Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Size: iPad Mini|Change
Price:$49.95+ $5.45 shipping

on February 26, 2013
I had a gumdrop case for my IPAD2 and loved it. When I got my iPad mini, I thought about getting a gumdrop case but, the reviews were fairly negative so I didn't. Instead, I got an otter box case. I didn't like it as it was very bulky so I returned it. I contacted the gumdrop case company and asked them if they were aware of the issues with the iPad mini product. I got a fast response and they said they did and had addressed the issues with the manufacturer. So, I decided to buy one to try. I am so glad that I did. It fits great, protects the device, and I have had NO problems with buttons sticking or anything. I carry my mini in my purse to it gets tossed around quite a bit. It's protected it very well! I can not recommend this product highly enough!
on November 3, 2012
Got my new iPad Mini yesterday and wanted to get it into a case as quickly as possible so ordered this Gumdrop Drop Tech series case with overnight shipping. Arrived by 10 am so was excited to get it installed. It is rugged and I have no doubt that it will provide some serious additional protection to the iPad. Case fits well on the device although you should take good care to ensure your screen and the back side of the screen protector are cleaned well before installing.

Biggest problem for me is with the buttons. The volume up and down buttons tend to stick and then either take volume to full off or full on. So it's extremely difficult to set a volume in between the two extremes. I also find it completely impossible to push the power off/on button so have to basically leave the device sit so it can go to sleep on it's own. I am not lacking in strength and have exerted significant force attempting to power down the device but as far as I can tell the power button on the case is pretty much useless. It is my belief that this case needs some serious refinement to address the problems with the buttons.
on November 8, 2012
Does Not Fit Properly - As other reviews indicate.

The case simply does not fit properly unless you augment the home button by cutting out an additional 0.5cm to the lower aspect of the plastic-cover button. Anytime the case if fully covering the home button it will get stuck nearly immediately after placement. The home button repeatedly gets stuck and siri pops up - and the only way to fix the problem is to remove the rubber area surrounding the button and push rigorously to remove the plastic area from compressing the button. This error occurs nearly every single use, so my case bottom area is nearly 100% of the time uncovered... I am not going to cut out the extra necessary area, but will rather return the product for an otterbox case.

----- Follow-up 11-12-12 -----

I recently received an otterbox case for my Ipad Mini and there is a night a day difference between the two cases. First and foremost, with the otterbox case on my mini, instead of looking adolescent and feeling awkward in the hand (the wavelike pattern on the back feels very unusual and looks very unprofessional) it both looks far more professional and substantial and feels like a real-sized Ipad.

It is hard to explain the difference exactly, but there remains no question in my mind the otterbox case is much more what one would expect from a case; protection, look, and feel on par with price payed. I am very glad I decided to return the gum drop case rather than augment it to fit my ipad mini properly.
on January 10, 2013
Our tween loves her Gumdrop case. It has a low profile, great color choices, and all-around protection, including the screen. Ports are easy to access and port covers are sturdy (unlike another top brand).
on September 13, 2013
After having the griffin surivor case for the ipad, we decided to give this one a try for the mini. It's a great case. This case is one of the strongest cases around and we found it easier to grip/hold for the kids. We even went out and purchased a second one for our full-sized iPad too. This allows our kids to use both without us having to worry about drops or breakage. Highly highly recommend this case.
on February 6, 2013
This is a perfect case for a young person. It is heavy duty but also stylish. I was a little surprised that there were no instructions of how to open up the case (even if it is common sense, it wasn't that obvious, at least to me). I am happy with this product.

Update 25 August 2013 (about 6 months of use): The pink plastic portion has cracked in two places, but the case is still usable. Also, after a lot of use by dirty little hands, the plastic clear cover seems like it could be replaced- even with cleaning, it is not completely clear. Not sure if they sell replacements for the plastic cover. Still happy with it but wish it had kept up a little better.
on January 12, 2014
I've tried a few iPad cases now and the Gumdrop cases are simply one of the best. I didn't think I would use the built-in protector but it's actually pretty good when used on the Retina Mini. Sure I have a few misses due to the protector but it's probably at a rate of 1 miss for every 100 hits. The feel of the case is excellent and don't have the slightest thought about damaging the Retina mini whatsoever. My Amazon reviews tend to be picky and well, believe it or not, I really can't find anything to be picky about. Love the Orange color too!
on February 5, 2014
They are so sturdy and protective. We have spilled drinks on them, dropped them, and really abused them. But the iPad stays safe. And they are nice to look at. Kind of reminds us of a tire on a truck, very rugged. Only downfall is that they make the iPad very "chunky" but that's great for little hands.
on October 4, 2014
Sturdy and comfortable to hold. I got it for my iPad mini. I had the regular sized iPad but wanted one that I could easily carry in my purse. This case doesn't add a lot of bulk to it but does provide great protection. I have a typical purse with a lot of things rolling around in it and this cover keeps mine very nice. I got the black with red trim and really like it. I don't think I would get the book type of cover again.
on October 13, 2014
I have three of these cases for each member of the family's iPad Minis (different colors). The cases are well constructed and easy to put on and take off. The only thing I was not a huge fan of were the flaps that cover the lightning connector and other buttons. I realize this helps with the water resistance of the case but I have no need for that. What I did was carefully cut off the flaps with an X-acto knife and now I have unimpeded access to these functions. Both myself and my children have dropped our iPads on hard surfaces and have never had any issue. I would recommend these cases.