5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOO GOOD!!
Published on November 4, 2010 by Peg

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't Go Wrong With a Horse Story
Published 22 months ago by MAC

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOO GOOD!!, November 4, 2010
This is one of those "can't put down" books, especially when you know it's TRUE, and it happened right down the highway in your own state!! I cried my way through it,as I remembered during Katrina and Rita that Horse folks should have contacts all over the state and states next to MS, FL, AL,LA, and TX that when a hurricaine is coming; they'll know they have folks and a barn or pastures inland waiting for them to evacuate to!

And the churches could do the same for all folks! ALL of us have a spare sofa, if not a spare bedroom or two!
;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little book., November 28, 2011
Amazon Customer (Salida, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gunner: Hurricane Horse (True Horse Stories) (Paperback)
I love horses, always have. True stories of horses, especially inspiring ones, touch my heart. This one did. Well written, this book makes a very good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars katrina's horse, September 18, 2011
This review is from: Gunner: Hurricane Horse (True Horse Stories) (Paperback)
a heart warming book about a horse that lived through the horror's of that terrible hurricane my son-in-law was there for the restoreration

5.0 out of 5 stars I love a good horse story!, February 12, 2012
My family and I are horse owners and I love reading quality books about horses. This was enjoyable, interesting and an all round good read. I cannot believe what this horse must have gone through in the hurricane and immediately afterwards, and then to come back from that to compete at national level. Just goes to show what amazing animals our horses are, and when owned by amazing people who are prepared to shift heaven and earth to help their horses, the results are astounding.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Horse Stories Books are Wonderful reads, January 15, 2012
KelseyH17 (Nebraska, USA) - See all my reviews
This book brought tears to my eyes! The story is wonderful! I am an avid horse lover and have been around them my whole life and can't even imagine what it would be like to lose a horse like this! This is a great read for any age of horse lover!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, December 29, 2011
With the exception of reading Ruffian's biography, I've never cried as hard as I did after reading this book. That's all I'll say because it's a heroic, yet tragic, story. And true. As a horse owner and western pleasure exhibitor, I applaud both the author and owner for telling the story as well as it was done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Wrenching and true, August 4, 2012
I wondered during Katrina, all the way out here in California, how in the heck people with livestock were managing such a catastrophic disaster, and this book answered my questions. It wasn't manageable on any level, and horrible things happened to people and horses. I couldn't put this book down, it grabbed me from the very beginning since our Hero Gunner had the same coltish bad boy personality as our three year old Morgan has now, including the one blue eye. (They aren't just for paint horses anymore!) I have also showed paints and pintos back in the day, so I related so much to the story of Gunner and his family. Gut wrenching story, and tears flowed--- An unforgetable story....

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't Go Wrong With a Horse Story, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Gunner: Hurricane Horse (True Horse Stories) (Paperback)
This is a fast easy read, not to mention a true story. We all knew of the destruction from Hurricane Katrina but never heard many of the stories about how it affected the animals. In this story the reader follows Gunner from the time he is brought to their home until he competes in a world championship. I grew up around horses and believe me, each has their own personality. I liked how she related the personality of Gunner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gunner: Hurricane Horse, January 31, 2012
I enjoyed this book. It's a quick read and it made me laugh, cry and appreciate the love shared between horses and humans. I would recommend this book highly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Written for a younger audience, May 6, 2014
The book is ok, but not as much detail as I'd like. I think it's written for a preteen, early teen audience. Gunner sounds like an incredible horse.

Gunner: Hurricane Horse (True Horse Stories)
Gunner: Hurricane Horse (True Horse Stories) by Judy Andrekson (Paperback - September 14, 2010)
$7.95 $7.28