5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
Published 16 months ago by tap595

2.0 out of 5 stars Some problems
Published 20 months ago by Jon

2.0 out of 5 stars Some problems, November 3, 2012
Got my new iPad Mini yesterday and wanted to get it into a case as quickly as possible so ordered this Gumdrop Drop Tech series case with overnight shipping. Arrived by 10 am so was excited to get it installed. It is rugged and I have no doubt that it will provide some serious additional protection to the iPad. Case fits well on the device although you should take good care to ensure your screen and the back side of the screen protector are cleaned well before installing.

Biggest problem for me is with the buttons. The volume up and down buttons tend to stick and then either take volume to full off or full on. So it's extremely difficult to set a volume in between the two extremes. I also find it completely impossible to push the power off/on button so have to basically leave the device sit so it can go to sleep on it's own. I am not lacking in strength and have exerted significant force attempting to power down the device but as far as I can tell the power button on the case is pretty much useless. It is my belief that this case needs some serious refinement to address the problems with the buttons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 26, 2013
tap595 "TAP" (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I had a gumdrop case for my IPAD2 and loved it. When I got my iPad mini, I thought about getting a gumdrop case but, the reviews were fairly negative so I didn't. Instead, I got an otter box case. I didn't like it as it was very bulky so I returned it. I contacted the gumdrop case company and asked them if they were aware of the issues with the iPad mini product. I got a fast response and they said they did and had addressed the issues with the manufacturer. So, I decided to buy one to try. I am so glad that I did. It fits great, protects the device, and I have had NO problems with buttons sticking or anything. I carry my mini in my purse to it gets tossed around quite a bit. It's protected it very well! I can not recommend this product highly enough!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Fit - HOME Button Gets Stuck Immediately, November 8, 2012
Does Not Fit Properly - As other reviews indicate.

The case simply does not fit properly unless you augment the home button by cutting out an additional 0.5cm to the lower aspect of the plastic-cover button. Anytime the case if fully covering the home button it will get stuck nearly immediately after placement. The home button repeatedly gets stuck and siri pops up - and the only way to fix the problem is to remove the rubber area surrounding the button and push rigorously to remove the plastic area from compressing the button. This error occurs nearly every single use, so my case bottom area is nearly 100% of the time uncovered... I am not going to cut out the extra necessary area, but will rather return the product for an otterbox case.

----- Follow-up 11-12-12 -----

I recently received an otterbox case for my Ipad Mini and there is a night a day difference between the two cases. First and foremost, with the otterbox case on my mini, instead of looking adolescent and feeling awkward in the hand (the wavelike pattern on the back feels very unusual and looks very unprofessional) it both looks far more professional and substantial and feels like a real-sized Ipad.

It is hard to explain the difference exactly, but there remains no question in my mind the otterbox case is much more what one would expect from a case; protection, look, and feel on par with price payed. I am very glad I decided to return the gum drop case rather than augment it to fit my ipad mini properly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 7 months with gentle use, January 12, 2014
I have been in negotiations with the company for months and had a lack of response from them, so not only is the product not great, the customer service is mediocre as well. This broke in four different spots randomly one day after seven months of gentle use. I use my iPad at home and treat it very kindly. It shouldn't t have broken. I am much happier with another well known brand for iPad cases that only cost me $30. Would not recommend this case - plastic is much cheaper and flimsier than you would expect for paying $70. Unfortunately, as I really like the colors and wanted to enjoy this product for much longer.

I guess the only pro is the button covers are better and I enjoy the tactile feel more than my new case. I'm willing to sacrifice that for a product that lasts though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and cute, February 6, 2013
This is a perfect case for a young person. It is heavy duty but also stylish. I was a little surprised that there were no instructions of how to open up the case (even if it is common sense, it wasn't that obvious, at least to me). I am happy with this product.

Update 25 August 2013 (about 6 months of use): The pink plastic portion has cracked in two places, but the case is still usable. Also, after a lot of use by dirty little hands, the plastic clear cover seems like it could be replaced- even with cleaning, it is not completely clear. Not sure if they sell replacements for the plastic cover. Still happy with it but wish it had kept up a little better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection and cool colors, January 10, 2013
Dr. Mom to Three (Suburban Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
Our tween loves her Gumdrop case. It has a low profile, great color choices, and all-around protection, including the screen. Ports are easy to access and port covers are sturdy (unlike another top brand).

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough and durable., October 13, 2013
Jonaly Palmer (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Series Case for Apple iPad mini and iPad mini Retina Display, Black/Red (DT-IPADMINI-BLK-RED) (Personal Computers)
Our almost 2 year old shares the iPad Mini with me and this case has definitely protected it. It's also easy to put on your ipad and also easy to clean. I'm glad we purchased this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome protective case for Mini, September 13, 2013
After having the griffin surivor case for the ipad, we decided to give this one a try for the mini. It's a great case. This case is one of the strongest cases around and we found it easier to grip/hold for the kids. We even went out and purchased a second one for our full-sized iPad too. This allows our kids to use both without us having to worry about drops or breakage. Highly highly recommend this case.

5.0 out of 5 stars GUMDROP CASE YAAY...GRIFFIN CASE BOO!, November 23, 2013
I bought an iPad mini for my 4 year old granddaughter. After much research on the web I bought a Griffin Defender case for it (mainly because it was supposed to protect up to a 6 foot drop onto concrete). Two days later the mini slipped off the bed (18") onto a wood floor. The Griffin case came apart and the screen on the mini was shattered! I replaced the mini and bought the GumDrop because the protection is all the way around the perimeter with NO gaps (which the Griffin had). I am happy to report that both my granddaughter and her mini in its GumDrop case are both doing well!

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING THIS CASE SHATTERED MY IPAD SCREEN, February 10, 2014
We bought two of these for two iPads. We initially thought they were great. However over time i noticed some grit under the gumdrop screen on one iPad. When I removed the case i discovered that the plastic inner piece was cracked around the start button. This could not be seen under the rubber outer shell. It turns out the grit was actually glass splinters from my iPad screen - by pushing the start button the cracked plastic of the gumdrop case pushed into the glass screen and actually shattered the iPad screen around the start button. I checked our other iPad and the gumdrop case was broken in the same spot. It hadn't shattered the second screen yet but was in the process - the glass now shows etching mimicking the perimeter of the gumdrop plastic piece. Contacted gumdrop and they refused to help in any way, shape or form. Not only do they not warranty protection of the iPad, they don't reimburse for the cost of their own product. Now I am out the cost of the case and am looking at $250 for apple to replace the glass. THIS CASE WILL BREAK YOUR IPAD.

Rate and Discover Movies