Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: H2O Audio IEN2-BK Surge Sportwrap Waterproof In-Ear Headphones (Black/Blue)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on April 6, 2011
I have used these waterproof earphones for three weeks for 5 out of 7 days per week while I swim for exercise and love them. They work perfectly with my H2O waterproof Ipod armband. They come with several earbuds and I found the best ones for me on the first try. I swim laps and found that they stay in with no problems and the sound is great for underwater!! Only improvement might be to have the attachment cord slightly shorter...but I love them. No complaints....if you love music and swimming these are great!
55 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2011
I'm hard on headphones and tend to get through them pretty quick. I bought these for running - I sweat a lot, and find that regular headphones breakdown and die on me, so I need water resistant or water proof headsets if I want to get any life out of them. I figured that headphones designed for swimmers would do the job, right?

I have problems with these though.

The ear peaces - it comes with 5 different sizes, thats awesome, except that the L size fits my left ear with no problem at all, the L on my right ear lets in sweat, which blocks the noise, and I end up with only one ear piece working. The XL size is too big and uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. H2O do sell a pack with 9 different tip styles, but I'm not paying additional money, for just shy of a dozen new ear bud tips, when I only need it to fit one ear.

Secondly, the cable. It runs straight down your back, and is coiled. At 6' tall, this means I can't put my iphone anywhere but in a SPIBelt pouch, right at the center of my back. I usually wear it at the front, where I can mess with the controls mid run, but not when I'm using these. The cable is almost too short, and does have tension in it, even when I wear the iPhone at the back. This means these headphones can *only* be used with the iPhone in this position, and I can't wear them at the gym, or walking my dogs or really for any other purpose than running.

When these die, I won't be replacin them with the same model.
on November 28, 2012
I love these headphones when they work, but I have had three pairs now and they all broke in the exact same way. First pair lasted almost a year with heavy use, the second six months with moderate use, the last I've had four months and hardly used them at all. Each time, the left earpiece goes dead. Because of the fact that they consistently die the same way, on the same side, I'd have to imagine they are aware of a design flaw that they aren't fixing.
on September 1, 2013
If you swim a lot, like I do, don't expect these to last. I've been using these for three years and probable on my fourth pair. The first thing to go is the left or right bud. After that they go downhill fast. I don't care about swim quality, I just want some nice music when I'm spending hours staring at a blue line in a pool. These are still the best I've found but I have no long-term expectations from them.
on January 17, 2013
These lasted about five months before they started slipping around, not keeping their seal. No seal = no bass = I can hear the gym's awful dance beats.

I don't want to risk damaging my hearing so I don't play my music LOUD, but I do want to be able to hear it over the external din of the gym... boy do I sound old! :-S These headphones did a GREAT job at first, and then whatever their magic is just stopped working.

I think I'll try another brand and hope they last a little longer. At least if the worst comes to the worst, I can estimate five months for $30 and get another pair of these.

Clarification: I used these three to four times a week, for less than an hour, doing general cardio and weights work. No swimming.

Cheers.
on May 27, 2013
I swim 2-3 miles per day. These head phones at first were fantastic....great sound and comfort. After only having them for a few weeks one side has completely quit working and the music only comes through on one side. I tried them on other devices and had the same result. So if your looking for some sweat proof earphones these would work for you but I wouldn't suggest putting them in a pool for any extended period of time.
on June 26, 2014
Like other reviewers have stated. These just don't last.

I don't even use them in the pool. I use to jog and on my bike. For that they are awesome!

Great design, stay in place, ear buds block wind and noise and the curled cord....AWESOME. This should be manditory on all headphones. NO TANGLING!!!!!

But.....yes, after several months, one of the earbuds will just stop working.
I'm on my second pair. I like them that much. But if I don't get at least a year out of these I may be done forever.

I bought my first pair at REI b/c of their great return policy. But now that they have changed it, you can't return even if the product craps out for no reason. Given REI's higher prices, I won't be going there ever again.

Compare to Amazon and look for a discounted pair. Worth 35 bucks for sure.
on February 16, 2012
I love these headphones, trully love them. THE ONLY issue I had was they wouldn't stay on my head. I figured out how to fix that, I put the top of the ear loop under my goggle strap and never had the issue again. Sound quality is great, and once you find the right ear plug for your ears, the sound quality doesn't change. It actually sounds better underwater. More of a bass without cranking it up, and more crisp.
on January 6, 2012
This is the third set of headphones (as well as the third model)that has crapped out on me in less than a year. If your company is unable to do something right than QUIT doing it!!!!
on August 24, 2015
These are terrible ear buds. The curved ear parts pinches and rubs the side of my head. The buds don't like to stay in place. The quality of sound is majorly lacking. The sound quality is not as good as ear buds you can buy at the Dollar Store. They have a a high tinny sound.