Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Format: Board book|Change

on August 2, 2012
Happy Birthday, Jesus! is a Christmas board book by Michelle Medlock Adams. In this rhyming story children are reminded that Christmas is the day their savior was born. The children in the book decorate, bake a cake and go out and celebrate this special day by having a birthday party in honor of Jesus. This book is a must have for parents wanting their children to understand the reason we celebrate. The rhyming text is so fun and my two young children asked me to read it again and again. We always make a birthday cake and sing for Jesus on Christmas and this book will become a part of our tradition year after year. The illustrations are so eye catching with their vivid colors that your young child will be very drawn to the story. This is a great book that makes celebrating the birth of Jesus more fun than Santa Claus!
on February 3, 2013
Not thrilled with the lack of depth in this little birthday book to Jesus. Thought it would be a little more about the Birth of Christ not just about the material side of celebrating a Birthday.
on February 24, 2014
A lovely Christmas book! We have some of the same traditions as are in the book (like making Jesus a birthday cake) but this book also gave us a few new ideas. This book helps reinforce the reason for celebrating Christmas. I also really enjoy that it's a board book so even the youngest child can hold it while reading.
on January 16, 2013
I bought two of these for my four-year old granddaughter and my almost four-year old grandson. Each year I purchase a book for them to remind them just whose birthday Christmas is. The concept of using a typical birthday party scene (complete with balloons and cake) of this book is very clever. The kids were intrigued with a party for Jesus and I hope it reminded them of the reason for the celebration. Recommended.
on December 5, 2012
This is a great little book - exactly what I was looking for. They celebrate the birth of Jesus, bake him a cake... exactly the kinds of traditions that I have with my children. My two young boys (2 and 4) love the book and want me to read it again and again to them. The pictures are colorful and engaging. I'm so glad this book was written!
on December 13, 2013
It's quite an effective board book to emphasize to the kids the reason why we celebrate Christmas! A little too simplistic, though. There are illustrations of baby Jesus in the manger although not quite interesting for the kids. My intention why I bought this book is to focus the attention on Jesus instead of gifts, cakes and other commercial celebration. So not achieved.

The message of this book - it is Jesus birthday and let's all celebrate with cakes, gifts, trees and all the other trimmings.
on December 24, 2014
This is a wonderful book that tells the true meaning of Christmas to small children. I purchased it for my 4 year old daughter and 8 year old step daughter to share. It is perfect. We also have a tradition of baking a birthday cake for Jesus every Christmas, so this fit in with that perfectly.
on November 21, 2015
We love this book in our house. It is a cute and simple way to remind kids of why we celebrate Christmas. If you ask my 2 year old about Christmas she will tell you "Jesus Birthday!" We read this all the time.
on June 3, 2015
very simple, but gets across the message to my 2.5 year old that Christmas is not just about getting presents, it's about celebrating Jesus's birthday.
on April 11, 2014
what can I say? my granddaughter loved the book and she has memorized the book front cover to cover. and she is only almost three yrs old.