5.0 out of 5 stars Improved my routers range.
Published on May 10, 2012 by Sherwood C. Larkin

3.0 out of 5 stars KIND of works, but not as well as hoped
I bought this adapter to go with the Air Mount TC so I could mount my Time Capsule horizontally rather than vertically on the wall.

Published on February 14, 2012 by ZTT Fan

3.0 out of 5 stars KIND of works, but not as well as hoped, February 14, 2012
ZTT Fan (Louisville, Colorado) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: H-Squared Horizontal Adapter for Air Mount and Air Mount TC (0540-AMHA) (Personal Computers)

Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well as one would hope, the biggest problem being it's not quite long enough to give the power cord a natural way for the cord to hang behind the Time Capsule when it's installed. Instead it's a VERY tight fit, with the end result that to get the power connector plugged in you actually have to bend the plug at the strain relief - not horrible but not very good for the cord, either.

Another problem is the horizontal portion isn't all that sturdy, with the result that when the TC is mounted on the arm, the arm actually tilts down at about a five degree angle with the nose of the TC lower than the rear as the arm just isn't all that strong. There's no fear it will break, but it could easily have been fixed with a reinforcing rib of plastic along the bottom of the support arm.

Finally, a drilling/mounting template and instructions are included with the Air Mount TC but NO documentation whatsoever comes with the horizontal adapter, requiring you to more or less intuit then freehand its installation. Not a problem by any means, but a bit disappointing.

Note also that despite the title of this item, this item DOES NOT INCLUDE the Air Mount TC itself, which is a separate purchase:

H-Squared Air Mount TC

5.0 out of 5 stars Improved my routers range., May 10, 2012
I decided to mount my Air Mount for AirPort Extreme Router Horizontally. I mounted it on the wall approximately six feet up. That way the signal transmission does not get blocked by a ceiling fan and lights and is clear of obstacles on the desk. I have a Apple TV in the bedroom and reception is excellent. Reports and reviews that I have read mention that location or direction (flat on wall, ceiling, etc.) don't matter as the signal can penetrate walls, etc., but without claiming any scientific proof based on measurements with instruments, I feel better wiht the AirPort Extreme in the clear. It certainly can't hurt.

5.0 out of 5 stars See my review for the H-Squared AIRMOUNT-S Air Mount for Airport Extreme to which this attaches, July 29, 2013
Jeffrey Meyerson (Coral Springs, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This product attaches to theH-Squared AIRMOUNT-S Air Mount for Airport Extreme. See my review for that product that I recently reviewed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced acrylic bracket..., June 9, 2013
Apple used to have a bracket included with older Airport Base stations. Then the Extreme models came out. No bracket.
This fills the gap, but to mount HORIZONTALLY, you need the adaptor (separate). And assembly is fast but I was afraid to tighten it too much or crack it. Seems I would get loose on install. The extreme slid in with effort. Looks nice and the little mount for the AC adaptor is nice touch. Still, should be a $20 bracket kit... oh well, did what I needed it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, March 11, 2013
see my review for the H-Squared AIRMOUNT-S Air Mount for Airport Extreme

I used them together. This worked perfectly as described and expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding from my wall, February 26, 2013
The Air Mount works well with my Airport transmitter. It goes without saying that this adapter provides a suitable platform. It is well worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you use an Airport, January 28, 2013
Use this to place it correctly. It is a must if you have your Airport is on top of a pile of books or duct taped to the ceiling. Very sturdy and has a beautiful click when you slot your Airport into it. You have to buy the the http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R9PXE2/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_img_sol_1 if you intend to use this, its equally as sturdy!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, January 14, 2013
Rashond Edwards (TRAVIS AFB, CA, US) - See all my reviews
looks flimsy but its really sturdy
great product keep you mac mini right in place if its used with a projector

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but the material, December 20, 2012
Scott (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
Like the concept.
When use with the tc mount the wiring is strained.
There isn't a lot of room between the wall and tc.
Item was bumped and shattered. Luckily the LAN cables prevented the tc from becoming a victim of gravity.

5.0 out of 5 stars would buy again, December 29, 2014
Chad Franics (PENNSYLVANIA FURNACE, PA, US) - See all my reviews
Product and shipping was great.