5.0 out of 5 stars Great present with high replay value
Published on April 28, 2010 by Laurie Geodakov

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small.
I was really expecting this to be bigger but it's still cute. I assumed the happy birthday song was louder and came from the cake, not the little teddy bear. Overall it's a fun toy for my granddaughter.
Published 7 months ago by Cindie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present with high replay value, April 28, 2010
This review is from: Gund: My First Birthday Playset (Baby Product)
My 5 yo DD received this toy for her first birthday. It was an immediate hit. She loved putting the toys in and out of the cake, and eventually zipping it shut. I liked the different sensory elements of each toy - the bear plays "happy birthday" (the battery lasted over 4 years before giving up), the present crinkles, the camera has a shiny "lens", the cupcake rattles, and the hat is fun to put on stuffed animals and the dog.

We put a picture of her first birthday into the photo pocket, so the toy is still a nice reminder of a simpler time. All the pieces of this set are still in great shape, even though I've had to wash a few due to drool.

My daughter still plays with the set, though now her stuffed animals are having the birthday and she is masterminding the party.

The only downside is that the little toys are like chihuahua-bait. I have had to retrieve them from the dog bed many times!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, June 5, 2008
This review is from: Gund: My First Birthday Playset (Baby Product)
I bought this for my son for his 1st birthday. At first glance, I thought the purple might be too girly, but my son loves it. His favorite is the bear, and the cupcake. The little gifts inside are too cute, and are perfect for little hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet First Birthday toy and keepsake!, May 25, 2013
This review is from: Gund: My First Birthday Playset (Baby Product)
I purchased this for my daughter's first birthday and she simply LOVED it. The set was adorable and she quickly became obsessed with the teddy bear because when pressed, it plays the classic Happy Birthday tune. All the pieces are perfect for babies, mainly because they each have a different sensory element that most babies enjoy. Squeaker, crinkles, and rattles will keep babies entertained and happy.

It must be noted that this toy is smaller than most people expect, but keep in mind, this toy is meant for babies and thus is sized accordingly. At the regular retail price, it's far too expensive and overly priced, but I purchased this for 75% off w/free ship and it was perfect, so if you are interested in this, try and see if it goes down in price if you have the time. Personally I feel that this toy, although super cute, shouldn't be priced anymore than $15 MAX, mainly because of it's small size. Other than that, it's a great purchase and one that would be greatly appreciated by the child and their parents because it can be put away as a cute keepsake.

This would make a cute first birthday gift or even a simple keepsake baby shower gift for boy or girl. Gund is known for their quality and it shows here. On sale, it's a great purchase and I highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun keepsake, December 7, 2013
This review is from: Gund: My First Birthday Playset (Baby Product)
It is very small, but I wouldn't worry too much about it being a choking hazard. My daughter loved it and still plays with it a month later. She likes putting all the stuff in and out of the cake. Every thing does something different like rattle or make noise. The bear plays Happy Birthday and is surprisingly loud for such a small bear.

2.0 out of 5 stars Small, May 16, 2014
This review is from: Gund: My First Birthday Playset (Baby Product)
The image you see is almost actual size. Pretty disappointed and now have to buy a supplemental gift for my niece.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small., April 21, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Props, December 16, 2013
This review is from: Gund: My First Birthday Playset (Baby Product)
I always do a unit on growing up in my preschool/kindergarten class. I use these as props for the dramatic play center. The children love the musical bear and it has held up rather well. They love taking pretend pictures of their friends blowing out candles with the plush camera. This is perfect for talking about growing up and all the celebrations and accomplishments they have learned to do since they were little.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun..., December 10, 2013
This review is from: Gund: My First Birthday Playset (Baby Product)
My girls love this and love to play birthday-have had it for a couple years and still play with it. there is a rattle, a bear that plays happy birthday, a squeaky camera and a present. All are contained in a cake that zips closed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, December 5, 2013
This review is from: Gund: My First Birthday Playset (Baby Product)
Second purchase of this item. Items prefect for a first birthday gift. My daughter loved hers. Hopefully my son will enjoy his as we.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Cute and fun!, September 12, 2013
This review is from: Gund: My First Birthday Playset (Baby Product)
My son likes the little toys and this is just too cute to resist!! Perfect for the first birthday and then as baby grows up you can put a picture on the front of the cake and store it for a memento. Great Quality and an awesome price.

Gund: My First Birthday Playset