5.0 out of 5 stars Love Aerosmith
I bought this pc version thinking I could master my fave songs without using the wii. Unfortunately I will need new GH guitars to continue to practise being a rock star without the wii. Anyone know where to obtain a pc gh guitar for cheap?
Published 11 months ago by Scintilate

2.0 out of 5 stars crappy performance
Two things I should mention first
1) Specs: XFX GTX 280 stock speeds. Core 2 duo E8400 @ 3ghz. 4GB RAM DDR2. VISTA SP1. NVIDIA FORCEWARE DRIVERS 180.48
Published on November 30, 2008 by Pedro Ceballos Patiño

2.0 out of 5 stars crappy performance, November 30, 2008
Two things I should mention first
2) Previoulsly bought GH3 for pc and it runs flawlessly at max settings on my rig. Not a hitch to be noticed. With that background I bought on amazon GH Aerosmith for pc, since I have always been a devoted pc gamer.
3)Im a huge GH fan and twice as much devoted to the music of aerosmith since i was 12 or so.

The thing is that, at 1680x1050 with max setting EVERY SONG has lag when a lot of notes are being played, or when star power is activated. This thing ruins the experience completely and there is no way to avoid this. Shame on aspyr. Do I need a NEhalem core I7 to run the game maxed out?? thats insane. The only way I can experiecne the game without any lag is when i turn the front row camera on, but the game looks like a cheap karaoke and you miss all the visual candy the game offers. My pc can handle very smoothly titles such as far cry 2 and Crysis warhead. Why in the world do they release something thats terribly optimized I mean, visually this thing is not crysis.Tried older drivers, same awful performance. Terrible port.

1.0 out of 5 stars No improvements... If anything - worse, November 22, 2008
This review is from: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - PC (DVD-ROM)
It's been ten months since Guitar hero 3 was released for the PC & 5 months since Guitar hero Aerosmith is released on the consoles. You would think Aspyr/Activision would have addressed some of the known issues for the PC platform. You thought wrong...
If you had any issues running GH3 before, skip this game. My system meets the minimum requirements & even with evertying disabled in the game, it lags. Then at least once per song, the video freezes & the audio track starts skipping like a badly scratched CD. This happened with GH3 as well. After waiting a few seconds, the game would find its way out of its funk & continue playing normally. But when the same thing happens on Guitar Hero Aerosmith & the game comes out of its funk, suddenly the audio has skipped ahead of the video. This leaves you "playing" the song VIA video several seconds after the music has played through you speakers. This makes the game worse than GH3 - shame on Aspire/activision! I did discover when it starts skipping & freezing, pause the game. When you come out of pause, all is in sync but there goes your (perfect) score... Lame!

1.0 out of 5 stars Another bad one, December 28, 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - PC (DVD-ROM)
This game, like its predecessor Legends of Rock, skips and lags badly at *LEAST* once per song, it is nearly unplayable.

After months of fighting Aspyr's support who said that they couldn't re-create the problem and would not refund me, I simply trashed my game and sold the guitar at a pawn shop.

My computer can run Call of Duty 4, Counter-Strike: Source, and many other high-end games at well over 100fps without missing a beat, the problem here is the games, they are absolutely horrible ports.

Avoid Guitar Hero games for the PC.

2.0 out of 5 stars Change the name to Lag hero, January 10, 2009
This review is from: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - PC (DVD-ROM)
You will need a computer from NASA to run this game without lag and maybe it will work. I have one quad core with 8 GB ram, video board Geforce 9600 GSO and there is no way to run this game with no lag. Maybe if I try some cluster solution. Shame because the songs are very good, graphics too but the lag ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Aerosmith, February 13, 2014
Scintilate (London, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, August 24, 2013
This review is from: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - PC (DVD-ROM)
This item was in perfectly good shape. The game is probably the greatest thing that's ever happened to the gaming world after Counter-Strike: Source, Sims games, and League of Legends. Also, Sykrim and the zombies part of CoD games.

5.0 out of 5 stars game is fun, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - PC (DVD-ROM)
This game rocks. It has a lot of my favorite tunes on it. I recommend the game for other users. Enjoy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Game!, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - PC (DVD-ROM)
My PC is 2x stronger than the requirements it's asking for but yet this game still manage to lag. Buys beware, do not buy this product for PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, December 1, 2012
Debbie Heinzer (Bellingham, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - PC (DVD-ROM)
I like getting items online when I know what I want and I don't have to deal with the crowds to get it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Guitar Hero for PC no Guitar, December 21, 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - PC (DVD-ROM)
My name is Raffi, and I liked playing Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock on my brother-in-law's Wii. He had the guitar. I got the Aerosmith Guitar Hero for the PC, for my brithday and I like it a lot. I play it with my keyboard, and it plays well. It gives you a storyline, with video interviews from the band and tidbits of information like Walk This Way was inspired from a line in the movie Young Frankenstien. Some of the songs on the game are not Aerosmith, but songs they covered, so don't worry if you are not a fan. If you are, it's great. If I see a guitar I can use on the PC I would get it just because it would be a bit easier and realistic.

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - PC
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - PC by Aspyr Media (Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, Windows Vista / XP)
$39.99 $3.95