5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain
I took off the cheap band and put on a new band that I bought from a local big-box store. It works very well, is fun to use and is a very good conversational piece. A lot of oooh ing and aaahhh ing when I push the activation people for people. I did not take off a star for the band because the watch itself is so cool.
Published 14 months ago by blacklight

3.0 out of 5 stars it's very cool, but the quality is meh.
Published 23 months ago by ejj

3.0 out of 5 stars it's very cool, but the quality is meh., December 30, 2012
This review is from: HDE Men's Binary Code Digital Display LED Watch with Faux Croc Leather Band (Watch)
i received this watch in the mail 2 days ago. right out of the bag, it had a few faint scratches underneath the glass. the watch wristband was very stiff. a little too stiff i guess, because my first time putting it on, the buckle got ripped off the pins it was attached to! although disappointing, i managed to get it back on after 5 minutes of struggling. also, the instruction manual says nothing about the automatic 15 minute light up option. i'm assuming that's because it's poorly translated from Japanese or Chinese. i can't tell.

other than that, the watch concept is pretty cool. when you turn it on, the watch does a cool blinking thing, in which it blinks every light like a countdown sequence, then shows the time. the time is only displayed at the click of either button. the light stays on for about three seconds, which is just enough time to add up all the numbers.

i would have given this watch 5 stars, but i took off 1 for the buckle, and another 1 for the semi faint scratches that light up every time you turn the watch on.

oh, and their shipping is extremely fast! i'm very pleased with it overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain, September 10, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fun, October 18, 2013
As a watch its not real useful. But as a conversation piece its great. Nothing like needing to do some math every time you try to tell the time. The display only lights up when you press the button, and when you do it has to cycle over all the lights on the display first before it lights the necessary points. Its fun, it functions, Quality band, nice feeling buttons and face. No complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different and awesome, January 13, 2014
I love watches, especially the ones that appeal to the science/math geek in me. What better way to tell time than the binary way. It looks great,band is nifty and gives my brain a work out. It's also super easy to set time and date. Friendly people,very helpful,and fast shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, December 5, 2013
works great shipping was pretty fast! i get compliments on this watch regularly! i work with children that always ask me what time it is so when i show them the wacth the get supper confused and i get a laugh out of it! =]

4.0 out of 5 stars Flashy (Pun Intended), April 23, 2014
I really like this watch. I understand some concerns from other reviews but I have had no problems with this watch. It is a tad hard to operate at first and the wrist band is somewhat rough but after a few uses, it has met all expectations. I took a star off because the lights dont stay lit long enough for me to calculate the minutes. Unless you are rainman, which, hit me up because I could use some lessons, you will be pushing the buttons a few time to figure out the minutes.

Great watch though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Head turner!, November 23, 2013
Okay, the band is not great quality. In fact, it was pretty hard so the first thing that I did was bend it to make it flexible. The instructions (written in poor english) are easy to follow.

Pressing the top button shows the time, pressing it a second time shows the date. Pressing a button and then holding down the 2nd button sets the time and/or date.

I believe it also lights up every 5 minutes. I see it come on randomly. Very cool watch for geeks (like me).

5.0 out of 5 stars The twinkle in his eye., November 23, 2013
My husband said "I really enjoy this watch, being an IT it is easy to read because I can subnet." It was interesting to have to figure it out. The way it was written on the manual was all jumbled and confusing, but I eventually figured it out. It is so cool and my husband was like a little kid and didn't want to wait to get this for Christmas!

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, I wouldn't suggest purchasing it., June 29, 2014
Cool looking watch. Great conversation starter. Unfortunately, it's not an every day watch. It requires you have both hands available for reading the time as you HAVE to press the button to light it up. This makes it hard to use if you're just doing day to day tasks like driving, or holding a beverage in your hand. The biggest negative, however, is the write band. The band is so poor quality I never even got to use it. It just constantly snapped off every time I put the watch on. I simply removed the band and replaced it with one that I already had, which fortunately was the same size. I wouldn't recommend this watch, unless of course you really like the novelty aspect of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool watch and easy to use., December 26, 2013
This is a cool watch and easy to read. Some of the new LED watches are a bit hard to time from but this watch is cool looking and relatively easy to tell the time from. Has a great light show and easy to set.