Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 3, 2011
This diffuser is small and lightweight but powerful. It only takes a few drops of essential oil and bottled water and it last the whole night. I love the fact that it has 3 different settings for diffuser output and 5 different settings for lights. It also has 5 different settings for automatic off/on. For bedtime, I choose the setting where it alternates off/on every couple of hours. I am extremely pleased with this diffuser and am thinking of getting one for work.
33 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2012
This diffuser worked well for a couple of weeks and suddenly stopped working. The lights were still working, but the machine was no longer diffusing. After calling the manufacturer, I was told most likely that it was my error for getting the front panel wet somehow. I know this is not the case as I was very careful about the water and I certainly did not fill the diffuser at the tap (I used distilled water very carefully poured from a bottle). In any case, this diffuser requires the use of water so I question a design that so easily gets damaged from any kind of water by the front button panel. The manufacturer will apparently open it up (after I ship at my own cost) and determine what the damage is and let me know how much it will cost me to replace the part affected. The rep on the phone was quite condescending to me and stated that they've sold "x" number of machines without any issue therefore it must be my error. I strongly encourage you to find a different diffuser regardless of the positive reviews on here. In the off chance that you receive a defective diffuser, you will find no sympathy or recourse with the manufacturer.
1111 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2013
Easy, breezy way to dispense your essential oils. Because it doesn't use heat you don't have the mess nor the worry of overheating or burning the oils. There are so many variables with settings and the like I can't see why some complain about how it disperses the products used. It does a wonderful job!

Some users complain of not being able to smell the oils they use in this diffuser. That might be due to the type of oil, the intensity of what they're used to, the size of their rooms or their house size overall, the oils they purchased, or their own body chemistry. Unfortunately some people are incapable of smelling certain fragrances due to genetics, olfactory issues, household cleaner residue or neurolgical problems. I'm a physician so I'm well aware of how these factors can influence scents and smell. Then again, some just prefer the intense smell that lamp-rings or candle-type diffusers produce. I get that. And although I love intense good smells I don't like the hassle of dealing with those types of dispensers.

Hopefully I won't have the issues that some users have described, (clogged, stopped working for no apparent reason, et al). Since receiving it (along with its less expensive version, the Hubmar) I have used them extensively non-stop with a variety of essential oils. Not one single issue has arose, none!

But, I follow instructions well. I faithfully use distilled water, in between several uses I faithfully and carefully clean the interior with alcohol using a soft tissue and I don't overfill. And most importantly, I don't go over 15 drops. If I can't smell it the way it was intended, I switch to a different oil or brand of oil. Nuff said.

If one of these gives me untoward trouble or bites the bullet in an untimely manner I shall update or repost

So, we'll see. ;)

UPDATE - January 14, 2014

Both units are still going strong. Not one single issue with either. I think they've survived daily use primarily because I ONLY use distilled water and I've followed the cleaning instructions without fail. My only complaint would have to be with certain essential oils being of poor quality and contributing to offensive odors, in some cases not strong enough and in others a gunky mess. But I can't place blame on the unit's performance for poorly processed oils. All that said, they work as described.
on April 30, 2012
not as pretty as i had wished, but after researching diffusers this had the best reviews. Easy to use, works like a dream - i move it round from room to room for my kids at night, then when i go to bed i have it! Goes all night long if you want and doesn't get hot (the plug gets warm) - smell keeps strong all night. quiet - 4 steady light settings or one multi-colored which the kids like, you can even have no lights which i use. as soon as you plug it in it diffuses. i usually just diffuse tea tree oil or lavender, but when we have colds i pour in 8 drops of eucalyptus and am convinced it halves the illness time.
we have a whole house water filter, so i use water straight from the tap. I think as long as you empty it every morning, wipe it and air it it will last a long time.
2 years later it is still going! I use it daily over Winter - it did stop working early Winter when my toddler tipped it over - I waited 2 days, thoroughly dried and aired it - tried again and it's been working well ever since. It is in my top 10 things of what I couldn't do without!!
on May 16, 2013
As a full-time caregiver for my elderly grandfather, I have dedicated myself to making his life as happy and healthy as possible. I discovered that some essential oils seem to have a very positive effect on him, so I've invested time in researching what works for his particular situation. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy: Over 600 Natural, Non-Toxic and Fragrant Recipes to Create Health - Beauty - a Safe Home Environment has been a great help in this regard.

At first, I bought a small diffuser that used heat and pads that you changed out periodically, but I realized that the EOs were being affected by the heat. Also, spending money on the pads was not cost effective. I looked into other ways to disperse the EOs into the air, and tried a couple of things, including plug-ins (again, heat) for individual blends; small pottery pieces that diffuse a drop or two; candles with a diffuser (not good with an elderly person); and so on.

I was initially put off by the cost of the Ultrasonic Diffuser, but after reading up on various methods and waiting a few months, I decided to go for it and purchase this unit for my grandfather. I am so glad I did. We've had it running every night and many days since I purchased it five months ago, and it has been wonderful! It diffuses the EOs in a pure and clean way, allowing their scents to disperse freely around the room. They are not distorted, burned, or wasted. I *always* use distilled water, as per instructions, so I have no mineral build-up in the unit. Do yourself a favor, use distilled water. Don't bother buying a great diffuser like this and then ruining it with tap water!

The humidifying aspect of this unit has been a boon, too, particularly when we went through a late-winter cold; I found that some eucalyptus and niaouli oil at the highest setting allowed my grandfather to breathe freely at night. Particularly for elderly people who may not be able to take many standard cough medicines, EOs can be a wonderful alternative.

We have gotten so much use from this little machine. My grandfather gets a kick out of the way it looks, too; he calls it "the hamster spaceship" and we have fun choosing which light setting to select.

In short, if you want a high quality diffuser, this is a good option. Just don't ruin it by using tap water or inferior oils. (The unit came with some very nice niaouli oil that worked well; I purchase all of my EOs from Mountain Rose Herbs and couldn't be happier with the quality and strength of their products.)
on November 8, 2011
This is a great little diffuser that's easy to set up and use. It has plenty of settings that will keep it working for days at a time, just keep adding a drop or two of oil every other day. You can also have mood lighting as it comes with 3 or 4 different settings. This unit is barely noticeable without the lights on and I almost forget that it's here except for the subtle fragrance in the air. I don't think you can go wrong buying the H2EO Ultrasonic Diffuser.
on November 2, 2011
Super quiet! Turns itself off when the water level gets too low. Lights are fun, or you can turn them completely off. Highly recommend!
on September 19, 2012
I have owned two of these diffusers. The first stopped working after about 8 months. I got a second one which worked ok for about 6 months then stopped working. Its a great product in the short term but does not last and is not worth the money!
on February 9, 2013
The Good: This device defused aromatic oils nicely and silently. It was used 2-3 times per week.
The Bad: 4 weeks have passed and the device no longer works (will not diffuse oil). The LEDs still light up however (lol).

The Ugly: tbd

I'm hoping the manufacture warranty will replace the unit since it comes with a 12 month warranty. Hopefully its an easy and painless process. I will update to all as I learn more.

Follow up: manufacture warranty worked. Even so - it rubbed me the wrong way to have to pay shipping given the situation.
on June 1, 2012
This is a really nice diffuser! I am very happy with it and it functions as advertized and seems sturdy. It is marvelously easy to set up and use - even with all the different operating modes from which to chose. I put some frankincense and myrrh in YESTERDAY and it is still fuming away and smelling great without additional water or oils! (I have it set on spritzing out every 15 seconds with a 50 second rest between.) That is one if the wonderful things about this unit - it has 5 different options of intermittent operation as well as just plain old on and off which have 3 settings high, medium and low. So there are a lot of choices and I haven't even mentioned the options of colored lights! Another wonderful thing is that you can really just set it up then ignore it. The only negative I can think of is that it is (to my eye) ugly. Functional but ugly. With the lights on, it looks like a spaceship. Fortunately, you can turn off all the lights (including the button lights) which is absolutely wonderful if you are using it in a bedroom as I am. If you want something functional and sturdy - this is your diffuser. If you want a piece of art and a diffuser, maybe try a different style.