5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
Published 22 months ago by tap595

2.0 out of 5 stars Some problems
Published on November 3, 2012 by Jon

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 26, 2013
tap595 "TAP" (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I had a gumdrop case for my IPAD2 and loved it. When I got my iPad mini, I thought about getting a gumdrop case but, the reviews were fairly negative so I didn't. Instead, I got an otter box case. I didn't like it as it was very bulky so I returned it. I contacted the gumdrop case company and asked them if they were aware of the issues with the iPad mini product. I got a fast response and they said they did and had addressed the issues with the manufacturer. So, I decided to buy one to try. I am so glad that I did. It fits great, protects the device, and I have had NO problems with buttons sticking or anything. I carry my mini in my purse to it gets tossed around quite a bit. It's protected it very well! I can not recommend this product highly enough!

2.0 out of 5 stars Some problems, November 3, 2012
Got my new iPad Mini yesterday and wanted to get it into a case as quickly as possible so ordered this Gumdrop Drop Tech series case with overnight shipping. Arrived by 10 am so was excited to get it installed. It is rugged and I have no doubt that it will provide some serious additional protection to the iPad. Case fits well on the device although you should take good care to ensure your screen and the back side of the screen protector are cleaned well before installing.

Biggest problem for me is with the buttons. The volume up and down buttons tend to stick and then either take volume to full off or full on. So it's extremely difficult to set a volume in between the two extremes. I also find it completely impossible to push the power off/on button so have to basically leave the device sit so it can go to sleep on it's own. I am not lacking in strength and have exerted significant force attempting to power down the device but as far as I can tell the power button on the case is pretty much useless. It is my belief that this case needs some serious refinement to address the problems with the buttons.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Fit - HOME Button Gets Stuck Immediately, November 8, 2012
Does Not Fit Properly - As other reviews indicate.

The case simply does not fit properly unless you augment the home button by cutting out an additional 0.5cm to the lower aspect of the plastic-cover button. Anytime the case if fully covering the home button it will get stuck nearly immediately after placement. The home button repeatedly gets stuck and siri pops up - and the only way to fix the problem is to remove the rubber area surrounding the button and push rigorously to remove the plastic area from compressing the button. This error occurs nearly every single use, so my case bottom area is nearly 100% of the time uncovered... I am not going to cut out the extra necessary area, but will rather return the product for an otterbox case.

----- Follow-up 11-12-12 -----

I recently received an otterbox case for my Ipad Mini and there is a night a day difference between the two cases. First and foremost, with the otterbox case on my mini, instead of looking adolescent and feeling awkward in the hand (the wavelike pattern on the back feels very unusual and looks very unprofessional) it both looks far more professional and substantial and feels like a real-sized Ipad.

It is hard to explain the difference exactly, but there remains no question in my mind the otterbox case is much more what one would expect from a case; protection, look, and feel on par with price payed. I am very glad I decided to return the gum drop case rather than augment it to fit my ipad mini properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome protective case for Mini, September 13, 2013
After having the griffin surivor case for the ipad, we decided to give this one a try for the mini. It's a great case. This case is one of the strongest cases around and we found it easier to grip/hold for the kids. We even went out and purchased a second one for our full-sized iPad too. This allows our kids to use both without us having to worry about drops or breakage. Highly highly recommend this case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough and durable., October 13, 2013
Jonaly Palmer (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Series Case for Apple iPad mini and iPad mini Retina Display, Black/Red (DT-IPADMINI-BLK-RED) (Personal Computers)
Our almost 2 year old shares the iPad Mini with me and this case has definitely protected it. It's also easy to put on your ipad and also easy to clean. I'm glad we purchased this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Designed and Constructed Well, October 13, 2014
Dave McDonald (Dallas, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I have three of these cases for each member of the family's iPad Minis (different colors). The cases are well constructed and easy to put on and take off. The only thing I was not a huge fan of were the flaps that cover the lightning connector and other buttons. I realize this helps with the water resistance of the case but I have no need for that. What I did was carefully cut off the flaps with an X-acto knife and now I have unimpeded access to these functions. Both myself and my children have dropped our iPads on hard surfaces and have never had any issue. I would recommend these cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars This iPad is definitely going to last me forever now!!, December 3, 2012
As soon as i got my iPad mini 32gb i went straight to the internet to find the best most tough and durable case without any "holes" on the back haha and TA-DA it all sent me straight to Gumdrop cases and really I can i say that my ipad will look just as i bought from a year from now! and i love that! the case fits it snug and i read these other reviews and i don't have any problems what so ever with the buttons sticking or anything, they just have to make sure that you put the back rubber on appropriately over the red casing and you'll get it to fit perfectly. Thank you so much for reading and i hope this helps as it really is an awesome case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, doesn't add a lot of bulk, October 4, 2014
Sturdy and comfortable to hold. I got it for my iPad mini. I had the regular sized iPad but wanted one that I could easily carry in my purse. This case doesn't add a lot of bulk to it but does provide great protection. I have a typical purse with a lot of things rolling around in it and this cover keeps mine very nice. I got the black with red trim and really like it. I don't think I would get the book type of cover again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for last resort, September 27, 2014
Great protection. But good luck on volume buttons...they stick when you try to use them (either the volume is all the way up, or all the way down to mute). The access to the headphone port make it very hard to listen to music or watch videos. I had to take the case off to use the headphone port, AS WELL AS cut the volume section off the case so i could correctly use those buttons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, September 6, 2013
Great product. Would recommend again to anyone with kids or just wanting to protect expensive devices. Have had 6months now & been tested numerous times (iPad has been dropped quite a few times & throw a few too) fits nice and snug as expected too.