Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Super Mario Galaxy forum

H-E-L-P !!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2010 1:57:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 26, 2010 2:05:11 AM PST
B says:
[Sorry, I clicked the post button before I finished the title, HELP was not suposed to be the title. I'd change it to something appropriate but I can't edit it. Can Amazon do that for me, to something like "Wii Granny needs Player 2 games, Mario Galaxy style games."]

Does anyone know of Wii games for seniors, seniors in a simple Player 2 role like Mario Galaxy 1 and 2? Also, pointing to collect something like star bits would be a big plus for Granny.

I play the Wii with a 70 year old who LOVES to play the player 2 of Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. "New Mario Bros." game is too hard for her. I can't find games that offer a second player an easy and fun experience like Galaxy. She can collect bits and coins and if she feels active shake the remote to bust enemies. She loves Galaxy so much, and collecting star bits and carrying coins for me playing Mario I think she's completely spoiled, lol, HURRY with another Galaxy PLEASE!!! :)

We love Mario Galaxy!!!

Please posts ideas for me on simple 2nd player games. Even other consoles(I only have the Wii right now but I'd buy her a Sega or XBOX for Christmas if I can find good games for her). I like the Wiimotes so I can't wait to see the new games for "Wii type" remotes soon on other consoles.

We have the new game Donkey Kong Returns but it doesn't offer her much to do except shoot the peanut popper, which is still fun for her though. She enjoys just watching me play the game but I want her to have an active role so she can have fun playing like in Mario Galaxy.

Thanks a million laughs, from Granny and me.

[Seriously, sorry for the stupid title mistake.]
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Galaxy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2010 2:39:55 PM PST
PJ Evans says:
My mom just turned 80 and she has played MarioKart with my 6 year old son. It took her a few trys to get the swing of it and to learn some on the strategies. The first time she tried, she was oversteering, but she had never even held onto a controller. The game is easy to play (my son started at age 4), but challenging and a blast for my husband and I. We even got 4 controllers to play at once and the steering wheel accessories are a great addition. Have fun and go getum Grannie!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2010 5:58:38 PM PST
B says:
Thanks Penny! I'll try it. It's so great your mom can play Wii with her grandson. What a wonderful memory for him. The Wii gives seniors a chance to share their time with us in a way we never imagined before. We see a fun side to them that's totally different from other things we do in life.

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 9:00:10 AM PST
B says:
More ideas please, anyone else?

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 2:13:15 PM PDT
Did you know that there is a Mario Galaxy 2? Co-op is similiar, most differences involve additions like 2P being able to grab coins and some item mushrooms as well. It may be a little harder for P1, but it's easier for P2.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Super Mario Galaxy forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 2, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.6 out of 5 stars (809)