4.0 out of 5 stars Almost but not quite
Pros-
Perfect size for a weekend adventure. Color and shape are consistent with the images posted. The bag looks handsome and has an understated style.

Cons-
Published 5 months ago by thai

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap
only positive is that it looks good, cons are bag doesn't hold much, strap was broken upon arrival, overall not very happy with the purchase
Published 3 months ago by Bradley Norville

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost but not quite, March 25, 2014
This review is from: Gusti Genuine Vintage Leather Satchel Shoulder Bag Holdall Unisex R9 (Luggage)
Pros-

Cons-
The shoulder strap is of a much lower grade of material and craftsmanship from the bag itself. Will probably replace with something better. The buckles on the end pockets are not very sturdy. They have that tin stamped feel to them where the face looks solid but the back is hollowed out. For $140, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a higher grade buckles and shoulder strap.

If they address the buckle and shoulder strap issue, I would reccomend this bag without resevations.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap, May 8, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good weekend bag, May 5, 2014
The bag is a ideal for one-two nights, nice color and overall made well except for the buckles and straps on the end. They could definitely be made with a higher quality metal and strap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased with this Bag!, April 28, 2014
I love this bag. I used if for the first time last week while on vacation. It's sharp looking and the attention to details of the bag are impressive. (I ordered two other bags while on vacation!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Bag, April 19, 2014
This is the perfect not too big, not too small satchel. I am very pleased with the vintage look and quality of Gusti Leder's products. This bag and a small duffle are the perfect pair for a week long trip. Highly recommended, very cool and a decent price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wife Loves It...Wallet Did Too!, April 15, 2014
I bought this travel bag for my wife and she loves it. I liked the fact that I was able to get it for just under $160.00. The "vintage" leather has that perfect broken-in look and although brand new, appears to be well built enough to survive the baggage handler assault of the frequent flyer. We may be buying more for our daughters for Christmas, if the item wears well over the next several months. We would definitely look for Gusti products when in the market for leather luggage (or lady's hand bags) again. If the bag stands up well to travel abuse I will come back and provide an update.

Updated 7/24/14: As promised, the wife and I have taken several trips with this piece of luggage so updating to say that the bag has held up perfectly. I should have included the fact in the original review that as soon as we received the luggage we rubbed the entire bag down with mink oil in order to relax the leather and make it more supple, including the really dry shoulder strap. We let the bag sit for a couple of days for the oil to soak in well, then rubbed it down again with a chamois cloth to remove any excess from the surface. The result was a very supple, buttery smooth leather that maintained its "vintage" look but will not be as susceptible to snagging and tearing...it was really too dry out of the box. We will probably do this once a year or when we detect that the leather is drying out (the same process we follow with our leather western boots). The shoulder strap and buckle strap are made from pieced together or lower quality leather but the bag was under $160 so we made allowances for that in our rating.

Rate and Discover Movies