Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HAI Elite Digital Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Tong, Curved Plates, 2 Inch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 1, 2013
I received my HAI Elite Digital curved plate flat iron and used it the very next day. For years, I used a curved plate flat iron by Conair and wore that one out and needed a replacement. Curved plate flat irons are almost impossible to find so when I came across this one I decided to give it a try. It's a little pricey but I was willing to spend the money for the only curved plate iron I could find. I am very pleased with this product. The on/off switch and other controls are on the inside of the paddle - excellent design. This keeps me from accidentally turning off the appliance while using it. The rubber grips on the bottom help to grip the iron for easy handling. It heated quickly and did a great job of straightening - plus, with the curvature of the plates, I didn't have to use a separate curling iron. I think I'll buy a back-up one so when I wear this one out several years from now, I'll have an instant replacement. Great product!!
on March 17, 2013
I straight iron with a curve is hard to find in a store if not impossible, at least I couldn't find one. I have used one for about 8 years. My hair is described as thin, but LOTS of it making it thick. It gets very frizzy so it straightens very well. So much so that it looks like straw to use a straight iron. I LOVE THE CURVE. It was worth paying the extra money to get a smooth finish with body. The round curling iron would not leave as smooth of a finish as a straight iron does, at least not for my texture of hair.
on September 1, 2015
I've owned 3 of these in the last few years. Amazing tool for someone like me who has fine, coarse and short hair. Works in so many ways even for long hair. Really is the end all curling and straight iron. The only one you will need for everything! The curved inner parts are fabulous and give a lot of volume or just a little. Perfect hair and easy to use every single time!
on October 3, 2010
I tried this from a friend, before I bought it. Absolutely love it!! Best Price I could find, too.
on February 1, 2011
I purchased this Tong about a year and a half ago, It was great until recently and now sometimes it heats and sometimes not. Or it will heat and turn off with in seconds.
I loved this device and for the money I spent on it I would expect them to work longer then the cheap brands. Of course warranty is only 1 year. I was not a daily user of the product so I'm quite surprised it's broke.
on January 19, 2011
I have had mine for about 3 years. You can completely straighten your hair or curl it, you just need practice with the iron just like a traditional "flat" iron. It is much easier though to curl with the Hai elite Tong than a "flat" iron (since there is a curve in the iron, you don't have to use your wrist as much.) Like any salon grade tool, you just need to know how to use it. I would suggest taking your purchase to your hair stylist and asking them to do a demo.
on June 12, 2009
These are the first hair tongs I have ever used. My hairdresser used these on my hair and I came out of the salon looking like I had straight hair with a end curl (from very curly hair).

I bought the tongs attempting to DIY. The tongs did their bit however me, the user, needs a lot more hours of tonging experience!

Apart from user issues, the tongs worked well, they heated up super-quick, were light enough to hold over my head for extended periods, would recommend to anyone wanting to buy this type of hair tong.
on July 16, 2014
I loved this product and would have given it 5 stars until a few days ago. I have it for over a year and suddenly the on/off switch stopped working. It was not dropped or damaged in any way - it just stopped working. I thought I purchased a good quality product but unfortunately, was wrong and just not worth the money.
on October 19, 2015
This is a poorly manufactured product that isn't even close to being worth what they charge for it - even if it did work properly. The curved plates only come together in one small place over the surface of the plate - which means that it doesn't "grip" and the hair just slides right out. I found that if I used a larger section of hair and applied enough pressure, it would "kinda" work, but then it would not smooth the hair adequately and I ended up with straight, but frizzy hair. What a waste of money and time - immediately returned it and will keep searching.
on September 20, 2011
This product is wonderful. If you have a bob or shoulder length hair and are wanting to straighten and turn under just a bit. Really does a nice job!!!