Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Platform: PC/Mac|Edition: Game only|Change
Price:$18.68 - $1,030.05

on January 12, 2010
First off, I still couldn't believe I got Guitar Hero World Tour for my PC even though there is NO MENTION of this game on the Aspyr Web Site. It's like, does this thing REALLY exist? Well, I just got my copy yesterday from Amazon so it must. No problems installing it ... game started fine.

Cranked up the resolution to 1920x1080 (nice) on my LCD TV and turned on my wireless XBOX360 guitars (it connected fine). I don't have drums, but I did connect a USB Microphone in and it detected that. There did seem to be some sort of glitch in the menu system, as the game kept saying that your data will be overwritten and was covering all the menu choices! eventually i had to quit the game and then relaunch.

Game worked fine. However a few complaints. I have two XBOX360 controllers and two XBOX360 Wireless Guitars. I started my XBOX360 Guitar as Player one and one of my controllers as Player Two. However, the game only recognized my guitar as Player Two and had Player One as the Keyboard/USB Mic. Problem with this is that the Vocals cannot use an XBOX360 Controller for navigation -- only the keyboard (unlike the console counterpart).

Graphics looked great -- but no PC graphic settings for controlling Anti-Aliasing and stuff like that -- just resolution. So a kick-ass video card won't do much here (but you do need a decent one though).

I hadn't played too much of the game yet, but I really want to try out the drums.

I tried going on-line and ran into one problem. When entering the License Code, you MUST enter the dashes "-" in between each set of numbers or the on-line connection will fail.

Also, don't even bother trying to register this game on the Aspyr Website since it THERE IS NO MENTION OF THIS GAME.

I really hope Aspyr gives some PC support soon -- I sense I still may run into other issues.
on June 18, 2014
I personally like RockBand much more than the Guitar Hero.
My 360 broke few weeks ago and I just wanted to play something on my PC.
RockBand is not available on PC so I bought this one instead.
Note: RockBand guitar is not compatible with Guitar Hero game, but Guitar Hero guitar is compatible with RockBand LOL.
Unfortunately, I had to purchase Guitar Hero guitar in order to play this game. I'm still waiting for the guitar.
I've been playing this game using my CM QuickFire, and it's fun haha.
Whenever I get my guitar, I will try to see if it works on PC with this game, and purchase Guitar Hero PC.
I recommend it to anyone who enjoy playing instruments.
on July 4, 2014
I bought this game for PC and it has more bugs than any other software I have ever owned. I have a fairly decent PC, built within the last year and I cannot understand why this game lags significantly right out the box. I have played some fairly good games like Crysis at Max settings with no issues but GHWT is the worse. I had to resort to debugging, rewriting code, and third party patches and it's still not 100% stutter free. Complete waste of money and not recommended.
on April 3, 2015
I bought this years ago when my kids were barely old enough to hold the instruments and learn to play (probably when they were about 4 and 6 years old). It keeps getting better as they get older (now 10 and 12).
on June 6, 2014
Son got free guitars for his computer and wanted to try this out. He rarely plays it now, but for the price it is worth it and to not have him playing those war games all of the time this is a nice change.
on May 18, 2013
I am so dissapointed with this purchase. After trying to install the game a few times with no success, I found that in the back of the disc box, says not support for windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT or xp x64/vista x64. It says nothing about windows 7 since I guess the game is older than that operating system.

I saw a review of someone succesfully playing the game in windows 7 64 bit. However it did not work for me.
on December 30, 2010
I suspect that this was Activision's last-ditch effort to sell Guitar Hero to PC Users. There are several reasons for this, but the most important is that they don't want to spend the money on porting the game to the PC. Aspyr First did work on the Guitar Hero III Port, which was just as bad. Let me explain. The game is almost a straight to PC from Console port. The keyboard and mouse controls are terrible, and you can't set the function keys as guitar buttons - So no picking up your keyboard and looking like an idiot A-La Frets on Fire. After setting the game up to work with an Xbox 360 Wired guitar things start to come together. All the menus work as designed and feel like the console version of the game. The Internet features as of this review are pretty much nonexistant. No one is playing this game online. There are no games. Period. When you get past that, the next big issue is the lack of Graphical and CPU options. There are options for Physics, Crowds, and Resolution - That's basically it. Your best bet for running this game is a decent Single core or Dual core processor and at minimum an Nvidia Geforce 9800GT or comparable ATI card. There's sometimes random stutter or times when the notes don't seem to load up properly. Sometimes the hair physics completely freaks out and starts shooting hair everywhere. Aside from these minor issues, the game plays solidly with multiple players, and works with Guitar Hero and Rock band controllers for the Xbox 360. IF you have a game console, pick this game and some controllers up for it instead of for PC.
on September 25, 2011
I couldn't even play a single game. First, there are insane DRM hoops to jump through, which I finally fixed only to sit through a long, terrible (and unskippable) introduction (every time the game starts). Then it wouldn't even recognize the drums (PS3 GHWT set), and I just gave up. My understanding is that there are widely available torrents of pirated versions that remove the intro and work without the nasty DRM. If I had more time I might actually go try one. Activision, why do you punish the people who actually pay for your software?
on September 16, 2011
i have had this game for almost a week now and it is an o.k. game. the main I have is that when I go to a song as a singer the lyrics are not displayed at the botom of the screen as they are in every other guitar hero game i have played. I contacted aspyr customer suport and they could not fix the problem. also there are some times while playing drums or guitar the notes will lag for a sec or two and then go super fast to catch up to the music. there is also noone ever online to play against but i guess this is because the game has been out for a while. Even with these problems it is still fun to play.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 6, 2010
I gave 1 stars because although I do love guitar hero, and I have been waiting forever to get this game, it just doesn't cut it. I don't own a consol, and have been left with guitar hero three for a few years with no updates! No downloadable content ever on GH3, which was supposed to happen but never did...

Ok, so I installed GH World tour. After the install, my GH3 guitars worked fine, so that is good. I am running the game on a 2.7GHZ dual core AMD, 3GB ram, Nvidia 9600GT computer. It ran fine, but I decided to try turning the graphics down to 'low' from the default 'high'. It says you need to restart game application/game before the settings take place. I restarted the game, however, it wouldn't start... Over and over, no start now. Chaging the settings in game messed it up. I am currently re-installing. As far as I could tell, nobody was online for multiplayer, I couldn't get a match. Single player was ok, and graphics are good. Need a good PC, as good as the one I listed, or you will probably lag.

I am also having problems with the drums connecting, we'll see how that goes after re-installing(if the game even starts). Hopefully there will be downloadable content - I haven't seen it in the menus and am worried you can't download songs, which would suck, just like in GH3... another dissapointment.

The price also leaves much to be desired. The premium $50+ price tag is usually assigned to "NEW" games. Sure this game is 'new' to the PC, however, it has been out for over a year on all the consols. And their prices have dropped from $50+ to under $20 for this game, yet the PC version is going for $50 still, when it is over a year late to be released, just rediculuous! Horrible development, horrible lies about release dates, just horrible companies all together.

Loved GH3, and I will try to like GH World Tour.. In the future I will probably never purchase another item from the people who made Guitar Hero, just not worth the hassle and poor products.

Game won't start - re-installed, game started up once. After closing it, it won't start up again, just get errors upon loading. It seems to start correctly once after an install, then no more.

Drum set won't connect, couldn't play dumbs as they weren't recognized(PS3 drums should be compatible...)

Really dissapointed...

***UPDATE*** GAME WILL PLAY CORRECTLY NOW FOR ME WITH GUITARS ONLY. IF DRUMS ARE CONNECTED THE GAME WILL GET AN ERROR AND QUIT UPON STARTING. I CALLED SUPPORT AND THEY REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT, ASKING ME, "THIS IS FOR GH3?"... NO, DUH, GH3 DOESN'T HAVE DRUMS..... FINALLY THEY GAVE ME A BS UPDATE PROGRAM(TO UPDATE GAMES) AND SAID IT WOULD FIX THE PROBLEM... DIDN'T FIX ANYTHING, AS THERE ARE NO UPDATES AVAILABLE IN THE PROGRAM THEY GAVE ME... HORRIBLE!