5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on August 30, 2011 by Mshep

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, August 30, 2011
This review is from: Gummibär: I Am Gummy Bear (DVD)
My son is 20 months old and absoutely loves the Youtube Gummy Bear videos so I decided to buy the DVD so he would stay off my laptop but I was disappointed. This video only features like 4 songs I know you are thinking but the product details says it has 11 songs yeah it does but its I am a gummy Bear (English), Cho Ka Ka O, Nuki Nuki, then I am a gummy bear 7 times in various languages such as German, Hungarian, Swedish, Portuguese, Spanish...so that some 7 times in a row in different languages is REALLY boring and annoying follow that is the Cha Ka Ka O again but this time the English version and then Nuki Nuki (Short Edit). I wish it included the Futbol song and La La La I love you but it doesnt I was very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver, July 24, 2009
This review is from: Gummibär: I Am Gummy Bear (DVD)
I bought the CD for when my fiancee and our daughter go up to visit her parents on weekends in New York (6-7 hour drive). She enjoys the music and falls asleep but after time gets bored. So before going up with them on a week I had vacation I bought the DVD and took a laptop with me. Played it in a continuous loop for 4 of those 6 hours and it kept her entertained.

Also having the same video in many languages (in reality you pay for like 4 different songs/videos) it helps stimulate the mind and learn a language. If she hears the English version too much she screams until we put another language on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once, I ate a gummy bear with chianti, March 26, 2010
This review is from: Gummibär: I Am Gummy Bear (DVD)
When I heard "The Gummy Bear Song" the first time, I assumed it was a commercial for candy. Our little convenience store sells German gummy bears. This evening, they had run out of them, so I had to rest contended with jelly nukis instead! (I'm consuming those as we speak.)

Then I saw the "Choco" clip on Youtube and was confused. Why was the gummy bear doing a commercial for cocoa? Was I missing out on something here?

It's a German novelty song, stupid!

Gummibär is a disco artist of that unimitable kind only spawned in Sweden and Germany. His "songs" became instant hits on Youtube, and has given rise to a little cottage industry. Of course, the songs are both silly and annoying, except for kids, who will drive you mad playing them all night long. Here's a tip if they annoy you too much: bribe them with a jelly nuki!

Essentially, Gummibär only made three songs: "I'm a Gummy Bear", "Choco choco choco" and "Nuki". However, our ingenious little friend recorded "I'm a Gummy Bear" in several different languages, including Slovak, Hungarian and (of course) Swedish. The Swedish lyrics are (almost) grammatically correct, but the bear seems to be singing them with a slight German accent! :D

Nobody will remember Gummibär ten years into the future, but as a funny diversion at your local day care center (or convenience store), it might as well work...

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, September 30, 2010
This review is from: Gummibär: I Am Gummy Bear (DVD)
We happened across this originally on Youtube and my son loves it. It gets annoying when playing for too long, but my kids find it so funny (1 and 2 years).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for the little one, March 28, 2014
This review is from: Gummibär: I Am Gummy Bear (DVD)
Bought it for my granddaughter for holidays. She loves the music and loves to dance to it. Great little present.

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby loves it drives mom crazy, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Gummibär: I Am Gummy Bear (DVD)
I read reviews on how it comes with different languages, but my 18 month old son loves the song so I figured multi languages would be good.. It has loop play and anyhow, can drive moms crazy by the end of loop one. The baby just dances and laughs. I think its fun, just like that internet version on big screen tv. Has a few other songs, but lots and lots of the "I am a gummy bear".

2.0 out of 5 stars gummy bear only song, December 24, 2013
This review is from: Gummibär: I Am Gummy Bear (DVD)
not what expected had only two songs and one song in different languages would like to see at least extra videos

5.0 out of 5 stars puts my grandson to sleep, September 18, 2013
This review is from: Gummibär: I Am Gummy Bear (DVD)
my 16 month old grandbaby loves it he watches it all the time and dances to it even listens to it when he goes to sleep ....

5.0 out of 5 stars A Big Hit For Babies, August 18, 2013
This review is from: Gummibär: I Am Gummy Bear (DVD)
I bought this movie for my Grandson and he absolutely loves it. It's a really good movie for babies because its very colorful and a lot of music. I would highly recommend this to other parents with young children. It works great on a long trip in the car too . That's all he wanted to watch on our way to vacation. I'm very glad I chose I am a Gummi Bear movie for my Grandson. Thank you so much, Cathy M.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stupid,stupid, and more stupid!!, August 11, 2013
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Gummibär: I Am Gummy Bear (DVD)
Ahhhhhhhh,the first YouTube video I ever watched, now they put it on CD...WICH I HATE!!! I thought it
would be more like 10 diffrent songs!! But noooo it's actually 10 diffrent languagas! c'mon!! Waste of
money!

Gummibär: I Am Gummy Bear
Gummibär: I Am Gummy Bear by Gummibär (DVD - 2009)
$14.98 $12.29