Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on September 1, 2012
What can I say? I'm married to a gun-nut! And he loves to pour over the Digest. He practically slobbers & drools when paging thru them. He swears by the info included and is constantly showing me items he thinks I would love. I do have to say for a non-gun person like myself; when I DO want some info, the digest is laid out very logically. Even I can find what I'm looking for. And the pictures are great. Some folks save Nat'l Geographics. We have a special shelf for Gun Digests!
on September 7, 2012
The 2013 Gun Digest , still the bible of firearms products , seems to becoming duller ,or perhaps I am just getting older .
I enjoy the reviews of new products and the ballistics tables , but am disappointed with the directory section of firearms .
The photos there seem to have become fewer and they are certainly smaller , which as I get older , is much more difficult to view at their size now .
I would like to see a table of new wildcats and improved cartridges as I am an incurable wildcatter . Particularly IMHSA .
Also I have the feeling that due to deadlines the cartridge review is not up to date .
Need to save pages is probably why the gun photos are small
However I wait impatiently each year for the latest edition
on April 9, 2013
Gun Digest's are always great, the article on the Petersen Collection was fascinating, I could spend days looking at that collection. The article on gun engraving, was really nice. Its has always intrigued me, in how much art can be put into the metal of guns. Then there was the truth about the .223 vs 5.56., really needed that, since I like that caliber a lot, and have both guns.
on September 2, 2013
I started reading my brothers Gun Digest when I was five years old. It was the one with the Volcanic lever action pistol on the cover. That one book hooked me on reading, history, and guns. I love my Gun Digests. It is a tradition for me to give my Father- in- law my prior years book as a Christmas present. He is never disappointed.
on August 8, 2013
Books are books so what can I say. I purchase only the book that I as a Gunsmith would use or maybe like to read. So that is what I did here, It reads easy and it is on my Amazon E Book account and on my Kindle and my Dell Tablet and all three love working with the E Book application system... There you go, if you have a an E Book system I recommend that system for all your Tech type books.
on January 11, 2014
I bought this as a gift for a gun enthusiast. Therefore I gave it four stars. The enthusiast seems to really like the book. Especially the historic sections of the older guns. Colorful pictures and lots of content.
on December 1, 2012
a fairly accurate account of available retail weapons, although the pricing often is not accurate, blended with a series of woodsy, warm & fuzzy brief essays, some informative and insightful historical weapons articles and some almost current ammo info. Directions in the forest, especially for beginners
on April 22, 2013
This is another very useful edition of my favorite firearms almanac. Jerry Lee has done a commendable job pulling together some very interesting stories. As a former editor, I too often read with a pencil in my hand and found many corrections. With more experience those should be reduced. I'm still reading it and still enjoying the tremendous amount of information Gun Digest provides.
on January 3, 2013
This book has been dad's Christmas present for years. Now that dad is gone I keep the tradition going and give it to myself every year. The quality of the book, the writing, pictures, etc. is always superb.
on October 4, 2012
The 2013 Gun Digest is fairly decent addition to any gun collector or enthusiasts' library. It has sufficient information to make it valuable, although it does seem to fall short in some respects. I will not hesitate to purchase the 2014 edition when it's relaesed.