5.0 out of 5 stars BEST Steam mop out there
Published on September 14, 2011 by SteveB 89052

1.0 out of 5 stars Customer Service Bad Attitude
Beware of Haan Company if you need customer service. I found them unwilling to satisfy the customer. I called because there were parts missing according to their instruction manuals parts list. They would not send the missing parts, and I've never had a company respond that way. If you read customer reviews this appears to be a decent product, but you need to also...
Published on September 21, 2012 by Dakeman

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST Steam mop out there, September 14, 2011
This review is from: HAAN SI-60 Select Multi-Level Steamer (Kitchen)
This is one great steam mop. Read all the reviews for the SI-35 model and was all set to buy it but was wondering why there wasn't a model that solved the swivel and cord length problem. Went onto the haan website and noticed this SI-60 model addressed these problems, plus it had a two stage steam output, I new this was the one for me. Was all set to buy it here but went to walmart web site to see what they offered and noticed it was cheaper there(even with sales tax included. Got the unit from wally world(walmart) and couldn't be happier with it. Now for you folks out there that think this unit will pick up the ground in dirt (especially tile and stone)your mistaken. I think your expecting too much from it. But it certainly will keep your floors clean from then on. Don't have much use for the carpet attachment since I have a very good Hoover carpet cleaner. You can't go wrong with this SI-60 unit. BTW if your going to order xtra pads be very careful. Amazon lists the MF-2 or 4 pads as the ones that work with the SI-60 or any SI model. That's WRONG. The correct ones are the RMF-2 or 4 pads. Somebody posted that the Velcro lines up differently and may block the steam vents. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, June 28, 2011
Amazon Customer (Near Gulf of Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HAAN SI-60 Select Multi-Level Steamer (Kitchen)
It works great. HAAN made improvements on the SI-20 model. That model had a shorter cord and did not have a swivel head, this one does. It is important to note that of the steamers on the market, the HAAN series are among the few whose steam is actually 212 F at the exit point (mop head). This allows the HAAN to sterilize, not just break up stains and clean up messes on the floor. The carpet tool also works well; carpets appear revitalized and the little bugs (mites) that live in them get eradicated by the heat/steam. I highly recomend this item to others considering a steamer purchase, and those considering the SI-20, it's a no brainer, get the 60.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use - this new model seems to address older models' issues, August 20, 2011
This review is from: HAAN SI-60 Select Multi-Level Steamer (Kitchen)
After reading a ton of reviews of all types of steam mops, I finally decided on the Haan brand. This new model, the S-60 seemed to address the issues from previous models like no swivel head and too short of a cord.

The product arrived extremely fast and was ready to go except for one large screw that attached the handle. The mop is very lightweight and attractive (not like that really matters, though!). I was leary of the small water tank at first, but found that it held more than enough water to do all my floors - but I have only a 1000 squre foot house. The water heated within 20 seconds and has a slight ticking noise when it heats, but that seems to go away once it gets going. The mop produced a significant amount of steam and did a good job cleaning my tile and my wood floors. There are 2 separate settings for mild steaming and full steaming so you can adjust for wood floors, which I like. The head swivels easily, which made it very easy for me to get beside the toilet. There was slight wetness once the pad started to get wet, but it dried very quickly. The only negative I would mention was the fact that the mop didn't really do anything to a spot of dried on tomato sauce on my floor, it softened it up, but the pad didn't have enough scrub power to get it off. I really didn't expect it to, as it was a thick sauce! Overall on my hard surface floors, I found them to be squeeky clean and they didn't feel filmy as they had in the past with cleaning products.

As for the carpet steamer, it doesn't really help bring up stains, but I didn't expect it to as it doesn't have water and suction like the commercial ones you can rent at the store. It did freshen my rugs nicely and I felt satisfied with that.

Overall, while I think this unit is a little pricey, I believe that compared to other units I researched, the Haan reviews have been consistantly positive and the price is not that much more than brands with lackluster reviews. I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good...., July 21, 2011
This review is from: HAAN SI-60 Select Multi-Level Steamer (Kitchen)
I love this steamer. It looks and feels very well made. I've had it for a week now, have used it once, and can't wait to use it again over the weekend. It does a great job cleaning the floor. I love the fact it cleans the floor without any chemicals. It's also light, slim and pretty. I have both tiles and laminate through out the house. It works well on both surfaces (different settings). It makes cleaning floor a fun job.
This one has all the things I wish SI-35 had, swivel head and extended cord (20 feet).
I just hope it will last for a long time. I don't ever want to go back to the traditional mop and water bucket anymore.
I also appreciate how Haan improves its products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Haan Steamp Mop SI-60 - Easy to use & produces the results I need., November 23, 2011
This review is from: HAAN SI-60 Select Multi-Level Steamer (Kitchen)
I did a LOT of research & comparison before purchasing this SI-60 steam mop since I was disappointed with the Shark Pocket Steam Mop I had been using. I can honestly tell you after using it for over a month now that I am happy with this steam mop. I like the fact that it has an on/off button & 3 choices of steam that are continuous so no more pumping the handle every other time like I had to do to get the steam to pump out with the Shark pocket steamer. The mop pads are put on with velcro strips so it is easy to install & can be replaced in seconds with a new pad. You simply put the pad down with velcro strips facing up put the steam mop down on the pad & you are ready to go. I urge you to READ all the instructions PRIOR to using the mop so that you understand how this mop is suppose to work. I read a review where someone indicated that it left the floor dirty. It clearly states that you MUST vacuum your floor prior to using this to pick up the lint etc... This mop is designs to sanitize your floor and remove spills and spots not to pick up debris such as crumbs, dust etc... If I find a stubborn stain or spill I just go over the spot a couple of times & it comes off. I use only distilled or filtered water with the machine and 2 cap fulls of white vinegar. When you first turn the mop on it will make some noises which is normal as it heats up and begins to produce steam but then it is very quiet and glides across the floor. Since the steam will eventually saturate the mop pad I changed mine after about 15 minutes with another one. You can tell when the mop head becomes too wet because the mop doesn't glide across the floor as easily & you start to see streaks. I purchased additional mop pads so it would be easy for me to change out. I love the ease of using this steam mop because it's light weight and very quiet while doing a great job of steaming the floors. I've noticed that my floors have a nice shine to them and don't leave the streaks I experienced with the Shark pocket steamer. Another great feature is that the pads can be washed and reused which means less waste for the landfill. I throw the pads in the washer but put them on the rack in the dryer to help maintain their shape. I gave the steam mop 4 stars because I wish I it would produce more visible steam coming out even when it's on the highest steam level. I have five cats & feel it is important to keep my floors smelling and looking great & this mop definitely provides that results. So for me the pro's of the Haan SI-60 Steam mop are: It's light weight, easy to replace mop pads, quiet, continuous steam with 3 levels to choose from, & produces clean floors. The Con: Could produce more visible steam.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much easier than mopping. It will replace my mop., October 21, 2011
This review is from: HAAN SI-60 Select Multi-Level Steamer (Kitchen)
The Haan steam mop will definitely replace my mop but it takes some patience to get good results. I think the people with the really bad reviews are expecting too much and think it will just bulldoze over all you caked on dirt that has been there for years. Just like regular mopping, you have to make sure the floors are totally vacuumed and loose dirt free before you use it. Otherwise it just pushes around loose dirt that wasn't picked up. For tough stains you have to set the steam mop on the stain for a bit to loosen up and then it will come off. I think it starts to work better after the microfiber pad is wet. At the beginning when the pad is dry, it seems to not do much.

The different settings for low and high steam settings is a good feature. You don't want to be pushing a lot of steam in hardwood floors. The mop will not work well on porous surfaces. For smooth flooring like tile, laminates, and hardwood is where it works the best. Some of the marketing claims that say it will sanitize your floors and remove 99.9% of all germs is not really an issue.

I would like to see some pads that have a hole or thinner area where steam ports are so there would be more steam getting to the floor. I may have to do some experimenting.

All in all my floors are really clean with less effort and hassle. Worthwhile purchase.

Pros:
-Works good on smooth surfaces.
-Heats up fast
-Quality build
-2 steam settings
-Pivoting head
-Much less hassle than mopping.

Cons:
-Not really any negatives except that it doesn't just bulldoze tough stains in one pass.
-Doesn't save time over mopping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-clean floors, January 8, 2012
This review is from: HAAN SI-60 Select Multi-Level Steamer (Kitchen)
An outstanding product. High value for the money. After comprehensive research on the Shark and many other makes and models, our focus narrowed on the Haan SI-60, which boasts a 25-ft cord (Haan SI-35 cord is just 19 ft.) Many very nice features: two steam settings (cooler for wood floors, hotter for tile), very lightweight, a complete swivel pivot head, and it's free-standing (won't tip over). It won't dent or scrape baseboards. No more swishing of mops and just moving dirt around. Best of all, you'll get a super-clean, heat-santitized floor. Your bare feet feel the difference. No need for vinegar or chemicals in the water, so it's a winner for babies, pets, any floor-dwellers who lick their fingers or paws. Please know this is not a vacuum! You should vacuum, sweep or Swiffer first. Be realistic: heavy, week-old sauce spills might need some hand-scrubbing yourself before the Haan treatment. Our home has wood cabinet baseboards, so thankfully this machine doesn't blast steam at the baseboards but keeps it on the floor edge. One con: the cord is black, and our baseboards are white, so if you drag the cord around corners, the black might leave small black marks like many vacuum cords (though we haven't seen any yet). Not uncommon, and easy to wipe clean with a damp sponge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great steam mop, August 28, 2011
This review is from: HAAN SI-60 Select Multi-Level Steamer (Kitchen)
I love this mop - I bought this particular one because of the adjustable steam feature and am so glad. It is terrific. I had a Bissell steam mop and it left my floors so wet I had to always use a towel to dry up the water. When I used the Haan I used the low steam option and it still cleaned perfectly and floors were dry in a matter of minutes. I was surprised at the difference and am so glad I tried this one. Good-bye Bissell - I won't miss that steam mop at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a steam mop I'm happy with!, April 10, 2012
Busy Cleaner (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HAAN SI-60 Select Multi-Level Steamer (Kitchen)
I have to say, after owning a number of steam mops, I'm impressed! This mop leaves my floors so dry, I actually lifted it up to see if it was really working. (Which, of course, the manual tells you not to do, because you might get burned. I was not injured, because I was using my brain.) I was surprised at how hot and wet the microfiber pad was, because the floor was drying in seconds and while using it, it didn't seem to be producing that much steam. The mop is very light, and as long as the pad doesn't become over-saturated, it's a breeze to push. It has removed dried on stains in the kitchen better than any other steam mop I've owned, although it's important to remember a steam mop isn't going to instantly blast the stuff away like they appear to do in the infomercials. It gives my floors a clean, residue-free feeling that really hasn't been beat by any other mopping system. The swivel head is perfect, and maneuvers easily without swiveling when you don't want it to. The low profile head allows the mop to reach under cabinets, appliances, etc. I also like the microfiber pads much better than the other brands I've tried. They are stiffer and actually have some texture to them, which allows them to better scrub that dirt and grime without damaging your floor. The tank seems small, but goes a long way and has been perfect for my needs. They claim the steam actually exits the unit at 212 degrees, which is hotter than many of the well-known brands, and the temperature microbiologists at the EPA claim is suitable for household cleaning and sanitizing needs. (Hopefully, you won't be performing surgery on your floors, so autoclave level sterilization is simply not necessary. On the other hand, I certainly wouldn't allow my hospital to sterilize their surgical insturments with my Haan.) Overall, if you are in the market for a steam mop, I'd definitely recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a steam mop that works!, January 16, 2012
This review is from: HAAN SI-60 Select Multi-Level Steamer (Kitchen)
After trying two other mops, this one finally works as advertised! I have an entire house of hardwood floors and tile, and mopping all of that is simply a chore.

I tried the shark pocket mop-terrible streaky sticky mess on my hardwood floors. Second one I tried was the Hoover Floormate spin scrub hard surface cleaner. It got the floor so wet and didn't really clean it. Returned both of them.

This mop is great- I actually have fun cleaning the floors- no joke!

No streaks
Does not over-wet the floor
Water in the chamber lasts a long time
Swivel head works great for getting in tight spaces
Ultra microfiber pads are great quality and last for several floors in one session
Dual heat setting means that I can use it safely and effectively on hardwood and tile

And - the cleaning without chemicals is so great. I have never had a swifffer or anything like that but
This is so easy to use I don't think I will ever use anything else. Like any mop, you need to sweep first
To get loose surface debris up, but you need to do that regardless.

I highly recommend this one, as someone who has tried the others that all failed!

UPDATE: Make sure you do not use the higher heat setting on hardwood floors. I accidentally set it at the higher setting thinking that the green display meant it was the cooler setting. I think they should re-label the heat settings because as a result I ended up damaging brand new hardwood in several areas by raising the grain and taking off some of the varnish. Doesn't green normally mean cooler and red hot? Well, on this device it's the opposite, so be vary careful with the heat setting on real hardwood and laminate. Tile is the only surface that can take the higher setting.

HAAN SI-60 Select Multi-Level Steamer