Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Price:$35.50 - $37.99+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on September 17, 2013
First of all, the vest looks great. I'm an older guy, and it goes very well with a tie and jacket. It doesn't look like I'm trying re-live my 20s.

Now to the sizing: I'm 5'11" and weigh 160 lbs. I don't have six-pack abs, but I don't really have a paunch either. The tape measure says my hips and "paunch area" both measure about 36", but I wear a 32-33" waist in U.S. pants (go figure). I wear a 41 regular in suit jackets (when I can find them).

Normally, I would wear a M in a vest, since it should fit more snugly than, say, a jacket. I bought the Asian L / U.S. M size, and it's a perfect fit. The adjustable strap in the back gives me a fair amount of leeway in both directions.

I'm really very happy with this.
55 comments31 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2015
I am 5'8" and about 175lbs. So I am not an overly "large" guy, but I'm not 175lbs. of raw muscle and I don't have a flat stomach. My jeans size is 34wX32l. I wanted this vest for me and my groomsmen for my wedding so obviously it is a garment that has to contribute to your looking your best. I was concerned because I read the reviews and honestly, they're all over the place. Some say it fits perfect, others say it is too small. Some say it is very cheaply made, others say it is decent quality. Here's my feed back... I contributed the inconsistent feedback to the garment being foreign made and 1st figured that perhaps many are being tagged incorrectly (in regard to size) and/ or that the quality control on size was hit or miss. My future mother-in-law purchased the first vest. She followed the chart and bought the vest comparable to a US XL since I generally wear between a L or XL depending on how the garment is "cut". I usually fall to a large but sometimes a XL and since these were likely to small to the smaller size she went with the XL. It came in and I looked it over. I felt the quality was decent. I do not expent this to be an item that can be thrown in the washer for 100 washes, so I gave it a 4 star. I haven't even looked at the tag to know if it is even machine washable. However, I did not think it looked "cheap" and it did not "feel" cheap. The primary buttons are plastic - as are most buttons on most every garment. The chain IS INDEED METAL but it meant to be a cosmetic accent, so I do not anticipate the metal chain to wear like an extremely sturdy piece of stainless or higher quality metal. It's a "designer" style piece of clothing, not work clothes, and is at an approximate $40 price range... what do you rightfully expect the metal to be like?! So, all that said, she ordered the "brown" and low and behold, my wife changed the colors and we needed to ultimately go with the black vest. I offer this because we had a vest and then I reordered the same vest in a different color, and I also purchased ALL the vests for the groomsmen (an additional 4 vests) so we've ordered a total of 6 vests in all. The sizes ARE consistent. I found that all the vests fit as they are marked. The US XL she purchased for me was TOO big. Not huge, but didn't fit quite right, it was a little too roomy. In the 2nd order where I purchased the batch in black, I ordered myself the US L (large) and found it to be perfect. It is a slightly form fitting piece so I feel it around my softer areas (belly) but it doesn't look like 10lbs of potatoes in a 5 lbs bag, which is good. All this said, if you are just barely an XL guy, I'd recommend the US L+ size, and if you are clearly in all articles of clothing a US XL man, go with the US XL... a XXL guy is going to need to forget this garment all together. As far as the smaller sizes, I'd expect your normal US size to follow suit. If you're a US M, buy a US M. The sizes, in all instances I encountered across 2 orders, seem to be true to the US listed sizes. As I have my guys test fit their vest, I'll report back on the results if I remember... I'm getting married, so there may be a lag in things like this that call on my attention. I purchased a M, L, L+, and an XL (as in US sizes). Hope this helps clear things up for the non-6 pack dudes that have looked at this and the other reviews raised more questions than answers. Enjoy it. I'd order it again, and so far, every one who has seen it (male and female) whether online via one of the images, or in person, have complimented the look and style of this. It does indeed seem to be a real crowd pleaser.
11 comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2014
Finally, a vendor who has correctly compared Asian and US sizes. These vests fit properly and look great. I've had several compliments from the ladies. I'm a US XL. To correct another reviewer, the pockets are real, functional pockets. Only the 3rd/chest pocket is faux. Also, the chain really is metal, not plastic. It's similar to the frosed chain found in hardware stores that seems soft. Also to correct, this is a casual vest and made of appropriate fabrics. It was never intended to be passed off as a $200 suit vest. Guys, add this to your wardrobe over a button down and jeans and you won't regret it.
on September 2, 2013
I loved the style of this vest. I'm a normal sized guy, but not muscly or super toned, a small gut. I read the other reviews on this vest and decided it would work with some extra room ( I don't like tight clothes) if I got the XXL as that would fit perfectly for me based on the size guide. The Vest was much smaller than I expected it to be based on the size guide. It fit's but it a bit tight in the stomach area. If you're not super fit, then this is going to be tight in the stomach area. So just expect that if you buy it. Also, the pockets are all fake pockets.Other than that it's a great vest.
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2013
My son looks fabulous in this vest if you don't look too close. The materials are severely sub standard, the buttons and chain are plastic, the fabric feels like plastic. I read the sizing recommendations so I got the the right size to fit him, but my super skinny son wears an XL in this product, he is normally a small/medium. Would not recommend this product for an average American male.
on December 28, 2015
I ordered a 2XL based on the measurement specs provided. It arrived today and is way to big. The material used on the outer portion looks extremely cheap. It isn't tapered to bring it in at the waist at all. It actually bellows out. The shoulder sections also go out further thatn what the picture suggests meaning that they literally fall at the edge of my shoulder. It looks like I am wearing a smock and not a fancy vest. I now have to pay extra money to have someone tailor it to a somewhat presentable look. worst buy ever.OH, and the "navy" color isn't even navy....it is dark blue. I ordered navy because it fit the color theme of my work.
review image
on July 23, 2013
I'm 6 foot 4 and weigh 200 pounds, so I'm pretty lean. The XL vest fits great and is very stylish.
11 comment8 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2014
We ordered this to be a versatile piece; it was to arrive Dec 31st and be part of a New Year's Eve ensemble for a costumed ball (theme, Bootleggers, for those who like that kind of detail!) but alas, it did not arrive. We improvised.
But we did plan to use it for day to day wear, and we ordered two different sizes, based on others' reviews that the piece ran small.
Yes, it certainly DOES run small. My man is trim and lean muscled, but this did not come near to fitting him.
His chest size is 42, waist size 35, and this thing was too skimpy for him.
In addition, it was so poorly made that the buttonhole stitching began to unravel upon the first unbuttoning.
It looks nice in the picture, but it is a knockoff piece, not worth your consideration, in my opinion, unless you are a very slim person who only wants to wear it a few times, in dimly lit places, and no one will be looking too closely at it.
A pity, because it does appear stylish.
Not recommended.
on December 11, 2014
First of all, quality is top notch.
This is a well made garment, but sizing is really off!
The result is - I offer 3 stars.
I have a small frame and have a 30" waist. I ordered US Medium to be safe. It was so small I couldn't button it. For a garment that is "designed" to be worn over a shirt and tie, sizing is important and for this garment it is simply incorrect. This US Medium is a small or child size in reality. I did return and reorder the next size up and it fits perfectly!
Now, due to a proper fit, I will go ahead and update my rating and offer 4 stars.
Lesson, if you typically wear a small or medium, their version of "large" might be the better fit for you...

PS - when I left seller feedback about this - they rejected it. Literally...
It came back to me saying it had been rejected!
Hence, 4 stars and not 5... Apparently if comments are not good, they simply reject them.....
on December 22, 2014
I just got the vest today so this review will just address how well it fits.
First my stats: 5'8, 160lbs, 40inch chest. The vest fits almost perfect! I say almost because nothing off the rack is going to fit as if it were tailored heh, but again it's just about perfect. Plus it has a good length and the black part of the vest reached to my exact waist. Again it's almost perfect. Also because I have a huge chest the material on most vests tend to flair out, but not this vest, the material hugs and lays flat my chest.

I ordered a U.S. Large (asian XL). I usually wear a medium tshirt. And I wear a small dress or button down, shirt.

Oh, and I did order an H2H shirt a few months back, it was a U.S. M (asain L) and it was too tight in the chest and in the waist. Just saying for reference.

Anyhow, enjoy!