Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon May 3, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Let me start of by saying I already had a case for my Kindle Fire. I wasn't unhappy with it, not until I started using the Gumdrop case. I also have the Marware leather case. It was okay. I will NOT be going back to that Marware leather case now that I have been using the Gumdrop case.

Con:
-It can't stand the kindle upright
-It collects lint

Pros:
-Lightweight
-Awesome looking (LOVE the color!)
-VERY durable
-Hard plastic screen protector
-Touch screen works great under the above mentioned screen protector
-I've dropped my kindle multiple times (on accident!) with no consequence
-The texture of the durable rubber backing makes it easier to hold (I'm dropping it less now! haha)

I highly recommend this Gumdrop case. I notice that some have complained that it makes the Kindle too hot or overheats it - I have not had this problem. I play games for hours and read for even longer... No problems whatsoever. If I end up having any of these issues, I'll update my review.
on November 29, 2012
I ordered this for my 8 yr old daughter's Kindle Fire HD not knowing it wouldn't fit. The description of product just said 7" Kindle Fire but didn't specify that it was not compatible with the HD model. Being I have never owned a Kindle Fire before, I didn't realize there was a difference in the two. Even though I didn't get to use, it seemed to be a very good product and would offer great protection for the device. Wish they offered it for the HD model. I would definitely buy it.
VINE VOICEon May 10, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you're worried about your Kindle surviving a plane crash, alien invasion,or thermonuclear war, this is the protective case for you. The thing is so well padded, it looks like you could drop this off a ten story building, or shoot it with a shotgun, and your Kindle would be fine. It's amazingly durable, easy to install, soft and comfortable to hold, and the built-in screen protector is terrific. And with the almost neon-bright, green coloring, you'll never forget your Fire on a subway or a plane. Those are the pluses.

The downside is that it makes your slim Fire quite a bit larger and heavier...about the weight of a good-sized trade paperback book...and it's not the least bit subtle. Holding this thing, people could spot you in the dead of night from a mile away. It also doesn't have any kind of stand, so you have to lay it flat to type on it or hold it up if you want to watch a movie. But I have to say, I like it even better than the slimmer, fancier, leather case that I bought with my Fire originally. For some reason, it just feels more comfortable in my hands and I feel safer lugging it around with me to more places.

That said, I got this free for review. Would I have paid $50 for it? No, I don't think so. At $25, definitely. But c'mon, it's basically a thick, molded rubber sleeve. It couldn't have cost more than $3 to make. Charging $50 for this is absurd.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I bought my dad a Kindle Fire as a Christmas present last year and as it is he doesn't get a lot of use out of the device. I on the other hand love the simplicity of the device and love reading so end up using the Fire more than him.

The first case I purchased for the Fire was a standard, black-leather folio case with a soft microfiber lining. It looked really sharp on the Fire but didn't really afford much extra protection. So the hunt for a new case began and that's where I first discovered the Gumdrop cases.

This little case is made from some heavy duty silicone that fits tightly around the Fire in its lime-green glory. I love the splash of color and it matches the color of my wife's M-Edge Kindle Jacket. The color is loud so if you're looking for something more subtle this just isn't it. The silicone skin and screen protector do a fine job protecting the Fire from damage. I let my 8 year old nephew play with the Fire and he tested the impact resistance of the case within a few minutes without a scratch to the device!

There are a few factors that keep me from rating this product higher though:
1. The silicone skin is a dust & hair magnet! I have two French Bulldog's and the Gumdrop is like a Frenchie hair catch. Seriously, Gumdrop should consider making a pet-hair broom out of this stuff!

2. The screen protector is extra smudge and oil sensitive and is more difficult to wipe cleanly than just the regular Gorilla-Glass on the Fire.

3. The skin fits so tightly around the Fire the device gets very hot when in use or charging. I got to the point where I was taking the skin off the Fire whilst charging.
VINE VOICEon April 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Get a grip on your sleek and slippery Kindle Fire with this rugged tire-tread looking protective case by Gumbdrop. The build is similar to Otterbox's Defender cases for the I-phone. You get a hard polycarbonate interior shell, this one only covering around the the forward half of the fire (the more vulnerable area) and well wrapped by a thicker, chunky rubber outer layer. The case also comes with a screen protector that will help keep the dirt and smudges off your Fire.

I've tried other cases with my Fire. A sleeve and two different folio style covers. While all did their job, I was never 100% happy with them. I was skeptical of the Gumdrop case because I really didn't want to add bulk or weight to my Kindle Fire. Plus, it doesn't offer a stand or a hard cover to protect the open front.

Little did I know what true joy this unique case would offer for my Kindle Fire that totally changed my outlook.

GRIP.

Oh my goodness. That quirky tire-tread design gives me the best grip ever for my Fire. This is what I've been missing all along. The ability to get a solid grip on my one pound Kindle Fire and not feel like its gonna slip out of my hands or make my hands fatigued. My other cases did not offer me that comfort. This Gumdrop Tech Series case did. It made me fall in love with my Kindle Fire all over again. I'm actually using it more now than before because I grip it with confidence and knowing it is also well protected.

If there is one thing I'm not completely sold on is the protective screen cover. It works with the touchscreen, there's no problems there. I don't like that it has a bit of a haze to it degrading the view quality of Kindle's vivid display a bit. Plus, since it is plastic, I wonder how resistant it is to scratches and will I need to eventually replace it? Will there be replacements available? However, the screen protector is optional and removable, so I guess if it ever gets that bad, I can just throw it away. What I do like, especially with these kind of enclosures, it that the screen protector will keep the dirt from wedging into the corners. The screen protector doesn't fully flat lay on the screen...it hovers ever so slightly so it makes a tap noise when pressed. It's kinda annoying sometimes.

Other than that, I have nothing but high praise for the Gumdrop Drop Tech Protective case for Kindle Fire. The grip alone won my favor for this case, but it's also nice knowing it offers great protection too.

This Gumdrop case has now earned its way to My Favorite Things Pinterest board.

Update 5/24: I still have nothing but love for this case. However, I do want to point out that cover flap for the power button sticks out quite a bit and its a little to easy to accidentally shut the Kindle off. I've had this happen a couple of times, but I've adapted and learned to avoid that.
on July 10, 2013
I bought two of these for my children's kindle fires (original 2011 model). Huge difference in the protection from one of those fake leather like cases. I like the built in screen protection and my 3 and 5 year olds are tough on the kindles.

Two things I would like to see:
* Lower Price - this is about 1/3 the cost of the kindle itself.
* Ability to purchase replacement screen protector portion; the once form the kids have become scratched and worn.
on June 14, 2014
I love this case - the color is amazing! The only thing is the tab for the power tends to push on the cord which makes me feel like it's going to bend the charger, but it hasn't done that (but I still think it's a little too tight).
on January 6, 2016
This is exactly what I was looking for. I've kept my original Kindle Fire in perfect condition and plan to give it to my son when he's a little older (six months now), but I knew I needed something super protective against a toddler's slippery grasp. It seems super durable, was easy to install and looks good.
on May 22, 2012
I purchased this case over a leather case because of my kids. I have a two year old and a six year old that both play games and read on my Kindle Fire. It fits like a glove! The silicone skin is perfect for my two year old to hold on to, I am slightly less terrified it will slip out of her hands. The case installed in under two minutes, it seems quite durable. I did need to take a few seconds to ease the corners into place, like I said it fits exactly right, no extra room. It does add some extra weight which took a couple of hours and a good book to forget about, now I do not even notice it. It seems very secure, I think it could be dropped from a fair distance without the Kindle even noticing it. As far as it causing the unit to heat up, it does get slightly warmer than it did before, nothing remotely close to uncomfortable or what could be considered a damaging temperature. I do try to turn it off when I charge it, which seems to stop the problem. Overall LOVE IT!!

Update:
I have had this case for several months now, my Kindle has been dropped and dripped on, big surprise there, so far this case has held up to the test. The screen cover gets really dirty and it makes it less touch sensitive and it is difficult to clean in the corners without a q-tip. Also it seems to hold smells, I just wipe it with a dryer sheet and that seems to make it better. Over all I still love this case.
on May 17, 2016
The case was purchased for my granddaughters Kindle. The report I was given is that the product met all expectations regarding fit and protection for the Kindle. That said my review is that this product was as advertised and was a positive purchase experience.