Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on June 13, 2011
So my 2.5 yr old son recieved a dark green rody horse as a christmas gift and we recently purchased gyffy to eliminate some fighting over said rody horse. They are both absolutely adorable and perfect for most children 18 months and up. I have several toddlers in my home daycare and it they are both consistantly used by all of the children at some point during the course of the day. Plus they don't take up a huge amount of space and deflate for easy storage when I am circulating toys. It is the perfect solution for the winter doldrums- bring rody and a slide out for gross motor development and mommy sanity.

Differences bet. Rody and Gyffy:
-Rody has more grippable ears which are easier for smaller children to grasp, this being said slightly older toddlers and preschoolers have no problem gripping gyffys ears as well
-Rody has a more masculine "paint job" and gyffy's is more feminine with eyelashes.
-Rody seems happier. Maybe it's the painted on smile or the painted glint in his big round eyes but he just seems happy. Gyffy's expression is content at most.
-Gyffy is very slightly larger.

I hope they add to the menagerie- I've love to get a cow or a sheep for the kidlets.
0Comment42 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2012
Wonderful toy except it has a very strong rubbery smell when taken out of the box. Give it time to off gas and it should not be a problem. There was also limited instructions on how to inflate it so take the blue plug all the way out, insert the white valve that is included with the toy (I used an electric air pump), remove the white valve when you are done inflating it and quickly insert the blue plug back in.
on January 3, 2013
I wanted the Racin Rody but the price went from $39 on Friday by Saturday it sky rocketed to double the price I checked the price today and he is much reasonable today.... Anyways because of the higher cost I decided to get Gyffy! Things happen for a reason... My little guy loves Gyffy he's bounces all over the house with this toy. He gets to play and work out at the same time! It especially great because its too cold to go outside to play so Gyffy makes a great indoor toy.
Gyffy is made of high quality so don't think we are crazy for spending $40 on a bouncing toy! It's a great purchase for the simple fact that the child can play indoor and work out! You will love Gyffy
review image review image
on September 27, 2011
Bought it for my three year old. I had a similar toy when i was young and remembered having a lot of fun with.
Cute design, my daughter loved it at first... But the thing doesn't bounce well.

I understand there are legal and safety issues, but if you make a toy that you bounce with... it should bounce.

I'm giving it a three star. I think that's fair.
on June 27, 2011
For the first week our sons loved this toy. However they pretty much ignore it at this point. Quality of the toy is great. Possibly as they get older they'll have more of an interest.
on May 4, 2012
A local indoor play center had this toy and my kids flocked to it every time we went to play. So, we decided to purchase one for a birthday and my kids love it. I have three boys ages 1-5 and they all enjoy bouncing each other and rolling around on it. It definitely isn't something that they play with constantly, but it creates activity and helps with the wiggles! My 1 year old is even able to get himself on and off the toy and enjoys the bouncing aspect of it. Durability wise, this toy is great! I knew if it was at a play center where hundreds of kids were pounding on it, it must have some staying power and it definitely does. The product has to be inflated, so it comes in a very small package and one comment I would make is it has a little bit of a funny odor (new rubber) when it is first inflated, but it wears off over time. I have hard wood floors, so there is a little danger of hitting heads when bouncing around, but I would let that deter you from purchasing this item. Great indoor toy and lots of fun for all my preschoolers!!
on December 31, 2012
I have a two year old and a four year old that both love this giraffe. It is very durable and too cute!! My two year old sits on it like a chair to watch a cartoon and my four year old bounces all over the house! I read other reviews that said it had a strong plastic smell when others opened the packaging. I did not have that experience. It actually smells oddly like chocolate even after being out of the package for a week and my husband and I can't figure out why!
on October 5, 2013
These toys are wonderful for inside and outside. Only dislike is the smell can be powerful for the first few days. Better to leave it out in the open to let the rubber smell dissipate. It can be hard to blow up if you aren't fast enough at replacing plug after removing pump. My two and four year old each have one now and they have tons of fun bouncing around our house.
on December 16, 2012
Design/ Adorableness I give this a 5 star review.
I got it for my 2 y.o. daughter. She loves it - carries it around, wants to sleep with it, feeds it. But when she rides it she topples over the front every time. Just right on her face. So this toy went away before she breaks her head on the coffee table or the fireplace.
on January 25, 2012
This item did NOT smell as some posted reviews claim. My 30lb son enjoys it very much, hopped right on & started bouncing. He even bounces it on its side, uses it for a chair to watch tv. AWESOME TOY