4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Follow-Up DVD
*** Firstly, please wait until receiving and using product to write reviews people!!! No one wants to read reviews based on your excitement at the possibility of getting product! Moving on...

Published 11 months ago by Lea Olive

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware there are better dvds
I have both the first and second dvd i LIKE not LOVE both dvds the workouts are "good" even though the count is off and the music sucks the transition from one segment to the next is off...the production and quality is bad i guess that's because the brother keeps producing the videos next time let someone do it I have seen better Youtube workout videos made from...
Published 2 months ago by lorraine

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Follow-Up DVD, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Gymnetics Fitness Presents Black Girls Workout 2 (DVD)

I ordered this DVD the first day it was released and with Prime shipping had it within two days. Didn't use this immediately as I have a gym schedule and use this on colder days I don't feel like leaving the house.

For many people who complained about the production and editing (which didn't bother me much) of the first video I think you'll be highly pleased. I like how the all white contrast helps focus on the women and technique without being too busy. My only complaint with the overall DVD was the pop in/out and parallel screen which I thought reminded me too much of cheap effects along with there being too many girls in some scenes which just made the spacing onscreen look cramped. Kudos to adding a menu screen so you can skip to whatever your preferred workout is instead of having to work it from the beginning. Overall, you can tell that Ellen and Lana definitely worked on complaints received from the other DVD and invested in themselves to create a better product.

As far as the actual workout is concerned, it's great for those looking to get in a moderate workout at home. I use a HRM and I burn a bit more calories with this DVD than the first. I will note that when approaching these DVDs you shouldn't be concerned with calorie burn but overall technique. These ladies are targeting prominent areas that most women want to work on and I'm sure as long as you perfect that technique you will see results!

For those wondering which DVD will be better for them I will say it all depends on your exercise level. I do think that this DVD will be SLIGHTLY more challenging than the first so if you're on that beginner level go for the first DVD, save some coins and get this one later. In my opinion it's a good follow up DVD for those women who like BGWT but would like a little variety in moves. As always either DVD can become more advanced by doing something as simple as increasing kettleball/dumbbell weight or wearing light ankle/hand weights. I have never used the meal plan and I'm honestly not a big fan of it, especially the soup. It's just logic that you'll lose weight quickly substituting meals with soup. I believe the best way is to simply eat clean 90% of the time regardless of whether you follow this plan or not. I successfully lost 20 lbs and gained lots of definition by eating healthy and doing the first DVD everyday. I was looking for more immediate results but I am certain that anyone can successfully lose or tone with this DVD. In retrospect this DVD is not expensive at all. Ellen and Lana aren't media/tv gurus that can afford to sell a DVD for only $10. Support independent Black women and most importantly INVEST in yourself! It's $30, but can potentially be your sole workout for a substantial period and is nothing compared to how much many spend on gyms or supplement programs. This is the real deal, real women, real results but you have to put in the work! Thank you to Ellen and Lana for another excellent product and good luck to the ladies out there!

4.0 out of 5 stars One thing that really bothered me about the reviews of this DVD is no one was really detailed., February 16, 2014
This review is from: Gymnetics Fitness Presents Black Girls Workout 2 (DVD)
So, I sucked it up, bought it and I hope this helps someone. When you first get the DVD, you can tell they put more into it, which is justifiably why the cost is more. The included booklet starts with a pledge you can sign committing yourself to the program and to help you remember you are worth it. Then, the Gymnetics rules are listed.
Avoid white carbs
Get comfortable being uncomfortable
Don’t diet..eat
Water, water, water
Don’t eat after 9
Red means stop (no red meats)
It will be worth it.

I can’t remember if the 1st DVD had these rules listed as such. When I looked in my BGWOT 1st dvd the little card that came with it was gone. I must have put it somewhere else. But if anyone remembers, comment on it. I do remember that card had the recipe for “the soup” and I also think for the chilli, but this book oddly enough doesn’t. I’m sure you can find it on their site, or google it, but I do think they should have had it in there. What I do like about the booklet is how detailed the meal plan is. The 1st dvd it was a little card, not very detailed…very general. Here its broken down into week 1 the cleansing stage which lasts 7 days 4-5 meals w/a light snack. It has specific times and specific food suggested for you to eat and specific meals….so you don’t have to struggle.

Weeks 2 consists of days 8-30. Each with specific meals. In this stage you introduce meat back into your diet. Here is a short example of a meal plan
BREAKFAST:
1 tblspoon natural PB, ¾ cup mandarin oranges(no added sugar, strain juice), ½ banana, 6 almonds
LUNCH: time 4-5 hrs after breakfast.
4 ounces tuna steak, ½ diced tomato, ¼ diced cumcuber, 2 cups spring blend lettuce, 2 tblspoons avocado, ½ slice yellow pepper, 2 cups fresh fruit.
SNACK: time 2-3 hrs after lunch
Any 100 cal fruit of choice
DINNER time 2-3 hrs after snack, at least 2 hrs b4 bed
1 lrge bowl veggie soup.

Everyday is like that, slightly different. Then in the end of the book it tells you what vegs and fruits are good to eat and good sources of carbs and protein.

Now, the DVD…
the opening is cool, we got slow motion, serious faces, abs, getting down to business music, smoke, but most importantly, THEY HAVE A MENU!, the 1st one didn’t. I didn’t always do it straight through; some days I just did specific stuff. Also they have a 8 chapters with 15 seconds in-between each. In the intro, they introduce the women in it, real life Gems and tell us their background…I liked that.

WARMUP-Ellen & Lana
Fairly simple, about 5 mins long. It will get your heart rate up

FAT POLICE-Ellen
About 7 mins long. You’re working on arms, theres some cardio in between each exercise. and use the kettle balls.

LEVELS- Lana
5 mins long. Squats of different variations, butt lifts. These are done on different levels, meaning you get low or you’re higher. You’re ass and thighs will die

GRINDING-Ellen
5 mins long. Upper body w/weights. I like it, you even get a little squatting here. Your arms will die, lol.

ROUND OF APPLAUSE-Lana
5 mins. Standing abs w/ some cardio. this chapter was cute and I like standing abs better then being on the floor personally. I do think her form was off on the oblique reaches. I believe she should have been upright, not bent over for a better range of motion and for it to be more effective.

TWERK-Ellen
5 mins. Cardio

GYM GROWN, NO SILICONE-Lana
10 mins, you need the time to get that booty, lol. Its lana by herself and you need a mat. This is high intensity, there is some pulsing. Your ass will die. Some of my fav moves are in this and some I’ve never seen.

COOL DOWN- Ellen & Lana
4 mins. Stretching, encouraging words…etc.

In all, it’s a good DVD. I would like to give it 4.5, but that doesn't exist. You will get results, like w/any DVD, if you do as they say. the reason it gets 4 is b/c while it is a far cry from the 1st one, there are some issues I have…the music is too loud; I don’t think they had mics on this DVD. I think they really should have gone to someone else for filming besides their family member. His editing is kind lame and can be distracting. Just my opinion, a workout DVD is not the place to show what you can do with editing. On the flip side, I like how Lana doesn’t stop during the exercises like she did in the first, she was doing it with you.

Its worth it to buy it. If you were to chose this over the 1st, I'de choose this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEACHBODY IS A MAJOR CORPORATION STOP COMPARING!!, July 31, 2014
This review is from: Gymnetics Fitness Presents Black Girls Workout 2 (DVD)
LISTEN, if you came here hoping for Beachbody styled editing and back drops. LEAVE NOW
If you came here expecting Jillian Michael styled workouts and a bunch of tubular shaped Caucasian women with tight abs, LEAVE NOW
And, if your leaving a comment without a verified purchase check next to your name, you shouldn't be commenting anyway because your lazy azz probably didn't even buy the dvd. I don't understand how people can suggest that these women choose someone else to shoot and edit their videos instead of keeping it in the family and making sure that their brother/son makes money as well as them. If your so interested in the way the video is produced then produce your own dayum dvd

That said, this is my second review, I purchased the first dvd as well as this one. I must say, when I started the first dvd I was motivated, I was ready and I was also going to the gym a few times a week. I lost about 14 pounds and then I just stopped. Started and stopped again a few times in between and then finally this time, 2 weeks ago I said eff it! Its TIME! I popped my dvd in and haven't stopped exercising since. Im down 5 pounds and my butt is starting to raise as well as look more rounded and firm. My oblique's are disappearing and so is my back fat!!! My starting weight was 198 and now im down to 193. If you are truly serious about changing your life and lifestyle, working out and being dedicated then this video and meal plan is for you. If you want to remain overweight, un-comfortable and insecure then continue to make excuses as to why this video hasn't worked for you when yet its worked for so many other women. Their IG page speaks volumes. 21 days and people have lost as much as 10-15 pounds. Its really up to you. Also, people who say the exercises are repetitive..umm..cant the same be said about most dvds?? When cardio bunnies go to the gym and ONLY use the treadmill for 2 hours is that not repetitive and yet effective for some?? okay then. You cant deny that this is EFFECTIVE, THAT IT WORKS AND GIVES RESULTS AND THAT IT HAS CHANGED PLENTY OF LIVES!

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a Workout!, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Gymnetics Fitness Presents Black Girls Workout 2 (DVD)
Today, was my first day doing it & I Loved it! I have the 1st DVD also and it's good But this one will get you Snatched! Thanks Ellen & Lana :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars This Video Works, April 3, 2014
This review is from: Gymnetics Fitness Presents Black Girls Workout 2 (DVD)
My Wife Loves The Black Girls Workout 2 video She works out 6 days a week with it and has lost 15lbs in the 4 weeks she has had it. I Love the Results Happy Wife Happy Life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Work it out!, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Gymnetics Fitness Presents Black Girls Workout 2 (DVD)
Ok, so I got this DVD yesterday (picked it up at the post office) and I could not wait to try it out! I must admit, I was very hesitant to buy it due to the price; I am a single working mother and can't splurge whenever I want, but I figured this is for my health and wellbeing, so why not? So I got home and popped it in. I am not doing the meal plan because I am doing a mixed lifestyle (I prefer not to call it a diet) consisting of Keto (low-carb/high-fat) and the Carb Nite Solution (carbs every 5th to 7th night), plus the 30 day squat challenge and upper body strength exercise during the week. I was really excited to do it since I follow the ladies on Instagram and see all the wonderful results. I got through the whole workout but I did stop for a few seconds many times just to catch my breath and sip water. The most difficult sections for me were the lower body and core exercises done by the daughter, Lana. OMG!!! These were crazy hard for me. However, the DVD is sooooooo much fun to do that before you know it, it is all over. I work out in front of a very big mirror so this adds to the fun. I see myself working out and I love to see the muscles " in action". I am aiming at doing this workout at LEAST 4 times per week. Yesterday, 2/18 was my first day doing this workout. I hope to update in a month on my progress. I am a 28 year old Hispanic female, 5'3" and 168.2 pounds. Overall, this workout is FUN. Which is why I can stick to it. I am also taking Vitamin D, fish oil, and CLA supplements, as well as waist training.

2/28/2014 Update:
Since getting this DVD last week (2/18) I have done the workout 6 times. This morning I weighed myself and went from 168.2 to 164.6 pounds with my diet (low carb, high fat). Looking forward to hitting at least 160 by the end of March! I bought 3 pairs of size 8 "goal jeans" that I want to fit in soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get "snatched" back for life, February 7, 2014
This review is from: Gymnetics Fitness Presents Black Girls Workout 2 (DVD)
I love this full body workout dvd... it really make u sweat hard and hit all those troublesome areas that we love to "hate"!

5.0 out of 5 stars work it!!!, January 20, 2014
This review is from: Gymnetics Fitness Presents Black Girls Workout 2 (DVD)
This DVD is the bomb. you sweat your self sexy!!! i lov this mother nad daughter duo. They make working out fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel!!!, December 22, 2013
This review is from: Gymnetics Fitness Presents Black Girls Workout 2 (DVD)
I absolutely love BGWT2 DVD!!! Excellent DVD. Vitamen Ellen and Lana did not disappoint with this installment. I broke into a sweat during the warm-up and didn't stop!!!! I wasn't able to complete each segment but that's to be expected in the begining.I'm sore all over but that too is to be expected. Excellent mix of cardio and strength training and focus on that booty!!! Standing abs was a great surprise(I hate doing abs on the floor!) I have the BGWT first DVD and I loved it as well. Much better than the first. I would definately recommend this DVD to every woman wanting to #SNATCHITBACK!!!! Best Christmas gift ever!!! Thanks Vitamen Ellen and Lanagem you did great!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it! but it will leave you sore!!, June 16, 2014
This review is from: Gymnetics Fitness Presents Black Girls Workout 2 (DVD)
This is the second DVD I have purchased from Gymnetics Fitness and I am pleased once again. I ordered Black Girls Workout Too two months ago and wanted t sweat a little more so I purchased the second DVD. I like this DVD because it helped me change my life style and the weight has been falling off ever since. The DVD is good to do before and after work. Its 40 minutes, but it goes by pretty quick. It could just be me, but Lana “Levels” squat workout is a beast! I would recommend fast-forwarding and doing that routine last because it will leave you sore. I didn’t have that problem with Black Girls Workout Too. I think they listened to all the negative comments about the last DVD and incorporated a lot of those things in this DVD; such as a warm up, a nice cool down, and the transitions and sound are better. I could have done without the white background, but I like how the workouts are all in 5 minute intervals scenes. It’s easy to skip back or skip a workout, or go to the menu and pick the workout you want to do first. I would recommend this DVD!

Gymnetics Fitness Presents Black Girls Workout 2