4.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine!!
Got one first at a wine store for 3 times the price I got it here. It worked so well, that my friend took it with him. I got now 3, one for me and 2 more for family. I tried the Venturi at a friend's house, and I found that both have the same effect on flavor over wine.
Published on March 27, 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse aerator ever!!!
Published on February 22, 2011 by Gustavo

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse aerator ever!!!, February 22, 2011
This review is from: HDE Aerating Decanting Spout for Wine Bottles (Kitchen)
I've been using wine aerators almost 3 years, I have Vinturi, VinoAir, Rabbit Aerator by Metrokane and Menu. But the Menu could't be considered an aerator, it doesn't aerates the wine at all. It is only a wine pourer nothing else. If you are looking for a wine pourer and aerator, I strongly recommend VinoAir. But if you would like the best aerator, choose Vinturi or Magic Decanter (both aerators are exactly the same, the difference is the price) if you decide to pay more for vinturi, it will be only for the brand.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not what you expect to be, October 9, 2010
This review is from: HDE Aerating Decanting Spout for Wine Bottles (Kitchen)
I have been looking for one of those aerators like the Vinturi, then I saw this on Amazon and I thought this was going to be a better option since it attaches directly to the bottle and should work just like the vinturi - and is much cheaper!
After I got it I realized that it has a design flaw, The little hole that on the Venturi allows air to come in and mix with the wine, instead with this unit it only allows air into the bottle so that wine can flow out of the bottle. In this process there is no mixing of air with the wine at all.
I decided then to purchase a vinturi which really work as promised.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for.., October 8, 2010
James Miller Esq (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HDE Aerating Decanting Spout for Wine Bottles (Kitchen)
I have bought the Venturi, a Venturi-like spout, and this wine aerator. These are plastic and don't move as much air through the wine. The others are heavier and have the distinctive "gurgling" sound and really round out the wines. Using the Venturi like ones, even a cheap red tastes better. The flute like one moves some air and are better than pouring out of the bottle but don't do the same job as the others.

So if you're wanting to save some money and want to try one it's better than nothing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine!!, March 27, 2011
This review is from: HDE Aerating Decanting Spout for Wine Bottles (Kitchen)

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive - Good Value - Great No Drip Pourer, May 25, 2012
This review is from: HDE Aerating Decanting Spout for Wine Bottles (Kitchen)
I cannot compare this to any other aerator. This is the only one I've tried. The quality and finish are good not high end luxury. Think Chevy not Lexus but it seems to get you where you want to go. I chose this for a couple of reasons. First, the type of aerator. There're are some lovely looking units out there ($$$) and looking at the design they may do a slightly better job but, I break things. I didn't want a glass 'bulb' that's fragile and hard to store. Also, the idea of having to use one which you have to move from glass to glass seemed like more opportunity for me to break it or to drip wine.

They arrived on time, in little plastic bags. If you're looking to make a gift of them you'll need a nice box But if you just want the spouts, it's great. I've tried a quick comparison of a decent red wine poured with and without and the aerated glass did taste smoother...better. My sense is that if you really want to improve the wine, you could pour the bottle into a decanter, funnel it back to the bottle and then pour and serve using the aeration a second time. Pouring with the aerator is not going to make you happy if you're trying to pour quickly for lots of people. The aeration takes time. My guess is that it takes about 2.5-3x longer to fill a glass. Not a problem for regular use.

1.0 out of 5 stars In a word, this is junk, November 30, 2011
This review is from: HDE Aerating Decanting Spout for Wine Bottles (Kitchen)
The idea was that this would be a compact, easy to use, easy to clean aerator spout. I liked the idea of it serving the dual purpose as a spout.

As a spout, it works fine. However, as an aerator it is a total failure. Aeration requires that air be drawn into the downstream flow of the wine through the spout. Because of the fact that this spout is sealed into the bottle opening, most (if not all) of the air drawn into the vent holes is pulled upstream into the bottle to break the vacuum and allow the wine to flow. Virtually none of the air is drawn into the downstream flow of the wine through the spout and, therefore, there is no aeration.

I tried tilting the bottle to varying degrees and rotating the bottle so the spout was upside down (that was a mess). No improvement was attained by either means.

In order for this sort of design to work, it seems necessary that there be a separate source for air to flow into the bottle which would then theoretically allow the venturi feed of air to actually aerate the wine. In order to test my theory, I experimented with this idea by placing a funnel in the bottle side of the spout and pouring the wine into the funnel and through the aerator spout. This broke the vacuum in the bottle and allowed venturi air to actually aerate the wine -- not very well, but better than when used as designed.

I do NOT recommend this product. In my opinion, it is junk.

5.0 out of 5 stars wine at its best, August 9, 2010
This review is from: HDE Aerating Decanting Spout for Wine Bottles (Kitchen)
A friend had a aerating decater and demonstrated the difference between aerated and non-aerated wine. Because i like red wine, and my wife prefers white, we decided to by two spouts. What a difference in the taste and smell. You can tell that we are really not wine coniseurs by our terms, but it does make a difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, good service, July 4, 2010
Trilby G. Plants (Murrells Inlet, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HDE Aerating Decanting Spout for Wine Bottles (Kitchen)
Fast shipping, product as described. Does a great job for less than half what other similar products cost.

2.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't mix in air, March 30, 2011
This review is from: HDE Aerating Decanting Spout for Wine Bottles (Kitchen)
I was turned onto wine aerators at a vineyard I visited in California. There was a huge difference in flavor and texture compared without aeration, but they wanted $40 for the little plastic toy. I figured that just about everything in California is more expensive, so I went shopping at home. I bought this exact model from a wine store for $7, and it does not do what the $40 model did. Not even close.

I suppose if you've never tried an aerator before, you might enjoy this, as it fluffs up the wine a little bit. But I've tasted the luxury models and I can't go back. I'll be purchasing the $27 Vinturi here on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't drink wine without it!, August 9, 2010
M. Fig "MrsFig" (Surf City, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HDE Aerating Decanting Spout for Wine Bottles (Kitchen)
I bought two for my husband for Father's Day last year and have received so many compliments on our wine, even 2buck chuck. It brings out the flavors in the wine and for such a cheap price, you just can't beat these. My girlfriends just came over for last night and now everyone wants one for Christmas!

HDE Aerating Decanting Spout for Wine Bottles
$19.99 $1.71
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies