Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Stand-Alone Software...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 55% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Stand-Alone Software - Playstation 3
|Price:||$14.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$15.00 (50%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Game only - Guitar Hero controllers sold separately
- Includes over 90 tracks in a rock-centric set list featuring Queen, Black Sabbath, KISS and many more, the biggest on-disc selection of rock music ever in a Guitar Hero game
- In all-new Quest Mode, embark on an epic rock journey as eight Guitar Hero characters transform into rock warriors who must join together to use their unique, game-changing powers to help the Demi-God of Rock save rock n' roll.
- Use any two unlockable warrior powers in the new Quickplay feature to earn high scores, new unlockables and rewards in 13 totally unique gameplay challenges.
- Play any combination of guitar, bass, drums and vocals in fan-favorite modes like jump-in/jump-out Party Play, various competitive modes and more for a complete interactive rock experience
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
In Guitar Hero®: Warriors of Rock, join with friends on an epic rock journey to save rock n’ roll. Featuring an impressive 90+ track set list, a totally redesigned rock-inspired guitar controller and a host of all-new gameplay features, living room legends and their friends can strum, drum and wail in the most immersive music videogame experience to date. Delivering the quintessential rock music collection that focuses on guitar shredding hits from bands such as Black Sabbath, Slipknot and Megadeth and larger-than-life band anthems from Queen, Muse and KISS, players can unleash more rewards and unlockable content than ever before in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock’s Quest Mode, the franchise’s first ever story-based mode, and Quickplay+, which invites challenge-starved fanatics to test their rock skills. Running on the powerful Guitar Hero engine that has been expanded and refined and with encores from the addictive, award-winning gameplay features that made Guitar Hero one of the most popular franchises of all-time – such as Party Play, Competitive modes and any combination of up to four instruments –the game offers a complete interactive and connected experience bringing friends and foes to the stage in the ultimate rock music experience.
- Key Game Features
Click here to view larger image
All New Finger Fretting, Rock Inspired Wireless Guitar Controller
- Save Rock n’ Roll – With Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock’s all-new, story-driven Quest Mode, narrated by notorious KISS front man Gene Simmons and featuring an original song by Dave Mustaine of Megadeth, players will journey from the infamous stage of CBGBs to the molten lava fields of rock treachery where players will be transformed into rock warriors that must join together to use their unique, game-changing powers to help the Demi-God of Rock take down “The Beast” and save rock n’ roll.
- Shred with Your Friends, Rock Your Enemies, Challenge Everyone – Quickplay+ pushes fans to the limit with 13 totally unique gameplay challenges for each on-disc track and most songs in their Guitar Hero® music library, providing literally hundreds of hours of replayability. From High Score on a single instrument, Band Streak and Star Power Relay with a full band and Power Challenges, which allow players to choose any two warrior powers they have unlocked to try to earn ridiculously high scores, completing any of these challenges will earn gamers extra stars, which unlock tons of bonus content such as accessories, instruments and videos. The current leaderboards and all-new Challenge Leaderboards will never be the same.
- Rock Music At Its Best – Featuring over 90 master tracks, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock delivers a one-of-a-kind music experience through a quintessential set list focused on challenging, hard-hitting rock songs that are fun for furious finger fretters, hard-hitting drummers and fearless frontmen alike. Along with some of the biggest names in rock, such as KISS, Slipknot, Megadeth, Queen and Black Sabbath, the game is comprised of original tracks written and composed by AAA talent, special re-records by famous artists, and bands that are making their music video game debut.
- Join The Party or Compete to Rock It – Guitar Hero 5’s critically-acclaimed gameplay features make an encore in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, allowing players to jump in and rock out with friends right from the start with Party Play mode or prove who can rock the hardest with Competitive mode, the four-player local and up to eight-player online competitive battle mode that includes unique gameplay challenges like Streakers, Momentum+ and Do or Die.
- The Definitive Rock Library – In addition to the over 90 on-disc tracks, players can bolster their set list with music from the Guitar Hero Music Library, which will offer more than 300 downloadable songs at launch. For those looking for even more great music, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock also allows players to import select songs from Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero Smash Hits, Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero. Gamers will be able to experience all of their music with Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock’s innovative new features, such as all 13 Quickplay+ challenges, which will add hours of challenging replayability and breathe new life into older Guitar Hero songs.
- Forget the Rest, Shred on the Best – Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock delivers the next evolution in finger-fretting, show-stopping axes with the all-new, rock-inspired guitar controller born from the unique art style of the game and made for shredding. Hosting all electronic parts within the neck of the controller allows gamers the chance to express themselves and tailor the guitar to their own unique style.
© 2010 Activision Publishing, Inc. Guitar Hero and Activision are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. “PlayStation” and the “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks and “PS3” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The PlayStation Network Logo is a service mark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, Kinect, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo. © 2006 Nintendo. The ratings icon is a registered trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
- Wii Are Going To Be Roadies – Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock for Wii features an expanded Roadie Battle mode that lets Nintendo DS owners team up with living room rockers to interact with their music and friends like never before. No longer limited to a Wii guitarist roadie, Roadie Battle allows handheld players to also assist the bassist, drummer and vocalist. While the Wii players rock out on stage, the DS players must frantically navigate their virtual roadie from one side of the stage to the other trying to sabotage their opponent’s equipment while repairing any damage to their own.
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
GH Warriors of Rock (GHWR) is much better than its predecessors. The main choices in the game are the Story (formally known as Career) or Quickplay+ (see below for other options of play). I recommend that you start with the Story because you will earn various "powers" through the story that you can use in Quickplay+ to boost your scores. In Story, you are in charge of recruiting rock warriors with various powers to release the ultimate Axe and then release the rock god from his prison by defeating the rock beast. Each rocker has it's own set of requirements for you to unlock their powers. Note that you cannot use your own created character for the story. Whatever rocker you are trying to recruit will be your character for that particular set. You have the flexibility to choose which songs you want to play in a particular set as long as you get the required number of stars (which look like suns) to release the warrior. I loved the use of Rush's 2112 for the release of the ultimate axe. When you get to the "boss battle" with the beast, it gets quite difficult here, but it gets interesting.Read more ›
Can you play this game with an older model controller?
Yes. I have the GH: 3 controllers and is easily playable (as well as if you bought the World Tour set)
What range of music is in this round?
Pop, rock, metal, classic rock, emo, punk, etc. You have 'Bat Country' by Avenged Sevenfold, 'Children of the Grave' by Black Sabbath, 'I'm Not Okay' by My Chemical Romance, 'Waidmanns Heil' by Rammstein, to name a few highlights as well as Rush 2112's album.
How long will it take to beat the game?
You could play the bare minimum of tracks in the beginning to speed things along, but when you get halfway the game encourages you to go back and play all tracks as well as get perfect stars (i do not know what will happen after you master all tracks since I am still working on it). I would have to say over 10 or so hours to get a big dent into the game depending on how well you are.
What are the difficulties?
You have beginner which is strumming, easy which leans a bit to medium later on, medium which I had a hard time on near the end of the game, hard that can merge into very hard, and expert I can't even imagine how insane that could be on tracks by Megadeth (there is three total and they are the final tracks).
Instead of the standard 5 stars you have each character has a story (and tracks) and special powers such as a multiplier, extended star power, or note streak bonus (such as if you missed a note with this ability it won't count against you). Later in the game you can pick what band members you want and combine their powers to maximize your score/stars.
I mainly got the game for 2 reasons, 1 was to expand my guitar hero song library, and 2, so i could fix the annoying thing in guitar hero 5 where the vocalist does not change regardless if the track has male or female lead vocals (i regretted trading in band hero mainly because of this). I did not care much for the track list (although i now have a better appreciation of some tracks there after spending some time with it) or the new quest mode, just mainly concerned with the 2 things i mentioned earlier. The problem is, as of 10/14/11, the in-game music store is still down (and has been down for months according to the forums) and is pretty much the only way for you to import songs from previous guitar hero games onto this one, which brings me to the number 2 reason why regretted trading in band hero. to import guitar hero. Now, the only way to import guitar hero 5 songs onto warriors of rock is to use a band hero disc to enter the code for the guitar hero 5 import and vice versa. so now i pretty much have to buy band hero again (which is thankfully cheap at the moment) for the convenience of having to put in just one disc for the whole library! support from activision has been really nonexistent, which is unacceptable considering this product was less than a year old when i made the purchase
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best guitar hero game by far (never played guitar hero live) its a shame they never made more after this one besides GH LivePublished 11 days ago by Tyler Jaskulski
We love our guitar hero at our house and this for sure got love when it arrived. Best price we could find, shipped fast, came in great shape. We will for sure be buying more.Published 2 months ago by kmyoung
Very fun game. Love the fact that you can customize a lot of things in the that I wasn't able to in other gh's. Also very fun campaign mode.Published 2 months ago by Donnell Stephens III