Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on July 30, 2012
First off, its 10-30x magnification, according to the instruction pamphlet. Using it that seems more likely than 15-55x

Looking at the moon as an example, less than half the size of a dime at arm's length, using this monocular on the lowest setting increased the size to the point I could see individual craters. Increasing it to its maximum setting, although very hard to keep steady and to focus compared to lower settings, the moon took up about 80% of the view.

It's an extremely nice monocular for the price, although I wouldn't recommend it for stargazing, I only used the moon as an example everyone could relate to.

I highly recommend this product for any and all purposes you would use binoculars for, because of its low price, compact design, and wide range of the zoom function.

I use it on mid-low settings more often because it takes a very steady hand and patience to focus it on its maximum setting (every movement of your hand is magnified 30x or 55x w/e the max is) I would definitely suggest getting a tripod for its maximum setting because of this, but it works fine held by hand on its lower settings.

If your just looking for something to keep in your car, purse, backpack, or for casual sightseeing, definitely purchase one of these. By no means are they the highest quality, but a great value for under 20$
0Comment|270 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2012
Initially, I was skeptical about the monocular. Couldn't find any other reviews for this particular one, but 15 dollars is a minor amount to spend. Got it not too long ago, and I must say, it's impressive. I cannot think of any real downside except trying to stay steady when you're zoomed up to 55x, which there's a socket for a tripod to help with keeping steady.

Isn't the product's fault, but 55x21 doesn't capture a lot of light. It's good for use during the day, but if you're in a heavily shaded area or it's twilight, your view is going to be very dark.
0Comment|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2012
I was surprised at the good quality that I was getting . It resembles a spotting scope that would cost more than 10 times what I paid for . And the zooming is neat also . Good quality and definitely not a toy .
on November 25, 2013
This works surprisingly well. I bought this on a whim since it was so cheap. I was having difficulty spotting rounds at a 100m shooting range with my old 10x25 binoculars. This helps a lot with the distance. The only difficulty is stabilizing your arm so you can see clearly at 55x. For $14 bucks, it was a good purchase, though.
on August 27, 2012
Dont be fooled by negative reviews, they are comparing this with something that costs many times more. This will not give you the image of a $60 10x50 monocular, but it will give you a usable image for scanning at low powers. It also has a tripod screw to mount and avoid the vibrations in monoculars. Again, for the price, this is very good. Fiel of view is not the widest, but again, we are talking about a monocular that costs as much as a drink in a NY bar.

Five stars for price/image ratio.
on June 27, 2012
Very good optics and image quality, and picture looks very nice even with dim light, in the evening or indoors. Looks like real 55x on high zoom, but for me it seems more than claimed 15x on low zoom. something like 25x or so.

Considering its price it is really MUCH better than I expected to receive.

P.S. And disregard other reviews, I can easily hold it with high zoom and have a comfortable view.
on November 7, 2015
Pretty cool for what it is - get the phone clip for pretty good photos up to 200 feet away - my attached photo is from about 150-200 feet. It's focus is adjustable, then your phone camera is important too - try different settings if you can. With an iPhone 6, I took this photo of an Osprey near my home. The clip (not included) worked well for my iPhone 6 and is very adjustable to other phone sizes.
review image
on June 9, 2013
I previously bought a bushnell monocular (http://list.qoo10.sg/item/BUSHNELL-16X52-66M-8000M-DAY-NIGHT/410011835) which worked pretty well.
However, this is even better as:
1) It has an extra zoom control
2) Additional tripod mount hole
3) It's lighter and more compact.
Comes with a case, a wiping cloth and a cover for the viewing end.
Highly recommended.
on January 27, 2014
(Almost) no complaints about this nifty little product. I bought one for me and for my partner as well. It works fine and if it's too jiggly then you need to either hold it more steadily or zoom out a little, is all. Only complaint is that I wish the cap were attached to the rest of it with a little string so I didn't have to always worry about losing it (which I'm sure will eventually happen).

If you're creative, you can even manage to take digital photos through it (as if your camera had a powerful zoom lens). But only if you don't mind your photos being round, hehe. I did this to get some good shots of an adolescent brown bear from a distance.
on October 18, 2012
I purchased this because I misplaced my binoculars and I had some Amazon money to spend. Initial impressions on receiving this are that it was smaller than I anticipated, almost concealable in the palm of my hand (but I could have read the dimensions and been forewarned). Mine came in a plastic bag inside a bag with a drying gel pack, was shipped in a bubblewrap lined envelope, and with a removable cap for the eyepiece but not for the other end, a lens cloth, a strap (with no directions for attachment), and it has a removable screw cover for the tripod mount socket. What bothers me is that, when fixed to my tripod, I can't operate the magnification or focus controls due to the location of the mounting socket. When using it, it's useful to zoom in from low to high magnification to center in on an object. At full magnification, I concur with other reviewers that it doesn't collect much light and is really more suitable for bright conditions at a long distance. Finally, the instructions for use were in Spanish (however, it only has 2 controls, so it is intuitive). For under 15 dollars, I can't complain too much. I do find the tripod probably is not needed since sitting with elbows resting on chair arms holds it steady enough. But while standing, I cannot hold it still enough to read a sign 200 feet away. I am regretting the purchase to some extent, kind of wishing I had gone with a binocular and will probably be doing that soon.
22 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse