"Damon is an extraordinary composer, but he is also a shredder. I have had some very revealing conversations with him about his secrets. This book now makes Damon's experience available to any and all." William Anderson, Music Professor and Professional Guitarist
"Damon Ferrante has written a clear and comprehensive book about scales ["Guitar Scales Handbook"]. I know him as an accomplished composer and guitarist, and this book is a wonderful step by step guide to scales and their application. Helpful for the beginner or advanced guitarist. Oren Fader, Music Professor and Professional Guitarist
"Damon is a musical storyteller. He has a narrative gene that allows him to write music like a novelist." Daniel Mark Epstein, award-winning music writer
"Damon Ferrante is a star on the rise." The Ridgewood News
"Within a few hours the beginning student will make rapid progress into this book and learn about root notes and major, minor, augmented, and diminished chord structures. Coming from a talented multi-instrument musician, music teacher and composer, the book is a very clear approach for learning how to play acoustic or electric guitar." Jon Acheson, Educator
From the Author
As a guitarist and guitar teacher, for over 20 years, I was always looking for a book that would teach chords and basic guitar techniques in a fun, clear, and useful format. Since I could not find one for my students, I decided to write one myself. Guitar Adventures
is the product of these efforts and is designed for Beginner and Intermediate guitarists.
- Check out the Video on Damon Ferrante's Author Page on Amazon.
What you will find inside Guitar Adventures:
- 60 Lessons organized in a Fun, Informative, and Step-By-Step format
- 18 Free Video Lessons and Play-Along Videos. Check out the Youtube Channel: GuitarAdventures.
- Chords and Basic Guitar Technique, including: Major & Minor Chords, Dominant 7th Chords, Minor 7th Chords, Major 7th Chords, Diminished Chords, and Power Chords
- Learn the Chords through songs, including: House of the Rising Sun, Scarborough Fair, Rockabilly, Greensleeves, and When the Saints Go Marching In
You might also find Guitar Adventures
useful and fun, if you are a:
- Guitar Teacher, who is looking for material for beginner and intermediate guitar students
- Teacher, who would like to play the guitar in the classroom
- Parent, who would like your children to learn how to play the guitar
- Musician, who would like to add the guitar to the instruments you know how to play.
Topics covered include: The Habits of Great Guitar Players; Identifying Strings, Frets and Fingers; How To Read Chord Diagrams; The C, D and G Chords; teach yourself guitar; How To Fret Properly; How To Tune Your Guitar; How To Practice; Strumming Guitar Chords; The A7, E7 and D7 Chords; How To Play With A Pick and How to Fingerpick; How To Read Tab and Play Cool Licks; Barre Chords and Power Chords; Chord Progressions; Guitar Riffs and Guitar Licks; Basic Guitar Technique; Minor Guitar Chords (Am, Dm, Em); Counting Beats; Beginner Jazz Guitar; Improvising on the Guitar; How To Change Between Chords; Rhythm Guitar; Rockabilly Guitar; Funk Guitar; Reggae Guitar; Rock Guitar; guitar basics; and many more ideas. This book is ideal for use with a teacher or in a class, and has also been used successful around the world as a self-study course.