5.0 out of 5 stars Son's favorite infant toy. Used much younger than 6 months!
Published on September 6, 2009 by kjs

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT A SAFE TEETHER!
Published on March 6, 2011 by Traci

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT A SAFE TEETHER!, March 6, 2011
This review is from: HABA Kringelring Rattle Clutching Toy (Baby Product)
Let me start by saying that my 4.5 month old loves this toy. She received it as a gift around 2 months of age. When she started reaching and grasping for items, this rattle/teether was at the top of her list. I also had much love for it until today. Just today, she started using it as an actual teether and she tends to chomp down pretty hard. While she was doing this, I noticed a little blood on the very top, front part of her gum where it forms a crest. She managed to cut her gum with the rattle. Upon examining the rattle, I noticed that if you push the colorful wooden segments out of line, they have pretty sharp edges. Probably not sharp enough to cut fingers or hands, but they were sharp enough to cut my child's gum. I am so disappointed! She really likes this toy, and I did too because of it's unique qualities; however, I am wondering how I am the first to mention this in a review, and how HABA overlooked this unfortunate danger. I still plan to use HABA toys in the future, but I will definitely pick them carefully. I'm giving this review 2 stars instead of 1 because it is a great toy otherwise.

*UPDATE* 4/2011
I contacted the company and informed them of the situation. They not only sent the replacement I requested(Candy Clutching Toy), but also an extra toy (Dwarf Clutching Toy), and a prepaid envelope to return the Kringelring. I was extremely satisfied with the customer service, and the way they handled this situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Son's favorite infant toy. Used much younger than 6 months!, September 6, 2009
This review is from: HABA Kringelring Rattle Clutching Toy (Baby Product)
This was the first toy I bought my son. We gave it to him as soon as he started showing the ability to grasp. This toy was used as a grasping toy and a rattle. When the infant is so young, he likes to just look at his hand holding something and he looks at the colors and notices that the blue rings move around. It makes a nice sound when it is shaken. It's not too heavy and it is easy to hold.
I know it sounds boring, but my son loved this ring!
I would recommend getting one for a newborn and just waiting until they start showing signs of reaching out for things and trying to touch or grab things.
The product description recommends for 6 months to 2 years. I would say 1 month to 1 year.
The toy is very well made. Those colored bits are all strung together with an elastic cord so the colored part of the ring is pliable and bends.
My son did eventually mouth and gnaw on the ring when he was older. It's a great toy and would also make a nice gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars baby's favorite!!, December 8, 2007
This review is from: HABA Kringelring Rattle Clutching Toy (Baby Product)
Fun, safe, non-toxic, made in Germany. Great for grasping, mouthing, even shaking like a rattle. We were worried he might get pinched between the colored segments, but somehow it just doesn't create a a hazard at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Buy, February 3, 2012
This review is from: HABA Kringelring Rattle Clutching Toy (Baby Product)
I bought this for my son when he was about 1 month old. At first he was fascinated by the sight of the little blue rings moving around. When he started grabbing things the feel of it thrilled him. He quickly learned that the colored parts are moveable and would spend quite a long time for a little baby just bending the beads. He would get mad at his other toys, particularly rattles, because he couldn't bend them. Now at almost 7 months this is and has been his favorite toy. He plays with it, chews on it, examines it and just plain loves it. So does mommy. This is a well made, durable, deceptively simple, and safe toy. It's pleasant to hold and manipulate for mommy and daddy as well as baby. The rattle sound it makes is pleasant and it's just an all around great toy. This was the first of several HABA toys that I purchased for my son. All of them have been well made and fascinating for baby. HABA seems to be completely dialed into what baby's enjoy and how the learn. I initially thought these toys were almost as cool as Lamaze toys. I was wrong. HABA's toys are the best. I highly recommend HABA toys and for younger babies Kringlering is a the best money you'll spend on a toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best baby toy, April 11, 2007
This review is from: HABA Kringelring Rattle Clutching Toy (Baby Product)
This simple, natural grasping/teething toy was a favorite of my little son. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable Teething Ring and Rattle, October 17, 2005
B. Hanson (Tigard, OR. USA) - See all my reviews
My son has been chewing on this since he was 4 months old and he is now one and still chews on it as well as uses it as a rattle. I like the fact that he is not chewing on plastic. The paint is non-toxic and does not come off.

The toy is also made from wood which is renewable vs. plastic which is a petroleum based product.

The product is heirloom quality as all Haba products are.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy, October 12, 2007
This review is from: HABA Kringelring Rattle Clutching Toy (Baby Product)
I was very excited to buy this toy for my teething 8-month-old daughter as opposed to a plastic teether. But she doesn't seem to be as excited about it as I was. She doesn't really try to teethe on it very much. She basically picks it up and shakes it around, then throws it. I do very much like the quality of this toy - it seems like it will last for years and years. I will definitely buy Haba toys again for her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and baby loves it, November 21, 2013
This review is from: HABA Kringelring Rattle Clutching Toy (Baby Product)
Perfect clutch toy. It was one of my baby's first teethers and perfect because she could hold onto the round shape easily. One side is solid wood and the colorful part is made of pieces that fit tightly together. The change in texture was very interesting to the baby and the colors fun to look at. The two loose blue circles move around and when baby shakes the toy, they clack satisfyingly. It's perfect simplicity. She played with it for a long time and it has been a favorite. Held up beautifully. A quality toy and I like that it's wood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teether toy for babies who love to grab and manipulate objects., November 18, 2013
This review is from: HABA Kringelring Rattle Clutching Toy (Baby Product)
Our baby boy was constantly moving his hands and grabbing things to manipulate them - as opposed to babies who just grasp an object and shake it - so this teether toy was perfect for him. We tried several plastic teethers and he just didn't want to hold them for very long and didn't care to put them in his mouth. This was the only teether he consistently enjoyed grabbing and putting in his mouth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay as a backup toy., November 5, 2012
This review is from: HABA Kringelring Rattle Clutching Toy (Baby Product)
When I was picking toys for my 4 month old daughter, I thought this one looked like a winner. All of the colors, and the interesting shape, plus those other two rings--doesn't that look fun?

Eh.

My daughter isn't really impressed.

She likes the triangles better. I thought the Triangle Rattle looked kind of boring, but it had such high reviews I thought I would give it a shot. Turns out my daughter is crazy about the triangles. I think it's partly because this toy is wider around than the triangles are, so it is easier for her to hold the triangles.

If the triangles are not available, my daughter will hang onto this for a few minutes. I suspect she will probably like it more as her hands and mouth get a little bigger.

I'm still glad we bought this, but if you're choosing between this and the triangles and you're purchasing for a young child, I'd recommend the triangles. Even though this looks more fun.

HABA Kringelring Rattle Clutching Toy