Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on July 13, 2014
The shoulder-strap is not removable and the strap itself is very thin (overall, the leather is very thin and the zippers are hard to use). The hardware that is used to buckle the shoulder-strap is not high quality and would not "lock" to keep the strap connected. The end where the straps are bolted were cut uneven and frayed.
on March 3, 2015
The other reviews are correct about the smell. My fiance loves the bag! But we've been waiting for that smell to wear off for almost a full year now. You can still smell it faintly, but not as bad as when it first arrived. I hid it in the closet to surprise him with it a year ago, and he walked in the house saying, Ugh what is that smell!? Yeah, it's that strong. But it's a great looking bag.
on December 26, 2014
I really like this bag. I always have a hard time purchasing luggage and bags online, as I like to see what they really look like, and how big they actually are. This bag is exactly what I was looking for - it's big, but portable. I predominately use this bag as a gym bag, and it fits my gym shoes, towel, full change of office clothes, toiletries, etc, very nicely. It also works great as a long-weekend bag. The aesthetic is handmade rustic Bohemian traveler / Steampunk, which I really like. It has little discolorations in the leather from the vegetable polish, which I think adds to the world-traveler style charm.

The long strap does not detach from the bag. I actually had to punch more holes in the long strap, as I found it to be too long for me. The extra holes were easy to add with a sharp nail and hammer.

As others have noted, the bag does have an "earthy" smell at first. After about a week the smell dissipated as the leather absorbed the polish, and now I barely notice it. Also I never noticed the bag making my gym towel or work clothes smell, even at first.

Overall this bag was exactly what I was looking for, and am very happy with it. I'll order from Gusti Leder again if I need another leather bag.
on December 3, 2014
Terribly disappointed. I cannot believe the high ratings this bag received. Its very flimsy, raw edges, weak fasteners, smells terrible. Really, it looks and feels like something you would get at a flea market. I am no brand snob, but this thing is just plain shoddy! I returned it immediately.
on November 20, 2014
I LOVE this bag! It did come with a strong leather smell, but there's no problem with that. I'll use for the first time next week. Will update this review if it doesn't turn out to be as nice as I thought.
on October 27, 2014
The bag is great. It is a perfect size for a weekend bag. It does have a weird smell when you first open it but if you leave it out for a night the smell seems to go away. Otherwise I would purchase again as a gift.
on November 9, 2015
The bag has an extremely pungent odor. Emailed the company, but they did not respond. Looked up solutions on the internet. Febreeze worked somewhat, but I don't like to have the bag in the same room with me. Otherwise, construction of the bag is fine, and the zippers seem to be of acceptable quality.
on December 18, 2014
Awesomely cool bag, stylish and useful. I travel a bunch and I can fit 3-4 days of cloths, bundled right, into this bag. Would have given a 5 star but one of the zipper "pulls" broke away during the first trip. Not a big deal, to me, as I know how much airlines just love our luggage.
on April 28, 2014
Thank you! This bag is excellent! It is rather big and beautiful.
The only thing that disappoints me is its long strap :( it is too thin and narrow and has no wide soft pad.
on April 21, 2014
Looks great and is the perfect size for a weekend get away. I liked it so much I bought one for my girlfriend.

See 1 answered question