Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

Color: Mini DisplayPort to VGAChange

on December 14, 2013
I have tons of these adapters, some are cheap, some are expensive. This one has a high rate of defect. Buy 4 and expect 2 of them not to work. Horrible. It's almost just worth buying the $30 adapter if you your time is worth $10 per hour or more. I wish amazon would show the rate of returns on their website so we knew which products did this.
22 comments30 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2013
Does not appear to work with Mac's with a Retina display. All the external screen did was jitter, flicker and go on and off. I tried this on multiple monitors and all had the same problem.
99 comments37 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 1, 2013
I recently lost the Thunderbolt to VGA adapter that I bought with my Apple MacBook AIr. I was about to leave to give a seminar and I needed a replacement. I saw that I could order an OEM from Apple though Amazon for $29.95, but then also saw this one for $9.25. Having had the experience of ordering several new iPhone 5 USB cables from another vendor for far less than the Apple price that also worked perfectly, I thought I would give this a shot. Bottom line - it works exactly as the OEM piece and is also an inch or two longer in case you need the extra length for some reason. No reason at all to pay $29.95 when you can get the same functionality for $9.215.

Highly Recommended.

J.M. Tepper
55 comments12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2012
Wanted a cheap mini display to vga adapter for my HP Envy 14 for using with external projector. Had used the expensive Apple one before. This one is great. Looks and works as good as the Apple's adapter. No problems so far. Will definitely recommend.
on November 30, 2012
I have an old Dell external monitor that I wanted to use with my new Macbook Pro. This converter worked perfectly right out of the box and cost a fraction of the price for the same thing at the Apple store.
on January 9, 2013
Feels like a quality unit and works as expected.
I purchased this for my Lenovo W530. I'm now running 4 external monitors while in the dock. Two DVI and 1 VGA on the dock... and with this adapter, a fourth using the miniDP port.
Yay!
on February 5, 2013
It works with BMP retina. plus its cheaper than Apple. Can't complain at all. I tried similar products but this one works.
on January 9, 2013
Ordered the HDE (fulfilled by Amazon) Mini DisplayPort to VGA Female Adaptor for Mac™ and received exactly what I saw in the photo. The male VGA end from the monitor/projector can be screwed into the female end of this adapter for a secure connection. On my MacBook Pro (Early 2011) it seems to work just like the Apple adapter. I'll update this review if I encounter any premature aging or wearing of the adapter.
on November 5, 2013
Doesn't work at all. Waste of time and money. First time I've been burned on something I've bought at Amazon.
on November 6, 2013
Should've suspected something with the chain of people getting defective products. Mine breaks the connection every 1-5 minutes, screen goes black, takes many seconds to come back. I'll buy the official product just to avoid this mess again! I'm glad Amazon returns are easy.

EDIT:
The company was very professional with handling an exchange. I got a replacement that finally worked. The screen sometimes jitters, but it's not too noticeable. The resolution is pristine and the cable is intact and pretty nice. Thanks for solving my problem, but please get things right the first time!