nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more

on March 1, 2013
does what it is intended to do -
easy mounting, good mounting materials & instructions provided.

Nice contribution to reducing desktop & cable clutter.

Note - it is possible to run the power & ethernet cables up under the mounting, between mounting & wall, to help keep these organized; there are 2 vertical plastic rails on back, before tightening up the mounting screws, thread the cables up & then finish mounting.
on February 26, 2013
This is my second H-Squared mount, I had one for a Time Capsule that left us too soon.

The mount is great, very well designed, sturdy, works great with the Airport Extreme.

Check to see what size your VESA mount pattern is. The VESA on my 40" Samsung was larger than the H-Squared and I had to make an adaptor to fit. Easier to do that than to build a whole adaptor for the Airport.
on July 29, 2013
A good looking product that is well made and thought out. I've mounted mine within a few feet of the ceiling (about 10 feet up) and it has improved performance. The only drawback is that mounting high on a wall creates a need to hide the cables on the wall, so a type of decorative conduit is needed. I only use the wifi function, so only the power and one ethernet cable are needed for my situation.
on March 27, 2011
The unit that holds the Airport fits & works perfectly. However, the unit which holds the power adapter does not fit--the holes do not line up. I did contact the manufacturer and they responded right away. I'm currently awaiting a replacement. **Received the replacement and it fits perfectly! Just must have been a production error, but the company did take care of the issue. Thanks!
on October 19, 2014
My power block mount was broken when I finally installed it. It's been almost a year since purchased this, so my return policy is way over. But the power block holder was broke on arrival and I did not know until after yesterday.

The mount for the airport was nice and I was able to hang my AirPort Extreme higher to get better signal to the house. I would suggest to anyone.
on February 4, 2013
For such a simple design it is a must have to pair with the Airport Extreme. I was able to hang it high vertically on the wall in our hallway with ease. Because of this it is not sitting on a desk taking up space and is virtually hidden from view unless you look up when going down the hallway. Good sturdy product and the holder for the power brick is also a nice addition.
on June 9, 2013
Does what it needs to. Tight fit. Feels overpriced. Doesn't include the HORIZONTAL mount... which was more desirable even though the extreme has a spherical-field shape.

I mounted this up HIGH in a residential HVAC closet. Thoughtful wire routing but...again, could be cheaper. (recall that older Base Stations had wall mounts)
on January 28, 2013
Use this to place it correctly. It is a must if you have your Airport is on top of a pile of books or duct taped to the ceiling. Very sturdy and has a beautiful click when you slot your Airport into it. I Also bought the equally as sturdy!
on June 12, 2013
Awesome product. Holds the router very securely (which I was taking on faith, because the product literature doesn't make it clear how this works). This kind of plastic is always expensive, but it looks great and performs flawlessly. Installation is very simple.
on October 2, 2010
This product ships in very sturdy packaging, includes 4 fasteners, detailed instructions, and even a holder for the external power supply. All in all, it makes mounting an extreme base station securely a fairly simple affair. The many holes in the main mount allow you to attach it to either standardized hole patterns or drill & mount your own. Clearly, the folk who designed the thing went out of their way to offer as many pre-drilled holes as one might think are necessary.

I have few complaints about this unit other than it would have been nice to have 6 fasteners per box (four for the mount, two for the power supply) and a different material might be a better choice. Specifically, the mounts are made of clear acrylic or polycarbonate. The trouble with the material on hand is that it is possible to overdrive a screw and then split the underlying plastic mount quite easily. So don't overdrive screws, especially on the power supply mount (the other one has more give). In my opinion, a slightly less sexy material like glass-filled polycarbonate or acrylic would have made a better choice, making the thing less brittle. But it would not look as nice, and I suppose some people mount the extreme ABS in a exposed location, so looks matter to that customer population.

All that said, I still think this is a terrific mounting system, though, like others, I feel it is overpriced. But, with nary a competitor in this market segment, why should I be surprised that the mount would be value-priced?

See 1 answered question