on October 18, 2012
Mine arrived with a scratched screen protector, not enough of a problem for the hassle and expense of returning to Amazon, but I expected Gumdop to replace it under warranty since manufacturing cost for this one part can be no more than 5 cents. I tried multiple times, but they kept refusing to honor the warranty, instead, telling me to just return it to Amazon.
This case does a good job of protecting the tablet, but with the poor attitude Gumdrop has toward their customers, I will never buy one of their products again. If you are looking at this case due to the protection it offers, take a look at the BobJ cases also sold here on Amazon. They should protect just as well, and they have a good customer service reputation on the tablet forums. I wish I had bought one of theirs, along with a high quality screen protector. I would have been better off, and cheaper.

EDIT:
Gumdrop made things right with me, but they also again confirmed that they do not sell the screen seperately, even though it says so right on the package. When I pointed out this fact, they said that they did not realize that, and that they just dont get enough call for them. What difference does that make? If they advertise that they sell them, then they need to.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 17, 2013
The case is solid, and good protection. But that does not outweigh the two major problems that I have had with this case:

(1) I can not use the HDMI port or attach the Asus USB adapter while my tablet is inside this case. The openings are too small to allow a plug to go into the case. The Asus charging cable attaches, the memory card is accessible, and the headphone jack is usable. But the accessories I need to do presentations from my tablet are not.

(2) I get random input when the screen protector is attached. Probably from static. But I can't make my tablet function when the screen cover is on.

I emailed the company when I first got the case about the problem with the ports, and got no response. My review on their web site was mysteriously never approved for posting.
on November 29, 2012
A very solid case. The ridges not only make the case look badass (admit it, it is important to you) but allow a very good grip in horizontal and vertical orientations with only one hand. The case does add some significant heft to the weight but with my large hands that is fine for me. When the kids carry it they likely will have to use two hands which is a bonus to the weight. I still don't want it dropped unnecessarily but I won't stress out if it does hit the ground.

Overall it fits perfectly, the rubber plug covers are snug fitting and come summer I won't be worried about dust getting into the various connections. I wouldn't test it but I'd suspect that the tablet would even survive a brief submerging in liquid. The rocker for volume and button for power are positioned perfectly so there has been no need to double press or fiddle around to change volume of power on or off. There is no noticeable change in the speaker volume. The case fits tightly, and now that it's on I won't be taking it off. I do not have the keyboard attachment and if I did I would probably become frustrated with how hard it is to remove and install the case. That is a non-issue for me but I figured I would mention it.

The built-in screen protector doesn't affect the touch responsiveness at all. It doesn't feel any different when using my finger but there is slightly more resistance when using a stylus but I've quickly become used to it.

I guess I can sum it up by saying once the family gets a second tablet I will order a Gumdrop case for that tablet also. It's also too bad they don't make cases for Android phones, I would trade my Ballistic case for a Gumdrop in an instant.
on November 24, 2012
This case is not worth buying. While it does a good job at protecting the tablet from bumps and drops, it does not allow the tablet to work properly when on.
I thought I had a defective tablet, but it turned out that it was the case putting pressure on certain parts of the screen. This pressure caused the machine to freak out and open tons of apps on its own randomly.
The case also felt greasy and easily collects dust and lint.
I would not recommend this product.
on September 15, 2012
WOW...this protective case is awesome. I bought this case because I have an 8 and 5 year old that constantly play with my iPad and new Transformer.
The exterior rubber cover is thick and robust. The cut-out flaps that cover the charging port, 3.5mm headphone jack, and SD slot are very well positioned and fit snug to provide maximum protection from dust. The interior plastic seems a bit cheap, but this is of minimum impact. It has a built in screen protector that works will with this case. Operation and touch response is quick and smooth. Once the TF300 is inserted into the plastic case, you will have a bit of a challenge getting the thick rubber case on...but this, in my opinion, is a good thing. Both pieces come together very nicely, providing a tight fit between the plastic and rubber casings.

Aside from the protection it provides, this case is very unique looking and gets lots of attention when I do pull it out. I've received several compliments about the look of the case. My son refers to it and a "Monster Truck tire" case!

Overall, I am extremely happy with this product. I will definitely keep Gunbrop on my radar for any future needs.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 27, 2012
This item does do as it is intended and protects the tablet.It has all the correct holes cut out and is fairly easy to assemble. It does however add so much weight that it makes the tablet weigh as much as my laptop. It is bulky and rather unappealing to anyone who sees it. I had bought this protector so I could take my tablet when I go biking, but the added weight and bulk of it makes that not ideal. Be sure that you want this before you purchase it because while the return process is easy it is not cheap for this item. Its weight and dimensions make it a rather costly return.
on September 13, 2012
Since Otterbox has yet to make a case for this tablet, this case is the next best thing. Sadly quality is very low. Four weeks into owning this I plugged in my Tablet to charge up when I went to bed. By the time I returned when I got up, the flap that covers to charger port had developed a 3/4s to 1 inch tear into the case. I have emailed Gumdrop for service on this but have yet to receive a reply. If this case was a Otterbox I would probably have a new silicon cover already shipped, but as yet I have not heard anything from them.

Update 12/16: As instructed by Gumdrop mailed this case to Gumdrop for an exchange, IN EARLY OCTOBER!!!!!. No emails since then, or any other form of contact with them. Very unhappy, If I could I would give this a negative 5. Do not order anything from gumdrop. I REPEAT DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM GUMDROP!!!!!!!
on June 4, 2014
A good purchase. Amazon sells this for 10 dollars LESS than you can find in stores. Fits perfect and includes a nice clear screen protector. It got to my door 2 days after i purchased it that was great too. The ONLY drawback is that with the case on i cannot connect it to the Transformers' docking keyboard. Otherwise this wouod be a 5 star rating. Surely i am breathing easier now knowing that my precious tablet is safer with my 3 1/2 yr old niece around. :)
on August 14, 2013
WOW! This case is way better then expected. It is very rugged, adds supreme protection for the tablet. Also adds some nice weight to it, which I like a lot. All cut outs line up perfectly, that was a concern for me, but find the fear was for nothing. Totally worth the cost of the case, especially concidering the value of what it is protecting. You get what you pay for, and in this case that is a good thing! When puting the case on, be patient, take your time to make sure everything is snapped in correctly and you will be just as pleased with your purchase as I am. Only thing I wish was different is I wanted a white on black case, but the black on black was the only color avalible for this model tablet.
on April 19, 2013
I deliberated for some time over my choice of case for my tablet...especially after having it hit the desk face down, cracking the LCD less than a month after buying it. At the time, I had a more simplistic case, purchased for the flip cover and the fact that I could prop it up at an angle with said cover. It was a nice case - no complaints about it...but it just wasn't built for protection.

Now that I have it back in my hands, fully repaired, I finally pulled the trigger (after waffling between BobjGear and Gumdrop) on this case, because by the looks of it, of seemed to offer more overall protection for my tablet.

So far, 24 hours in, I am very pleased. The case was easy to install, and feels solid in my hands. The surface offers a good amount of friction to prop it up if need be, and while I have no intention of testing it out, I feel confident that my tablet will survive if it takes a tumble.

Two things I've run into so far, which are nothing more than minor irritants:

1) About 30 minutes after I initially put the case on, my tablet started freaking out, like someone was tapping on the upper right part of the screen, about 1-2" to the right of the camera, I removed the case, flexed it a bit there, and popped it back on. No problems since.

2) Even though I wiped down the inside of the screen protector with a cleaning cloth, as well as my tablet screen, there seems to be some type of almost oily residue that causes a rainbow effect when looked at from certain angles. Using the touchscreen, it shifts about.

Again, these 2 issues are minor, and would not stop me from buying the case again, or recommending it to my friends.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations