Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on May 7, 2011
No it's not a movie for adults. This is for kids. A giant jack black falls down... seat first and smushes down right on a tiny soldier .. Dead on target.

Is that kids fare to you? My kids laughed and laughed. It was innocent humor with a good message about life's twists and turns and overcoming first impressions.
on April 2, 2013
I took my children to see this movie at the cinema very reluctantly. The book is a masterpiece (one of my favourite books) and my children got to know the meaning of the work 'travesty' which I muttered every time they begged me to take them to see this Jack Black vehicle.

I relented and have to say that I actually really enjoyed it very much. Clearly the story has been updated and Gulliver is basically a slacker mailroom boy who dreams of impressing his boss, an editor in a New York travel magazine. He ends up taking a boat through the Bermuda Triangle and ends up in Lilliput, a kind of Ruritanian country, where he makes some kind of success mainly by urinating on the castle when it is on fire and saving the king of Lilliput.

There are some brilliant comic performances by Jack Black and Chris O'Dowd as well as Emily Blunt. You also have Billy Connolly and Catherine Tate (a bit underused) as the king and queen of Lilliput.

Anyway we now have the DVD and are still enjoying watching it.
on April 30, 2011
I liked it. I'm a Jack Black fan and he delivers again. This is marketed as a kid's movie, so I'm not sure what all the nay-sayers are complaining about. Take a chill pill, pull the critic out of your arse, and Enjoy a funny, feel good movie!
A+
on April 19, 2011
I seen the movie, it was really good. Jack Black and Jason Segel made an excellent performance in this movie. This duo were like Abbott and Costello in this movie, where a giant and a little guy stick together to become unbeatable team. Gulliver was a nerdy slacker who was working in a mailroom, going nowhere and the girl he has a crush doesn't know he exist. That changes, when he decided to become a journalist of the magazine where he works at, since his crush is the boss, he lied to her about some samples he wrote and she gave him an assignment of bermuda triangle. Gulliver goes to bermuda triangle and shipwrecks on an island with little people and their place looks like ninteenth century england. This is where Gulliver makes friends with little people and has a best friend on the island Horatio who looks up to Gulliver. Gulliver helps him land his crush the princess of the island. Gulliver had a make a choice go home, where people treat him like dirt and stay on the island where little people respect him. This movie is excellent, it has a great plot, great characters and a great love story.
on February 24, 2014
It's a kids movie, as long as you go into it knowing that...it's ok. Don't have high expectations. My 7 year old loves it and thinks it a terrific movie. I don't mind it that much, I just won't watch the end, no one needs to be exposed to jack black's attempt at singing.
on November 26, 2012
A classic fairy tale carried out with a modern life edge. Jack Black's character, smitten with the travel writer at his newspaper mailroom job, can't stop the crazy string of events which carry him to a place where he gets to be larger than life. The movie is full of great laughs and even some precious moments.
on March 1, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, It was funny and endearing. I as a child loved the cartoon of Gulliver's travels and of course the book. But this was fully of great comedian actors/actresses. A well made movie and very giggle worthy.
on June 1, 2011
Please describe the audio and video quality of any Blu-Ray you review. Thanks to those who do this.

The video quality was excellent, which is to be expected of any new movie on Blu-Ray. All new movies should look this good. The DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio was also excellent.

This isn't a great movie, but it sure is neat.
on March 25, 2011
Went to see this movie with my mom who's 80 and two girls ages 12&9 (I'm 40), we all thought it was a hoot! I think the person who laughed the most was my mother, life is short laugh!Jack Black was once again just funny with his facial expressions and ordinary looks, which I love. Not meant as a serious movie and I don't understand the bad reviews either.
on April 20, 2013
It was a very funny movie. Sometimes it's hard to like the main actor because he often or always plays fools in the movies. I enjoyed it and the movie itself wasn't offensive. I liked it. Once again, I didn't watch it sooner because of the majority of the low ratings. How silly of me to judge the movie prior to seeing it.