somehow this gem of a game seems to have drifted under the radar, which is a shame because it is one of the best games of the year.

The game plays out as roughly a videogame version of Clue. After you select your detective (which doesn't change anything but the one liners thrown out during turns), you are settled with a mystery to solve. You can move your...
Published on September 8, 2010 by Matthew Erwin

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not geared for adults!
After reading reviews on this game such as people saying that this was a great Disney game that definitely went under the radar, I figured it was a great find and about $10 cheaper than all other good Wii games! Don't get me wrong, it was a decent game but definitely not what I expected. I thought it would be a party game given the title, but I honestly don't think it...
Published on October 31, 2010 by L. Pucci

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 26, 2010
This review is from: Guilty Party (Video Game)
My grandchildren love this game, they are 8, 10 & 12. They have so much fun with it. It easily one of their very favorites. I think it is so cute and just fun to watch them try to solve the "mysteries". My granddaughter gives it 2 thumbs up. It is so hard to find games that they don't tire of quickly and you feel like you have thrown your money away, sometimes $50 and Gamestop wants to give you $4, makes you feel like a chump.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Game for Groups!, November 4, 2010
This review is from: Guilty Party (Video Game)
This is such a unique game for group play. Far different from Sports Resort or Mario Party.

I recently had family in town and decided to finally purchase this game. I'm so glad I did. It's not incredibly challenging gameplay, but it's very enjoyable. My mom and I have continued playing this even now that my family's gone back home. We thought we'd finished the game, but there's one more secret round!

Some of the mini-games within the overall game can actually be tricky. It's always fun to watch the others trying to get through them. There are even group mini-games where everyone has to work together to accomplish some task. Not always so simple, but a lot of fun.

The characters can be cute. There are funny moments throughout the game - not so much in the story line as how they run through rooms or the person being "interrogated" and their reactions.

The game loses a star for some tricky controller maneuvering. We had problems in the mini-games sometimes getting the controller to do as told - hence some of the "tricky" games.

Overall, this is a definite buy. Not incredibly challenging. Good for family and friends. Some controller issues. Unique game. If you're a fan of all the Shockwave detective games, this should be right up your alley!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for the family - all ages!, November 4, 2010
This review is from: Guilty Party (Video Game)
We sat down to play Disney's Guilty Party as soon as we received it in the mail. I hadn't heard a lot about it but we love Clue so I thought this would be a great game for us to try. Did I mention that my sons are 24 and 20 and we still love to get together to play games of all types? This one did not disappoint. First of all, you can set the difficulty level to reflect each player. Secondly, it says it is for 4 players tops, but you can actually play with up to 4 teams since you can discuss the clues and work together to find the culprit instead of plying against each other, which has resulted in some pretty unappealing competitive fights in our house in the past. Finally, this game is just a hoot for all of us. We laugh and have fun for up to an hour a game and that's really nice for two parents who like to spend time with their grown children.

I definitely give this game a thumbs up, even for families with grade school children. Start creating a reason for your kids to come home and play with you now. Relax, make a few snacks and sit back and have some fun. You'll like it, believe me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Game, September 14, 2010
Drew "Drew" (VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guilty Party (Video Game)
I bought this game over the weekend after reading the reviews and was not disappointed. Myself, my seven year old, another seven year old and my thirteen year old son played this for over four hours. We had lots of fun. We played mostly in cooperative play but at the end switched to competitive mode. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for another fun family game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, fun family game..., November 20, 2010
Amazon Customer (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Guilty Party (Video Game)
To say that this game lifts an idea directly from Clue would be a true statement. However, it certainly does not go far enough to give praise to this game, which it so richly deserves.

Up to 4 players can play at the same time and while Clue is a competitive game, Guilty Party becomes a collaborative effort to solve the "whodunnit" mystery at hand. What makes it even better than Clue is that each mystery has a wealth of clues at your disposal: some are truths, some are lies, and some clues have you utilizing processes of elimination (this clue has short hair so it COULDN'T be someone with short hair, for example). Other gameplay elements include doors that occasionally lock, power that goes out, suspects that move from one room to another as you try to interrogate them, etc. You also draw cards to get assistance in the form of light (candle), a skeleton key (to unlock doors), a whistle (to summon suspects to your presence), a "shout out" megaphone (which moves all suspects one room closer to you), etc. You also have a lie detector at your disposal so you can determine if a clue is true or not. The lies that reveal truths are actually quite clever and has your children reasoning things out, i.e., "No, it couldn't be so-and-so because so-and-so lied about the fact that the suspect was thin", etc.

The humor is campy, to be sure, but it makes my 7-year old giggle and her other friends get a kick out of it. The difficulty also ranges considerably so you can challenge both children and adults.

It's a great family title that will be an unsung classic, to be sure. But it's definitely worth getting, even at the full release price of $39.99.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, October 11, 2010
This review is from: Guilty Party (Video Game)
This game is GREAT! There are 8 different detectives you can choose and 8 different levels that are each equally fun and creative. We finished game the 1st day, it is a little short, but after you finish story mode you can go into party mode and solve a series of small mystery's! I would DEFINETLY recommend the to everyone!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Game, January 2, 2011
This review is from: Guilty Party (Video Game)
All I can say is thank goodness for blogs. If it weren't for blogs I would never have known about Guilty Party - this game seemed to slide under the radar this holiday, and it came up for sale a number of times. One of the times I decided to buy it, and I'm SO glad that I did. I have a 10 year old son and a 6 year old daughter, which means that I'm used to hearing squabbling. Usually when they play together on a video game they fight. With this game, however, I've actually seen them, dare I say it, working together!! They work together, instead of competing, to figure out who the Guilty Party is. And while it starts out easy, the game gets harder and more difficult, as do the puzzles, as it goes on. So far they've figured out who stole the pudding, who kidnapped the wife, and who knocked out the conductor, and they're trying, right now, in fact, to figure out who stole the singing manatee.

I love that the mysteries that they're trying to solve are fairly non-violent, and all the while they're trying to get a mysterious stranger known as Valentine. And I especially love how well they work together.

The game is much like a board game - each character takes turns using tokens. When your tokens are gone, it's time for the other player to take a turn. This means that they can each take equal time playing while both having a hand solving the mystery.

An amazing game and all I can say is shame on Disney for not advertising this game better! It's a game that all families who enjoy playing the Wii should have!

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a party game for the younger set, March 25, 2011
Ashlar (Salt Lake City, UT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guilty Party (Video Game)
One of the greatest things about the Wii is getting together with a group of friends and playing party-style games together. I was really looking forward to this game when I heard about it, and I read a few really good reviews that said Guilty Party could be enjoyed as a party game by all ages. The problem with Guilty Party is that it's very difficult to really get into if you're over the age of 12 or 13. Most of the mini-games are very simplistic and have varying levels based on player skill, but they get tedious and boring quickly. Using the clues to narrow down the culprit is a great idea, but some of the clues are confusing and convoluted. The overall board-game feel of Guilty Party is great, but Mario Party 8 is a much better party game, I feel. Mystery games have a special place in my heart, so I was a bit disappointed by this game. I can definitely see young children getting into Guilty Party, though. It's entertaining enough for parents to play with their children, but I wouldn't break it out amongst an all-adult group of friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Simple, Replayable, November 27, 2010
This review is from: Guilty Party (Video Game)
Cliche as it sounds, this game is lots of fun for everyone. The story is strong and interesting. The cutscenes are funny and well-made. The characters are unique and exciting. The gameplay is simple enough for novices, but can be set to challenge more seasoned players. And best of all it can be played more than once with different outcomes: the main story mode is the same each time, but in party mode every level can be replayed with a different outcome. There are also a ton of different mini-games -- at least one for every person to love and at least one for them to despise openly. Also, this game really is funny: there are puns, jokes, slap-stick, funny voices...something for everyone's humor. I played with teens, middle-aged adults, the elderly, and kids, and everyone enjoyed it thoroughly -- whether they were gamers or not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very fun family game, older kids may get bored though..., July 22, 2011
C. Nelson (Sussex, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guilty Party (Video Game)
We were looking for family games that we could all play together on "family night" and liked what we read about this Disney offering. We still haven't completed all of the missions, but we go back to this game at least twice a month during family time.

The premise is somewhat like a cartoon version of Clue crossed with a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book. Actions during the mysteries can change the storyline somewhat, so that adds to it's replay value.

There are only two things keeping me from giving it five stars:

1. Some of the overly repetitive actions can get old quick, especially if you have an older child getting antsy.
2. Speaking of those "older kids", this game may skew a little too young in both humor and looks for them.

Those quibbles aside, I heartily recommend this game to any family looking for a good "rainy day" activity.

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

Guilty Party
Guilty Party by Disney (Nintendo Wii)
$38.99