Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on December 8, 2011
Hooked it up, searched in youtube for relevant video to determine settings to send vid and audio to tv. Did not plug into my home theatre receiver yet only because it was just a quick hookup. Initially, without tweaking any settings on the mac all I got was the wallpaper of the mac. After viewing the youtube video, this is how I did the settings:
1) go to Systems Preferences, click on Display (the menu will be seen on the tv)
2) click on Arrangement and click on Mirror Display
3) go back to the menu and click Sound and select hdmi cable and that will get the sound through hdmi to your tv.
and that's all there is to it. The link I used was
[...]
And under $9 for the cable. Not bad.
Update 5/9/2012 - connected to a/v receiver and watched a netflix streamed movie. Worked perfectly. A note of caution, if you purchase an extension to use with this cable you may not get the result you want. I got "unsupported signal...." with a skinny 10 ft cable. Other reviewers said the same thing for that cable. You might be better off opting for a longer mini display port to hdmi instead.
1414 comments60 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2013
Works for Surface Pro. Lots cheaper than Microsoft. I wish it was black rather than Apple white, but that doesn't affect function.
0Comment57 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2013
Excellent! Works well in 720p. Apple --> System Preferences --> Sound --> Select the HDMI device to get sound to come through the TV.
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2013
I've been using this cable for about two weeks now in order to connect my mid-2009 macbook pro to my new LED-LCD monitor. It works great! The cable seems to be constructed decently and the ends seem to fit fine without much jiggle. I will say that on the macbook side of the cable, I'm using a cable clip to just relieve some potential strain that the cable could pose on the computer (this isn't necessary, but I just don't want to risk port damage over time).

I'll address one more thing. If you want to connect your mac to an HDMI monitor/tv, you could either use a cable like this, or an adapter like (http://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Female-Adapter-Cable-Macbook/dp/B008X6C4I4/ref=sr_1_18?m=A3V6BK4D0HKA8F&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362155897&sr=1-18). The only reason you might want to go with an adapter is if you already have an extra HDMI cable, or you frequently hook your computer up to projection/presentation equipment. Keep in mind that HDMI is a digital signal, so even a cheap cable should be fine. It's not like analog, where extra shielding can make a big difference).

Anyways, I'd recommend this cable highly.
on December 21, 2012
It really works well. I did end up having to use an aux cord for sound, my macbook pro was purchased in early 2010. Apparently middle 2010 they updated the hdmi output thing to include sound. So just know that if you purchased your macbook pro early in 2010 or before you will need an aux cord too.

I'm very satisfied with the picture of the screen on my tv, I didn't expect it to look so clear!!
33 comments16 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2013
Great quality product for great value. No need for additional connectors. Connects directly from Mac to TV via HDMI.
Quick to connect, reliable and durable.
on December 31, 2013
Connects directly from macbook pro mini display port to hdmi tv input connection, video and audio works well.
Now I can watch my favorite videos directly from my mac to TV

Update:
After a while it doesn't work anymore, and if it does, it is unstable. I am not sure if its a cable issue or a problem with the mac hardware.
on November 25, 2012
I have used this cable for 5 months now, and it is dead. Signal still goes through, but there are blue artifacts all over the image, and the quality it self is shaky. It worked good for a while, but the plastic is not durable, and the components are cheaply built. Pay a few dollars more for a better cable.
on August 10, 2013
Yeah this is definitely a great cable and makes the whole connection really simple. I didn't realize it was this easy, otherwise I would have done it sooner. The audio works just fine and the video is as good as it could be, it seems, especially for this price.
on May 31, 2014
Spend an extra 10 dollars on a nicer cord. The connection to the computer fell apart and shortly after stopped working.

I do not recommend.