4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Mop When It Works
Published on June 20, 2012 by Marolyn Locke

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, December 16, 2011
This review is from: HAAN SI-40 Swivel Head Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
Received this as a Christmas gift from my mom per my request because my Shark steam cleaner "ran out of steam" and I am do glad it did. The shark cannot even compare to this Haan. The Haan was very easy to put together and worked beaufuful. Very convenient that the water tank comes off to fill not an option with the Shark. Steam comes out automatically, with the Shark you had to literilly pump it to abtain any good amount of steam. Love the pads just place the mop on the pad and you are ready to go no pulling and tugging to put on the pad like I had to do with the Shark. Also like that it has an on and off button, something the Shark did not have.
Cleaned my kitchen floor very well. I also tried the carpet attachment (no it will not clean your carpet) but it did feel like it refreshed it. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because the cord could be a little longer. I would hightly recommend this product to anyone who is looking to purchase a floor steamer. Nice product for the price, delivery was fast from Amazon with free shipping and it was packaged very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE this steamer, July 13, 2012
This review is from: HAAN SI-40 Swivel Head Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
I've never owned a steam mop before, but was persuaded to try it out by a co-worker. Our new home is about 75% tile and we have a puppy who, at the time, wasn't yet housebroken... I was mopping with the mop & bucket at least once a day and it was getting old. Fast.

Enter the HAAN SI-40 Swivel Head Floor Steamer. I still mopped daily, but the task was so much easier and healthier for my puppy than the old mop and bucket. And, IMO, the floors look and feel cleaner. Since you're only mopping with water, the floors no longer have that sticky film left behind from detergents and there are no streaks.

A lot of people on here say it doesn't get out stuck-on grime, but I disagree. You may have to go over it two or three times (just like you would with a regular mop?!), but it does come up. If it doesn't, I seriously have to wonder what exactly is on the floor and how long it's been there. We've waited up to a week to clean spaghetti sauce off of our tile, and it came up with no problems. Of course, you'll need to clean up most of the large messes right away (like, ahem, if a puppy pees on the floor, you'd wipe most of it up with a paper towel first), but you'd do that anyway, right?

I also like that it has the on/off button and that it hangs flat in the closet. The only flaw...and really, it's not a flaw, more of a preference...is that all the accessories don't fit together or anything. I have them all in a bag that hangs on the same hook as the steam mop, but it is annoying when it falls and everything comes tumbling out. Other than that, this is one of the best purchases I've made hands down.

Soooo... there you have it. Seriously, this is the only way to go for fast, efficient and easy mopping!

4.0 out of 5 stars Haan SI-40 Steam Cleaner, December 4, 2011
Cathy Beadling (MCKEESPORT, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HAAN SI-40 Swivel Head Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
For the price the Haan SI-40 is well worth the money. The swivel head lets you get into places not easily reached. Water heats fast and makes the floors shine. I have used it on both hardwood and ceramic floors and was pleased with the results on both. I would recommend this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Mop When It Works, June 20, 2012
This review is from: HAAN SI-40 Swivel Head Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
I received this mop in April and it worked great. Three weeks later, I went to use it again and the power button would not stay pressed -- therefore, it didn't work any longer. I worked with the seller, The Vacuum Store, in trying to get this replaced but they were not helpful at all. I am now returning it directly to Haan but having to pay for the shipping. Hmmm. If the next one works more than once then I say go for it but watch out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, December 28, 2011
This review is from: HAAN SI-40 Swivel Head Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
As a mom of three small boys with a white linoleum kitchen a steam mop is a necessity. This mop was packaged nicely, easy to put together and start using. I love that the pads are easily cleaned and reusable. The cord is plenty long for my kitchen. It warms up quickly and begins steamming with just the push of a button. The tank holds more than enough for my whole kitchen. The mop head swivels nicely. The best feature is that my floors were left clean and dry. No waiting around for the floor to dry. My toddler followed me around while I mopped (at a safe distance since the mop does create hot steam). And no residue or chemicals left on the floor. Floors are left clean and ready for playing! I would highly recommend this steam mop!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great steamer, April 21, 2012
Lizzie Neos (Wawarsing, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HAAN SI-40 Swivel Head Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
This steamer is fantastic. As long as you realize it is not some kind of magic wand, it does the job it is intended to. The price is great, the quality is as described if not better and the steam is hot, very hot. It is very efficient at cleaning the floor beneath your feet, just remember slow and steady. It's steam not a jackhammer

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this steamer!, April 20, 2012
This review is from: HAAN SI-40 Swivel Head Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
I first bought a shark, and I wasn't impressed. I returned the shark and bought the HAAN, which was cheaper and works a whole lot better! The steam in the Haan gets a lot hotter and the swivel head is really nice. The shark seemed to just push stuff around and the Haan seems to eat it. I use it all of the time and my floors have never looked better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, October 16, 2012
This review is from: HAAN SI-40 Swivel Head Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
I started out with an H2O mop...would have loved it, if it had ever worked. I researched literally for months off and on after years of not getting the H2O to work. I went online to buy another brand and saw this one. The reviews were so much higher than the other brands I had seen, which seemed like they were loved or hated. This had consistent reviews. I think I read one that said it leaks and leaves water everywhere was the negative. Have not had that problem at all. Absolutely love it. I bake, so constantly have stuff stuck to the floors. This gets it up a lot easier than my old mop(which is what I went back to after buying the H20). Great buy and clean up is so much easier now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, January 16, 2012
This review is from: HAAN SI-40 Swivel Head Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
I got this Haan for Christmas and I must say the only word to describe it is AMAZING. I use it to clean ceramic tile and hard wood floors. It is ready to use in about 15 seconds and it works like a champ. Easy to assemble and use. One word describes this mop...AMAZING

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase., December 18, 2011
This review is from: HAAN SI-40 Swivel Head Floor Steamer (Kitchen)
Good purchase. I have used my steamer a few times already. It's super easy to use and leaves all my floors (wood & tile) looking beautiful. I really like how my floors are almost completely dry in 30 seconds. No more waiting to walk on the floor. I'm glad I purchased this steamer!

HAAN SI-40 Swivel Head Floor Steamer