Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on September 16, 2013
I really like this camera. For the price it gives me front and back video for my vehicle when am driving. Good little bit of security and YouTube video instruction were helpful. I would recommend it if you live where everyone cuts in front of you. Great product for price. Oh one more thing if you live in HOT temperature areas be sure to remove it from windshield if you park for extended times, because plastic cover on view finder will warp, mine did but the camera still works great.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 9, 2014
This seems to be a great camera for your car .
If you can get it to work .
The manual that comes with that camera is 100% useless . And that is understating it !
I have had my share of Chinese to English manuals . This is BY FAR the worst manual I have ever seen. It could not possibly be worst . This manual gives new meaning to BAD !
The only way to get this camera to work is to go and check on u-tube to find some limited help.
If I had known how bad the manual for this camera is I would not have bought the camera.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 3, 2014
Purchased the first one from Amazon and it didn't seem to work correctly, power button issues. So I returned that one and ordered another one from the company through Amazon, since Amazon would only offer a refund. The second one was dropping many of the files, wouldn't open, so I tried replacing the mini card with one I had in my cell phone and it worked much better; although some of the fills were still corrupted. I was ready to send it back but decided to try a new card, SanDisk Ultra 16 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card and recorded about two hours on it and not one corrupted file. So don't bother with the card they give you, throw it out and order a good one from the start. For the price and features I haven't found anything better with spending much more - $225.00 minimum.

As for the camera itself, the quality isn't Hollywood but it'll document just fine and the back view is a real plus to have. If you want to read plates and see people flipping you off as you drive by, then you'll need to spend $200 plus a card for a good camera. Even so they don't include the rear camera so you would need to buy two and that's gettin' expensive. Other reviews didn't make much of the sound quality but It's pretty good. I could even hear my dog smacking his lips for his cookie when I was at the bank window. The features are easy once you get the hang of it and having the internal battery means you can sit at the kitchen table and play with the thing for an hour once the battery is charged. Although the manual isn't the best, it took me about and hour or two just trying out the different menu items to get a good understanding of all the functions. You can set it to stay on after the vehicle is off and it even has a motion sensor which I haven't tried yet. When you install the back camera and play it back the image will be flipped horizontally. At first I thought it was somehow defective but then I realized what was going on. Whatever passes on the left will show going by on the right, from the back view if you have both videos on the screen at the same time. Normally you would think this was wrong but the idea is to have the images overlaying and then whatever goes by on the left will come out one left...got that? By having the images overlaid -PIP-you have effectively rotated the back view 180/deg. Don't worry since it took me a while to get it straight in my brain. Also if you want to use the suction cup mount and have a windshield with those little screened dots, put a little water on the cup otherwise it'll keep coming loose. Those dots are raised just enough to create a space and the water will keep a good suction. The unit easily slides off/on just be gentle.

One last thought, AppleCare suggested I download the free video app "VLC". Great software which seems to run any format of video and also has some basic editing functions that will run on either PC or Mac. I downloaded a Windows video from my PC on to a cd, dropped it into the Mac and it played without any problems. Good luck!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 18, 2013
** thank u to the person that let me know I had forgotten to change the star rating on this product after updating my review & thank u to the person that helped me fix the problems I was having. Formatting the disk has made a very big difference in clarity of the recording playback, so I've updated my rating to 3 stars because it is a pain to format the disk because I dont know how long I can let it go before it will start skipping & freezing again, so i'm formatting the disk every 2 weeks. I'm happier with my purchase but if u chose to buy this DVR be aware that u will need to remove the disk and completely delete everything that has been recorded on it at least once every 2weeks or it will start to skip and freeze on,playback!

(Ok, so I've obviously been using this for some months now. In the colder months, I noticed two or three times where it didn't start up properly when I turned the vehicle on and had to turn the unit off and on again before pulling out of the parking space to start my travel, which isn't a big deal, for it to work correctly.)

Now for the big deal; I ran into a nut case on the freeway last night who tried to run me off the road so of course I get on the computer this morning to view it (so I can tell a cop friend of mine) and as I start the playback on my computer, I discover that time after time after time, the camera (front) starts to record and then freezes! Then the screen pixel-ates and jumps forward several minutes then it plays like it should for a few seconds and then freezes up again! This is on multiple recordings over several days. I completely missed the license plate of the A** who was road-raging me due to this. NOT VERY HAPPY as this type of situation is why I purchased this device. The back camera isn't worth having as once the guy got behind me after trying to run me off the berm in his monster truck the camera is SO bad that even though the license plate was in the middle of my back window it's not crisp enough to see it other than the first and last digit of the plate. I'm feeling a little ripped off. I don't know if the problem is due to the heat in Texas or what, but it's been spring time here and under 95 for the most part it's not even summer yet. I'm thinking maybe I should have spent more $$ elsewhere for a unit that's easier to use and may have a warranty in the USA.***

I love my new car camera! I really like having the ability to have a rear camera for those "people" that like to ride your bumper and are whipping in and out of traffic! Nice to know that I've got some kind of recorded proof incase of an accident. I've viewed the recordings and it's easy to pull up on a computer and the imaging is very, very clear! I can't believe how great this is and the price is under $80.00! I do have to mention that the camera is shipped from China. The instruction booklet is in multiple languages; there is the English section, but it's not awesome English but there are YouTube videos on this camera to learn the different options if you feel you need to. Customer support, i.e., Cassie, has been very polite and professional and wants to earn your business. If you're in the market to have a safety net in your vehicle with all the crazy road-rage people out there, this is the camera system you should get. I even pulled the headliner and ran the cables under it for the back camera and I'm female, so you know it's easy.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 15, 2015
Got this as a precaution. I deliver pizza for a reputable pizza chain and tired of dealing with idiotic drivers cutting me off and brake checking me. Then wanna call in and complain about me. I really love this camera. Can do instant playback take still photos also. With the memory card comes with it can store almost 3 hours of video or 7000+pictures. Haven't figured out if can auto delete oldest video or if only manual deletion. Video/Picture is amazingly great quality when played back on laptop or pc. Would recommend! !
on February 22, 2014
If you order this camera you'll need to wait awhile, presumably because it is being drop-shipped from China. Took a little over three weeks to get mine.

The English instructions are incomplete and badly translated. The Chinese instructions aren't a whole lot better. Both lack any discussion at all of the operating software.

Fortunately, you can find a pretty good walk-through on Youtube, here: http://youtu.be/X16kiyDtTms

The box isn't the same and some of the cabling has changed, but the camera reviewed is the same.

Once you've read the "manual" and watched the video, set aside another 40 mins or so to install the camera, as you must snake a lot of wiring through your car.

After you've set everything up, the camera works fine. It even produces reasonably crisp capture at night.
on April 16, 2014
Best dash cam for the price. Was missing a part in the box. I contacted the seller and they were very helpful and courteous sent out the missing part immediately without any additional cost to me.
The instructions in English are somewhat unclear but if you fool around with the menu settings and button combinations you can figure it out.
I'd really like to see these guys put out a comprehensive DVD or video on the use of this product. Especially how to save portions of the looped recording into the partition area of the card...how much of the recording is saved before and after...something to explain the 'less obvious' functions this dash cam is capable of.
on March 7, 2014
Don't expect to find an easily operated camera with this unit. The writeen manual is a joke. The unit does not allow date and time to be changed. The spherical aberation sucks.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
It doesn’t really matter which “brand” name you see this little dashboard cam listed under here on Amazon.com, they are all the same. You get a front camera with a small LCD screen to view the action and see the menu options, a rear view camera, USB cord, Power cord, suction cup and adhesive attachments and a remote control.

The cables are plenty long enough to set this up and hide the cables in a standard car (not sure about an SUV).

The cameras are cheap plastic units that feel like they could be easily broken. They do rotate so that you can try to get the best angle/view.

The instructions are pretty much useless as is the remote control. I found the remote only works to turn the unit off/on, which you do not need since the unit starts with your car and shuts off after the car power turns off.

There is NO infrared (IR) ability, even though it is advertised as such.

There is supposedly an internal battery, if there is it lasts less then 5 minutes.

The unit will not overwrite the files as the instructions say. You actually have to swap out, reformat or empty your SD card when it is full. Otherwise the unit will get in a loop of turning on and immediately turning off (which makes it hard to format the card in the unit at that point.

My rear camera kept falling off the window. Adhesive stuck to the window but the camera came away from the adhesive. Had to glue the camera to the adhesive that was still on the window to get it to stay.

This does not record in HD. Video quality is often spotty and unfocused. I have had clear results and very bad results with choppy footage and frozen frames.

I have mine set for 5 min record time but it will not record more than 1 minute at a time no matter what I do. Sometimes it does not even record at all (missing footage when I go back and review my drive).

For the price I will keep it until it dies completely. While I have not had to rely on the footage for any accidents it has captured some of the idiots out there on the highways.

It also messes with your radio reception.
on July 20, 2014
This is a great little camera system. I'd definitely recommend it and I have to all my friends. With all the scammers out there this system is worth its weight in gold. I paid about $50.00 for it and it was a steal. I did upgrade the memory card to a class 10, it comes with a class 4. The main unit camera looks great even at night, the rear camera has less resolution but still does a great job. The only reasons I don't give it five stars is because sometimes I have to unplug then re plug in the rear camera for the image to appear on the screen, it stills records even if the display doesn't show the rear image. I just like to see the image. And the instructions are terrible. I don't know what they were thinking but they need to get someone who knows English a little better because there are misspellings on the unit and if you want the instructions to show you how to use the unit forget it. You're just going to have to play around with it awhile to figure it out, luckily it wasn't too difficult to figure out. This little guy could save you tens of thousands if you're in a accident and save you some hassle if you get pulled over by the police. Everyone knows the police treat you better if they know they're being recorded. So yes buy this unit today