Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Price:$5.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on February 22, 2011
I've been using wine aerators almost 3 years, I have Vinturi, VinoAir, Rabbit Aerator by Metrokane and Menu. But the Menu could't be considered an aerator, it doesn't aerates the wine at all. It is only a wine pourer nothing else. If you are looking for a wine pourer and aerator, I strongly recommend VinoAir. But if you would like the best aerator, choose Vinturi or Magic Decanter (both aerators are exactly the same, the difference is the price) if you decide to pay more for vinturi, it will be only for the brand.
on October 9, 2010
I have been looking for one of those aerators like the Vinturi, then I saw this on Amazon and I thought this was going to be a better option since it attaches directly to the bottle and should work just like the vinturi - and is much cheaper!
After I got it I realized that it has a design flaw, The little hole that on the Venturi allows air to come in and mix with the wine, instead with this unit it only allows air into the bottle so that wine can flow out of the bottle. In this process there is no mixing of air with the wine at all.
I decided then to purchase a vinturi which really work as promised.
on October 8, 2010
I have bought the Venturi, a Venturi-like spout, and this wine aerator. These are plastic and don't move as much air through the wine. The others are heavier and have the distinctive "gurgling" sound and really round out the wines. Using the Venturi like ones, even a cheap red tastes better. The flute like one moves some air and are better than pouring out of the bottle but don't do the same job as the others.

So if you're wanting to save some money and want to try one it's better than nothing.
on November 30, 2011
The idea was that this would be a compact, easy to use, easy to clean aerator spout. I liked the idea of it serving the dual purpose as a spout.

As a spout, it works fine. However, as an aerator it is a total failure. Aeration requires that air be drawn into the downstream flow of the wine through the spout. Because of the fact that this spout is sealed into the bottle opening, most (if not all) of the air drawn into the vent holes is pulled upstream into the bottle to break the vacuum and allow the wine to flow. Virtually none of the air is drawn into the downstream flow of the wine through the spout and, therefore, there is no aeration.

I tried tilting the bottle to varying degrees and rotating the bottle so the spout was upside down (that was a mess). No improvement was attained by either means.

In order for this sort of design to work, it seems necessary that there be a separate source for air to flow into the bottle which would then theoretically allow the venturi feed of air to actually aerate the wine. In order to test my theory, I experimented with this idea by placing a funnel in the bottle side of the spout and pouring the wine into the funnel and through the aerator spout. This broke the vacuum in the bottle and allowed venturi air to actually aerate the wine -- not very well, but better than when used as designed.

I do NOT recommend this product. In my opinion, it is junk.
on March 27, 2011
Got one first at a wine store for 3 times the price I got it here. It worked so well, that my friend took it with him. I got now 3, one for me and 2 more for family. I tried the Venturi at a friend's house, and I found that both have the same effect on flavor over wine.
on August 20, 2015
Ok, I'll start with saying... I love wine items. I have gotten into tasting and enjoying wines over the past few years, and I have bought various aerators and decanters and other items related to wine. I bought this item when I was going through a stage where I was comparing aerators. I still have it today, and still pull it out on occasion. It is effectively being compared to a Vinturi aerator and other "stopper" types that I have.

Now, I'll freely admit this one doesn't do as good a job as the Vinturi, which is why it gets 4 stars rather than 5.
If you use this, it probably opens the wines up about 50-75% as well as the top of the line types, but that is still a lot better than not using anything at all (assuming you want to open a bottle of red and use it right away - which lets be honest, is what most of us want to do). This was based on taste tests between various models on various reds and comparing pours using 1. no aerator, 2-4. various aerators and then tasting.

One thing I do like, is that if you seat it properly in the bottle, you get a nice pouring spout. Granted, you have to trust the aerator to stay in (it always has for me) because in order to get the best aeration you can from this, you have to tip the bottle significantly (as true for all stopper types).

So, it has always worked well for me and for the money spent, I think it's worth having it in the drawer for wine tastings.

An alternative perk... many people may not even notice if there is a taste difference (so sad but true) but they will think it special that you used something like this.
on January 22, 2014
When I saw 4/5 stars for this item, I decided to order three of them. They were shipped directly from China and took 15 business days (21 calendar days) to arrive. The long deliver time was projected by Amazon, so I wasn't shocked. But when they arrived 2 of the 3 items were broken. With both, the plastic intake funnel where the wine enters was broken in two pieces and stuck inside.

So obviously I initiated a return... Only problem is Amazon requires you SHIP IT BACK TO CHINA at a cost greater than just buying a new one. Regardless, I'm not going to take any chances when only one out three arrive unbroken.
on September 12, 2012
I own several "Vinturi" as well as other brands of aerators... this one is my favorite. I pour wine as a job and I find these perfect. They attach easily on most bottles, unlike most brands that you have to hold, or use a stand or put a straw down the bottle. They make almost no noise at all, unlike all other brands that slurp and burble loudly enough to disrupt shows and conversations. The spout makes them drip and splash free, even when you're rushed and pouring quickly for a bunch of people. Finally, you can be really precise in how much you pour with these because the pour is slowed down to an exacting amount, which is really handy when pouring for tastings.

I will probably buy even more of these. I'm ready to give away all my old aerators.

Oh - and if you doubt such a handy piece can do the same job as a good decanter, think again. I've poured before/after and after/before comparisons on many wines and there is a very distinct difference that is easy to notice.

The only thing that could possibly improve these would be a built in air tight stopper attachment.
on September 26, 2014
This wine aerator cost me 79 cents including shipment from some obscure province in China.
And, it was worth every penny of the price until I read in the newspaper that the Chinese have discovered a loophole in a trade agreement that makes the U.S.Postal Service at taxpayers expense subsidize the cost of shipment.Not good.
I can't really rate how well it works because the seal of the aerator is too small for many wine bottles and the wine pours around and out the neck and makes a huge mess.
As I stated,worth all 79 cents of the price!
on May 2, 2012
I bought 2 identical Aerators, (A) the "Aerating Decanting Spout" $4.85 and B) "Menu Selection Decantign Pourer" $15.28 basically the products are identical, but product (A) seems to be from the reject pile because the rubber at the base isn't on as tight and the packaging is very generaic, no brand name on it. I have to say I like choice B better.

I'm going to use for when I go to restaurants as these are more compact to travel with vs. my Vinturi.