4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Bissell Steam and Sweep
Had purchased a Bissell Steam & Sweep Hard Floor Cleaner, 46B4 from a local Sears store, but after reading reviews of how the Haan would disinfect in one second rather than 15 seconds we returned the Bissell to purchase the Haan.

Published on November 26, 2011 by Incos

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the sum of its parts
Ordered with high hopes, but this doesn't quite measure up. An electric broom (most effective on hard floors, no suction for carpet) and a mediocre steamer. I have a dedicated Eureka floor steamer and Miele canister vacuum cleaner, and was looking for something in between for fast cleanups. Not quite one or the other, your experience may vary.

The box states...
Published on January 19, 2012 by Madam H

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Bissell Steam and Sweep, November 26, 2011
Incos (Bradford, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HAAN HD-60 Duo Sweeper and Floor Steamer (Kitchen)

Quality of the Haan seems to be much higher than the Bisell. Construction is very solid, and doesn't feel as flimsy as the Bissell did. When my wife and I were steaming with the Bissell it seemed very heavy, and would flex in the middle of the handle if you were trying to moving it around a lot. The Haan does not show any signs of flex, and seems to be just a higher grade all together. The floor pads are also a much higher quality pad, and hold up a ton better than the cheaper bissell.

The steaming function is also on a whole other level of steaming. The Bissell would just seem to get the floor wet, and wouldn't produce a ton of steam. Once the Haan is warmed up it steams like crazy. That gives me a better feel of how well it is actually cleaning. The Haan also dries very quickly which I am assuming is because of the higher temperature of the steam. The Haan has a nice attachment so that you can run it on your carpet to disinfect your carpet also.

The sweeping function is the only reason I have given the Haan a 4 star instead of a 5 star rating. The sweeping function on the Bissell seemed to work a little better, and pick up a little more off of the floor.

4.0 out of 5 stars A handy sweeper/steamer, January 16, 2012
planetregin (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HAAN HD-60 Duo Sweeper and Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
I brought this primarily to clean my kitchen floors after our toddler started eating solid foods and getting some of them on the floors. With each feeding, there is some food that falls on the ground and it means constant cleaning to keep up.

SWEEPER: It has a good sweeper. Picks up small as well as larger pieces of dried food and other stuff pretty well. Just don't run this sweeper over wet food as it may get into the brushes. The sweeper switch can be easily turned on or off using your toe.

STEAMER: This was the main reason I purchased this appliance. It starts putting out steam in about 30 seconds. You have to go slowly or multiple times over a surface to properly sanitize it. After cleaning I can feel that the tile is much more cleaner with all shiny/sticky stuff gone. The pads get fully wet after some time of cleaning and once this happens, you have to switch to the extra pad which is also included. Otherwise a wet pad pushes dirt around without doing much cleaning.

You have to keep in mind that this kind of steamer is NOT the magic mop you might be looking for. It sanitizes the floor and also gets most things except dried food from the floor. Many times we have some dried cereal or bits of mashed/pureed food that are tough to get off the floor even within a few hours of drying. I usually steam those areas for about a minute and then run this mop more than a dozen times back and forth to get them off. Works most times but still nothing beats the old fashioned mopping. But the high temperatures produced here ensure that the floor is sanitized; something which helps me as our toddler sometimes picks up stuff from the floor and puts it into his mouth. So this is a good sanitizer but an OK mop.

I also use it to quickly steam my wooden floors once in two weeks and they get real clean. (Careful though, you don't want to get your wood wet. On a scale of 10 if the speed I use to go over tile is 4, then wood is somewhere around 8. With a faster pace you ensure the woods does not get too wet. The packaging says this can be used to steam wooden floors also.)

COMBO: The sweeper/steamer combo is great as one can finish off both jobs in one pass. The swivel feature is great. When I first got it, it seemed so fluid that I thought I might have a tough time getting it to go where I wanted. But once you get the hang of it, it flows like a symphony and you will enjoy getting in all those places in the exact angles you want. Kind of fun. I hand-wash and air dry the steaming pads. You can also machine wash it if you wish.

Overall a good sweeper and steamer that sanitizes and cleans well, except for dried food which takes so much effort that sometimes its easier to just get on the floor and scrub it off the old fashioned way. I would recommend this appliance to anyone who needs frequent and quick cleaning of their floors. Also recommended for those who like a slow and thorough sanitizing once in a while.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the sum of its parts, January 19, 2012
Madam H (North Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HAAN HD-60 Duo Sweeper and Floor Steamer (Kitchen)

The box states the sweeper can be used on carpet, but this would only be useful for sweeping debris off the surface of a rug or carpet, not any sort of deeper cleaning. The broom part is a motorized beater/brush bar, which sweeps the debris into an up-front, easy-to-remove clear dustpan/bin.

I did like the fact that the steamer has a translucent water bottle, very nice to see contents, so you know when to refill, a feature my Eureka doesn't have. Alas, the steamer function on this Haan is very lacking; the steam emits from a solitary row of 15-16 vent-holes in the bottom of the unit, in the back of the bus, about two-thirds of the distance, front to back, of the floor plate. It does heat quickly, but this one row of vents isn't much cleaning power, and certainly isn't helpful when trying to clean the edges of a room. The included pads seemed sturdy, but I gave this Duo only one try and quickly realized it wasn't quite what I was looking for.

I'll keep my Eureka steamer and Miele; cleaning the hard-surface floors in my house will remain a two-step process.

This item may be useful for someone with a very small area to clean, such as a dorm or efficiency apartment, or to keep in a remote location in the house when cleaning a lightly-used area, but for any sort of heavy or thorough cleaning, this just isn't the sum of its parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, intelligently designed product, May 22, 2012
This review is from: HAAN HD-60 Duo Sweeper and Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
The Haan HD-60 sweeper and floor steamer is a terrific, intelligently designed product. I use it to sweep and clean the following items in my house:

1) Kitchen and bathroom tile floor
2) Large-area carpets
3) My best area rug that I've only had professionally cleaned before
4) Pet stains occasionally made by my aging and forgetful cat
5) Although the product does not claim to clean grout, the grout on my tile floors seems to looks better with each steaming. Maybe the grout will continue to brighten up with continued steamer use(?)

Here's what I like about the HD-60:
1) The design is very good. I assembled it myself in under a minute. The sweeper, water tank, debris bin, pads and floor rests are all detachable and easy to wash.
2) The steam is very hot and very fast.
3) My house smells so clean after I use the steamer.
4) The unit is compact, light and easy to push around.
5) Sweeping and steaming at the same time saves time and work.

Here's what might be improved about the HD-60:
1) The steamer head is too wide to fit between the toilet and the wall behind. Haan might want to offer an attachment to steam tight spaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars For daily use in the kitchen and other high traffic areas, this combo item does an awesome job!, March 4, 2012
This review is from: HAAN HD-60 Duo Sweeper and Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
About me: I'm a professional housekeeper with high expectations. This product was not purchased to use in my clients' homes, but specifically to use in my own kitchen and front and back door high traffic areas.

A fantastic purchase (LOVE the convenience of vacuuming and steaming all at once), but you should know that this is not a deep cleaning product, but something to use in high traffic areas on an everyday basis between more thorough cleanings. The reason for this is that while it does a good job of keeping main larger areas looking clean and fresh, it does not get tight up next to baseboards, as the suction area for the vacuum is just far enough back from the front of the device to keep it from getting right up to tight spaces, and the steaming area is even further back. It is super at cleaning everything else, and if you have a good steamer for deep cleaning (I recommend shark's pro pocket mop model) and a good vacuum (I also recommend Shark's Pro Navigator--I swear, it's just as good as a dyson, even better in several aspects, better, and half the price), you'll be very happy with this uber-convenient product!

4.0 out of 5 stars disappointed about the huge price change, January 1, 2012
Alyson "1sweetwhirled" (Brooklyn, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HAAN HD-60 Duo Sweeper and Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
I am really liking this HD-60 steamer but am really disappointed by Amazon's price policy whereby price changes are not honored within 2 weeks of purchase... I mean, I paid $129 just 2 weeks ago and its now down to $99- that is so ridiculously steep a price drop that it makes me laugh that if I wanted to return it I could, yet to get a price adjustment is impossible. Something's seriously wrong with this price policy and after being a prime member for several years the policy ought to be seriously reconsidered

As for the sweeper part of the machine its kind of a waste- not vacuuming prior to using this product is a mistake- pushing dust balls around the floor is kind of counterproductive and that renders the sweeper attachment pretty useless. I purchased this version for the swivel feature and I'm really glad I did- the floors look and feel pretty fantastic. In any case at $99 this is a no brainer. 4 stars instead of 5 for sometimes pushing around dust bunnies that were missed by the vacuum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, January 4, 2012
Maria Jette (excelsior, mn USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HAAN HD-60 Duo Sweeper and Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
For a mere $99, I can't imagine a better buy for floor cleaning. Solid machinery, heats up almost instantly, even looks fantastic! I've had a Steamboy, purchased via Amazon, for several years, and finally got sick of pretending it worked-- it seemed more like a prototype than a finished product, cheap & leaky. THIS thing, on the other hand, seems flawless! I've only used it once, so hope today's performance continues. The simultaneous sweep/steam thing worked like a dream on my tile kitchen floor, and the sorts of spots that the wretched Steamboy never dealt with vanished instantly with this machine. Haven't tried it on carpet yet, but with a couple of dogs, plan on having to do so at any time (sigh)-- hoping it'll mean the bigger carpet cleaner can take a break.

1.0 out of 5 stars Haan HD-60 Duo Sweeper and Floor Steamer, July 31, 2012
This review is from: HAAN HD-60 Duo Sweeper and Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
Don't buy this product. I liked the steamer but the sweeper broke in 3 months. Yes, there is an one year warranty, but you have to pay the shipping charges to return it which with UPS are around $55.00. The Post Office will not accept big boxes. Amazon's policy after 30 days is the same. I would have given this product more stars because it's lite and because of the steamer, but it's braking down easily. The sweeper can not collect pet hair. Human hair stuck in the brushes have to be removed manually. If you want a steamer buy it separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars HAAN Floor steamer, January 15, 2012
This review is from: HAAN HD-60 Duo Sweeper and Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
I absolutely LOVE my steamer! Tile floors aren't streaky from the mop; they dry quickly and are shiny! The floors even smell clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surpirsed!, April 2, 2012
Kathleen F Lynch (Ocean Gate, NJ, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HAAN HD-60 Duo Sweeper and Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
After research and reading many reviews both on Amazon and other websites I finally decided on the HAAN HD-60 Duo Sweeper. The reviews coupled with the fact that the floors in this old crack house require regular scrubbing on hands and knees left me with low expectations that this product would work for me. With that said, I just used it to clean my kitchen floor and I'm totally impressed! It cleaned up dried milk, soda, juice, etc with very little effort. My only compliant and the reason I didn't give it five stars is that it does not do well in corners. This was mentioned in someone else's review therefore it wasn't unexpected.

HAAN HD-60 Duo Sweeper and Floor Steamer