49 of 52 people found the following review helpful
on January 2, 2014
I didn't get mine on Amazon so i hope it's still ok if I do a review. I love this tablet, my portable 13" TV. I've got 3 10" tablets, several 7" tablets, a laptop, desktop and Windows phone. I wanted this tablet for Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu plus. It's excellent for all that! I've had no problems connecting to wifi whatsoever.. Unlike my iPad, Win8 tablet & 10" Android I can hear movies just fine on this 13.3" Hannspree without ear phones or ear buds. The speakers are on the front and nice and loud. I've also got Bluetooth headphones I use in bed if my husband is asleep. The Bluetooth connects instantly and stays solid the entire time.
Someone mentioned the viewing angles were really bad. For some reason if the tablet is turned with the speakers at the top you can see from every angle no matter how far you lay the tablet down. That's the way I happen to have it when watching a movie so the speakers are right there.
It's not as portable as a 7-10" tablet...but I didn't get it to carry it around when I'm out and about. I got it for movie/TV watching at home. The description about battery life said it only got about 4 hrs battery life. So NOT true! I'm getting between 9-10 hrs battery life while watching Netflix and Hulu Plus, playing Words With Friends and checking email. My eyes are 54 yrs old, the resolution looks as good to me as my iPad 4 resolution. And it's very nice to be able to use this tablet without having to put my reading glasses on. This is a wonderful tablet for someone in the over 50 age group. Or someone younger who just wants a screen bigger than 10" to watch Netflix with. Well worth the money and I have no doubt I'll get many years of use out of my "portable 13" TV".
30 of 31 people found the following review helpful
on December 30, 2013
I write this review to say that this is the best Amazon purchase I have ever done. This tablet is simply everything you want in a portable computer that will do it all. The screen is way bigger than than the 10.1 version. I have uploaded a picture for you to compare. Check it out in the "Product Images from Customers" section. The screen is big enough for me to read my comics and watch videos without damaging the eyes. The screen is crystal clear but if the screen is too bright for you, you can download an app that will let you dim the screen down.
I can't stress enough for you to get this tablet at this screen size because you will not regret it. I'm so glad I bought it for $229 and free shipping with Amazon Prime.
P.S. It can read a 64gb microsd card but you'll need to format it as a NTFS for it to read on your personal computer first before inserting it into the tablet.
22 of 26 people found the following review helpful
on January 5, 2014
I was looking for a 13" tablet primarily for sheet music. This was the lowest cost option. It does serve the purpose but the resolution could be better. Also there is quite a bit of viewing angle degradation. It cannot be looked at laying flat unless you are trying to view it from directly above. It is okay for the price and I can read my PDF sheet music from it as well as Fake Books, Kindle editions.
7 of 7 people found the following review helpful
on January 29, 2014
Pros: 1.6 GHz quad core amazingly fast!
I enjoy using it more than my HP Laptop which is a dual core 1.4 GHz.
My Samsung galaxy note II is a 1.6 GHz quad core and not as fast as this tablet.
The huge 13.3 HD screen is very bright and very detailed.
The IPS 10 point touch screen is very accurate.
Looks good in photo or panoramic mode.
Battery life is good.
Awesome price for so many features.
This is my second tablet and very pleased.
Con: I have checked the internet and there is no custom covers or cases for the 13.3 or 10.1 inch version. I own both.
If any one from Hannspree is reading this start making some custom cases and covers for these! Maybe Otter box or just a generic brand.
10 of 11 people found the following review helpful
on March 6, 2014
i use this exclusively for accessing my digital sheet music on the musicnotes app reader so i can only speak about how it works for this purpose.. 5 stars.. fast turning pages , ample size that is as large as the original paper sheets , solid construction.. for under 250. im am 100% pleased with it..
8 of 9 people found the following review helpful
on July 10, 2014
I bought this 13" tablet primarily because of the screen size to view my piano sheet music. I use MobileSheets, which works great on this tablet. The reviews are correct, that the viewing angle is very bad when off to the side. Because I keep it with me all the time (for the sheet music) I started adding apps to it, such as Google drive, facebook, Google maps, gmail, Kindle, OliveTree Bible Study, MightyText, Hulu and Netflix. That is when I started running into some of the issues mentioned in other reviews, about "locking up", videos buffering, slooow responses, etc. I have found that the KEY to keeping this tablet running smoothly is to keep the Internal Memory clean. This tablet is seriously limited on Internal memory space. But, you can make it work well, by doing these things.
1. Keep the memory and processing time down by putting a minimum number of "app" icons on the "desktop". There are 5 pages of "desktop" and only use 1 page with only 12 Apps showing. I access all of my other apps by using the "Apps" button.
2. When loading an App, always load it or move it to the SD card when possible. I have a 32G micro SD card in the slot for music, docs and Apps.
3. Use the "Pages" button on the Tablet, (it looks like two pieces of paper in landscape orientation). Make sure only 3-4 apps are running at the same time. If there is more than 3 or 4, then it uses memory and valuable processing time, so just slide them off the page by sliding them up or down.. By the way, this "Pages" button is the easiest way to move between apps that you are working with. Just click the "pages" button, and then click the app you want, that way you don't have to go back to the desktop.
4. Click the "Settings" button and then choose the "Apps" item, it will show how much of the 1000MB of internal memory is being used, down at the bottom of the screen. Example: Mine is showing 837MB used, 171MB free right now. I have found that the tablet really runs best with at least 200MB of free space. Less free internal memory than that, and slow responses, video buffering, hanging, etc will occur. So, how to get 200MB of free space ??? see item 5 next.
5. Find and click the "Explorer" app. Choose "Internal Memory". You will see a bunch of folders. Be careful here, because deleting files in here could damage an App. But you can check some of the folders for large files. Here are some examples: Click the folder call DCIM (Digital Camera IMages). There are several folders there, click each one and see if there are pictures stored there. If there are pictures there, move them to the SD micro card. (You move files by pressing and holding the file name, and a menu will show up). The internal memory is too small to use it up with pictures. Also check these folders under the internal memory, "Documents", "Download", "ScreenShots", VoiceRecorder. If there are files there, consider moving them to the SD Card. If you are computer savy you can move files in the other folders. DON'T MOVE OR DELETE ANYTHING THAT YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT IT IS OR KNOW IF IT CAN BE MOVED.
6. Finally. If you dont get enough free space by doing the above, there is not much else you can do except delete some of your apps. This tablet just cannot handle a lot of apps due to small internal memory.
I am happy with my Tablet, especially after i discovered and cleaned up the internal memory. It is a limited tablet, it is not a do-all machine, but it is a great value for the price.
6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
on January 6, 2014
After looking high and low, even behind my refrigerator I found a download for this tablet. Just go to this :
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
on May 17, 2014
I own 4 Hannspree monitors, and am very happy with all of them. So when I saw they had a 13 inch tablet, I really wanted to get one. I read the reviews, and it seems like the biggest complaints were the screen resolution wasn't that great. That wasn't much of an issue for me, I just wanted the large screen for my presentations.
So I got the tablet, set it up and then I performed the OTA update that was supposed to fix bugs and generally help out. That was a big mistake. Immediately I noticed that the screen orientation didn't work anymore. Locked or unlocked, the screen wouldn't rotate, so all my nice big images were locked to the wrong aspect. Then I tried to play my movies or watch a you tube video. The sound sputtered for a few seconds, then nothing. So the few things I needed this tablet to work for were totally broken. A quick look on Hannspree forums pages told the tale. The problems are HARDWARE, not software, so its not fixable ever. And these complaints are all over the forum pages. And Hannspree almost never answers these pleas for help. So do yourself a favor and skip this one. What a shame. They make great monitors but lousy tablets. This thing goes right back tomorrow.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
on May 27, 2014
The first Hannspree 13 I ordered came complete with a battery that wouldn't charge beyond 37%. Their customer support of course said a factory reset would help. Of course it didn't. So I sent it back to Amazon who was really fast in processing the return.
I ordered a 2nd one thinking maybe I just got a one-time lemon but noooooo! This new tablet has an endearing feature of auto-rotating every few seconds while the tablet didn't move at all. In fact it turned even when I turned auto-rotate off. It made it really interesting to read sheet music that was going back and forth from portrait to landscape mode constantly. So once again I called Hannspree and once again they said a factory reset would help. Guess what? It didn't (now you really didn't expect it to did you? No..nor did I). So back it goes.
There won't be a third try. Amazon has been good with the returns!