Customer Discussions > Wii Rock Band 2 Special Edition forum

Guitar Hero World Tour or Rock Band 2?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 28, 2009 5:19:01 AM PDT
B. Birch says:
I want to buy either Guitar Hero World Tour or Rock Band 2. I have played GHWT and liked it but I haven't played RB2. I heard that with RB2 you can use GHWT instruments. Is that right? I would like to know if this is the case with the Wii. I heard that Green Day is coming out with a game for RB2 sometime soon and I am very interested in buying that game. So should I buy GHWT and then buy RB2 games? I hope that all made sense.

Posted on Oct 10, 2009 4:51:03 PM PDT
jakewild says:
I have played both, and, in my pesronal opinion, Rock band 2 is the winner. and yes, it is true that if you have a guitar hero guitar, you can use it for rock band. New songs are availible for download each tuesday for rock band, but it comes with plenty of songs already. Not to mention, with rock band, you have vocals, drum, and guitar (guitar and bass). whereas guitar hero has all that, excluding the vocals. I think rock band is better overall.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2009 4:19:01 AM PDT
B. Birch says:
Thank you, jakewild for replying. I was leaning toward rock band 2. I am going to have to buy it for the Wi since I don't own a ps3 or xbox360.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2009 1:50:22 PM PDT
rgoo242 says:
@jakewild... have you played GHWT? No vocals? They both use all instruments. It really is just a choice of which instruments you like better. I prefer the GH guitars, but RB drums. The Mics are the same.

You can always buy the other one later, just buy the game only.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2009 4:09:30 PM PDT
jakewild says:
Oops! you're right! sorry about that. i was thinking of the previoius guitar heroes...sorry! even still i lean towards rock band. alos, if i may add, when playing guitar hero at my friend's house, it's extremely hard to see the lyrics for vocals on a small TV. so if you have a small tv, go for RB2 =))

Posted on Nov 24, 2009 3:57:17 PM PST
S. Stenner says:
Are the Rock Band instruments compatible with the new Band Hero game?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2009 9:08:59 PM PST
T. Osting says:
The RB instruments do not use a Wiimote - they connect via a dongle you connect to the Wii via usb. The GH instruments require you to stick one of your Wiimotes into it. So you can play GH instruments with RB but you cannot play RB with GH. I have both - GH drums a little better but looks worse - everything else RB2 - by far. Especially DLC and guitar IMO.

Posted on Nov 27, 2009 6:42:52 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 27, 2009 6:43:46 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 27, 2009 6:44:49 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 28, 2009 6:06:27 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 9:28:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2009 9:30:47 PM PST
what about on the xbox 360? ..are both GHWT and RB2 instruments compatible with each others game disks?

I'd love to just buy one set of instruments, once and for all, and then continue to buy game disks to expand.. so which set of instruments should i get for xbox 360.. RB2 or GHWT?

Posted on Jan 31, 2010 12:52:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2010 12:54:32 PM PST
The Crow says:
is possible to use the guitar and drum from the Wii Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit with Rock Band for Wii?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Sep 28, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 31, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wii Rock Band 2 Special Edition
Wii Rock Band 2 Special Edition by MTV Games (Nintendo Wii)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (141)