4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine; Directions suck
I was almost at the point of throwing this thing away, as figuring out how it worked was an exercise in backward engineering.
There are some directions on the side of the box which of no use what-so-ever. I finally found a U Tube Video on how the thing works, [...]. It is for a different model, but at it shows exactly how to use this device.
I aligned the...
Published on July 11, 2010 by Ian

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful.
Published on January 6, 2012 by amanda

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine; Directions suck, July 11, 2010
Ian "Ian" (Glendale, Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HDE Universal Li-Ion Battery Charger with LCD Display up to 2000 mAh (Electronics)
I aligned the little prongs into position, by sliding them over. Once the prongs make contact with two of the battery contacts, (You might need your reading glasses for this), the LED display will light up, and show an image of a battery. Plug it in, and wha la, it starts charging.
It's really pretty ingeniously simple once you figure the frigging thing out, and it works great. It charged my Droid Incredible battery in about 3-4 hours, so I'm very pleased.
Not the most sturdy thing on the planet, so be gentle with it, and I guess there are more heavy duty devices out there, but, for the price it works really well, and is small enough to go with you anywhere. I also like that is doesn't need a power cord.
If you have a smart phone, and need a cool little device to charge that extra battery you're carrying in your pocket, or purse, this little gadget is ideal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Saved my cell phone, January 20, 2011
Linda M. Abbed (Central Illinois) - See all my reviews
This simple little gadget enabled me to continue using my cell phone, after it would no longer charge via wire connection. As others have mentioned, the package instructions are not written well.
Here is my version of what the correct instructions should be. Follow these instructions and you should be very happy with the results.

ATTENTION: DO NOT PLUG CHARGER INTO ELECTRICAL OUTLET UNTIL STEP 2

1. Place battery into charger clip, adjusting the charger clips to connect with battery contacts. Once the proper connection is made, the LCD screen will be lit.
2. Plug charger into electrical outlet. A battery shape will be shown on the LCD screen, with four power panes that flicker from left to right until charging is complete.
3. Once the flicker stops, the battery will have a full charge. It normally takes 1 to 2 hours to achieve a fully charged battery. Some batteries might require a longer charging time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well once you get the prongs adjusted, August 13, 2010
Iopsy (Detroit, MI) - See all my reviews
I've used this charger on the variety of Lion batteries from the cameras and cell phones lying around the house. The charger works as advertised: it charges all the different batteries I fed it as competently as any of the several battery-specific chargers I have. BUT, it takes a bit of eye-hand coordination and trial-and-error to line up the charger's moveable prongs with each battery's contacts because no two of my test batteries had the same contact spacing. I had to fiddle with the prong adjustment until they lined-up with the battery's contacts and made a good connection. With practice and a better magnifying glass, I believe I can get more proficient at adjustmenting this device. Also, the charger fits so loosely in wall sockets that the added weight of a battery makes it fall out of the socket. So I use it face up on a flat surface attached to an extension cord.
Even so, if you have a battery for which there is no available or reasonably-priced dedicated charger, this one will do the job for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful., January 6, 2012
I recieved this item and the prongs in the back to plug into the wall are rounded...not like the picture shown. So it does not plug into any of my outlets. I believe it is for a european outlet. NOT THE PICTURE SHOWN! I called the company I read the order number directly off my account and they told me it was not valid and it must not be their product. I find this completely ridiculous. I am disgusted. That was me trying to contact the business before I left my negative feedback. What a waste.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, April 24, 2010
This product is a good option if your charger port is broken. It does take a while longer to charge than having the battery in your phone, but if you like your phone buy one of these. It's pretty simple to use and compact. I have a sharp tm-150 that I use as a digital camera primarily and this product works with the battery I have. I had to put it in at somewhat of an awkward angle, but it's worthwhile nonetheless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, October 24, 2011
GW (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
While the product arrived quickly and in perfect condition, that didn't help the fact that this is a cheap piece of garbage. First, it feels quite flimsy and it is tricky (at best) to position the contacts and battery in such a way as to actually charge the battery. It took several hours to charge and after 5 days, it quite charging altogether. Don't waste your time or your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crappy, May 22, 2012
Yeah, it's universal, but so are a couple wires, a clothespin and a battery charger. You move the springs around until they touch the battery terminals and you plug it in hoping you got the polarity correct, because the springs aren't labelled +/-. I had to get a voltmeter to determine the polarity. The instructions are in Chinglish and are hilarious. I still do't know if the battery is charged or not until I put it in the phone. Don't bother.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK, March 16, 2012
I bought 3 different kinds and would go with PowerGen Multi-Purpose Universal Rapid Battery Charger. Fits more snuggly and easier to connect to plugs

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Replacement...., October 2, 2011
So I ordered this because my phone charging port is broken. My phone is a typical Verizon Env2. I was basically broke and couldnt afford a new phone etc. So I decided to look something like this up. Overall it works pretty great. I usually just charge it while I am sleeping so that I dont have to worry about how long it takes. Its pretty simple to use you just but your battery in and if the battery has any life, it will glow blue. Once you plug the device into the wall it will show charging bars. It basically saved my life. Besides the fact that its a real pain to unplug my phone every night and miss important calls/texts, the charger gets its job done. If its a phone battery you are using, I recommend you get an extra battery to charge so you can switch them out. Otherwise you will be waiting a couple hours with now phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars hell yea!, September 6, 2011
if your phone is not charging with a charger, fughetaboutit and just get this thingamajig. it's cheap and it really works! beats getting a new phone OR a new charger! SUCCESS!!

Rate and Discover Movies