5.0 out of 5 stars Work pretty good
For $23 this little camera works very well. Becareful not to lose the litlte spring that goes inside of the antenna.
Published 21 months ago by Mike Bullough

1.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE: Gets Hot! dropped from 3 stars to 1!
Published 12 months ago by Vance

1.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE: Gets Hot! dropped from 3 stars to 1!, September 17, 2013
This review is from: HDE Pinhole Mini Wireless Camera CCTV Security Video Surveillance (Camera)
I originally wanted these for a custom nanny cam idea so I ordered 2. I took a chance on the price vs reviews and compared to the other types in the price range, this seemed to fair much better (esp vs the clock cam item!). So I hooked it up first on a HD flat screen with auto motion/screen adjust to test it and it was not good. However, when you hook it up to a CRT tube TV or computer monitor, it is fine! There is color, you can adjust the focus and the camera is comparable to a slightly larger cube of sugar. The best part is it comes with the constant power supply - plug in normal voltage AND a 9volt cord for true wireless placement. There is audio but the mics appear to be on the sides and it can be low so I wouldn't count on picking up low conversations unless closely mounted. I tested the range which I have a 2 floor 2300 sq ft colonial and I left the receiver in the south most guest room and took the wireless cam down to the north most living room..it was ok but had static and buzzing. Best compromise is if you want it on different floors, then setup in the room above/below the receiver and it works better. You can hook this up screen direct viewing or into a DVR/laptop/VCR as long as it has RCA inputs.

Pros:
- Dual power for wireless cam
- Sugar cube sized
- adjustable focus
- color pic
- has audio but limited performance
- lightweight cam and receiver
- Price

Cons:
- mediocre audio performance if any
- very narrow range to fine tune
- range subjective to your environment/house
- does warm up some in use (not sure if I'm very concerned at that at this point)
- Cannot be used on HD flat screens with auto adjusting screens without it being confused, it will flicker when camera signal spazzes
- Wire points could use some reinforcing (I would silicone the base of the wires entering the cam to support/stiffen it)so it decreases the chance of getting pulled out

UPDATE: 10/10/2013 - Above is my original post - this is an update after a month or so of straight usage -

I was repositioning my cameras because I wanted better angles and I hooked a separate DVR to the interior cams vs the exterior security cams. Holy Jesus I guess after some use these things really heat up! It was a good thing I didn't stuff them in plush animals or by curtains. The power connection point and the mini cam itself was actually pretty hot! Out of curiosity, I used my automotive infrared heat scanner. After about 20 min or so, the ac power connection point averaged about 116 degrees F and the camera itself was at 96 degrees F! I am not sure what to say about that, I'm shocked and I certainly am weary about leaving them unattended now. Perhaps I should count my blessings that i've used them for a month and my house didn't burn down? I can't say that I noted my wired cams getting this hot so I will check them when I can gain access to them but I unhooked these 2 cams for now. Thank god it was wireless so at least I didn't have to start yanking wires...still shocked

For what it's worth: Fact - it is still functioning despite the temperature, still has better picture than my swann wired cams, I will not install it by curtains or inside plush animals, I will not leave this on while away from home, the price of other wireless spy cams even in "professional" grade has about a 3 star rating give or take but they can run up to the hundreds. At 20 bucks a unit and it is still functioning, I will just find another part time usage since I can't return it. Maybe I will use it outdoor when the dog and kid are in the yard playing or something..

2/9/2014: Question: has anyone tried a 5V power supply? I have seen similar online but a couple have a 5V power supply and I was wondering if that makes a difference. I had a 3V but it wasn't strong enough to give a proper signal, it was on but the signal power was useless to the point where I didn't get a steady pic in the same room. It seems it needs a decent amount of power for a good signal to send but I'm hoping perhaps if I find a good balance I may use this without it burning. I really need anoth cam in another part of the house where the nanny goes but trying to run wires to it is very complex. Thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible product, February 8, 2013
doesnt work,, the camera heats up so fast and has no picture. its not worth the money, dont buy this item,, waste of time

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound and video, March 6, 2013
Very poor sound recording. too much background noises. Video is hard to tunning and picture is not clear even in close range.

1.0 out of 5 stars Item DOA., October 22, 2013
As was stated in a previous review. Camera was very hot with 9V plug.

Antenna was very difficult to screw on.

Connected via video output to TV nothing.

Turned the tuning dial nothing.

Tried the camera with a 9V battery nothing.

Basically you get what you paid for.

Returned for refund!

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not reccomend even though it is a good idea for a camera., March 7, 2013
It worked well for a week and stopped working after that. Good idea but not very durable. I would not suggest purchasing product.

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK!, July 11, 2013
THIS IS JUNK !!!! don't even think of buying this thing ! lousy audio and video ! looks great but doesn't work .

5.0 out of 5 stars Work pretty good, December 11, 2012
Mike Bullough (Thornton, CO, US) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Power supplies failed, but video works pretty good, September 12, 2013
It tested good right out of the box, and I installed it in a halloween prop for use. Then when testing again, the receiver power supply failed. It took a while to figure that problem out. Basically, I had intermittent power at the receiver indicated by the red power LED. I finally looked at the LED on the power supply and realized that was the problem. (So I'm slow, you benefit my honesty.) Once I used another spare power supply that I had, I still could not get a picture on the TV. In checking out the camera end of the problem, I checked the power supply and found that not working. Once that was replaced, the picture came right in and worked great. I'm not returning it for these problems because I intend to power it from other sources anyway once the halloween props are installed, so no big issue for me. It's still a pretty good system for the cost.

Updated 2Oct13:
Okay, so October is here and my Halloween props are up. The camera worked pretty well for about 20 minutes, and then the picture started "rolling" horizontally. Those of us familiar with older TV's remember trying to adjust the hold knob on the back to stop the vertical rolling. It was annoying then and it's annoying now. The problem is that there isn't a knob on the back of this to adjust. I'm going to try opening the case on the receiver to see if there is an adjustment screw. The picture isn't bad if you don't mind seeing it steadily pass by.

The sound is poor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Catching the bad people, March 18, 2013
David (VIRGINIA, USA) - See all my reviews
some trouble tuning, but seems to work well overall. Think it will come in handy as to who keeps visiting our meds while we are not home.

1.0 out of 5 stars monkey design and engineering, June 14, 2014
this product does work but you need to keep it isolated from the rest of your system. Or any other Electrical appliance of any kind it picks up RF from anything. It tunes badly because they don't have the proper potentiometer in it. It is worth the money barely. You must have a specific use for it but make sure of where you are going to use it . but you will still have to constantly retune it.it also runs hot that is due to design.don't leave it anywhere while it's on.if you do make sure your fire insurance is up to date.