Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HDE Universal Li-Ion Battery Charger with LCD Display up to 2000 mAh
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 11, 2010
I was almost at the point of throwing this thing away, as figuring out how it worked was an exercise in backward engineering.
There are some directions on the side of the box which of no use what-so-ever. I finally found a U Tube Video on how the thing works, [...]. It is for a different model, but at it shows exactly how to use this device.
I aligned the little prongs into position, by sliding them over. Once the prongs make contact with two of the battery contacts, (You might need your reading glasses for this), the LED display will light up, and show an image of a battery. Plug it in, and wha la, it starts charging.
It's really pretty ingeniously simple once you figure the frigging thing out, and it works great. It charged my Droid Incredible battery in about 3-4 hours, so I'm very pleased.
Not the most sturdy thing on the planet, so be gentle with it, and I guess there are more heavy duty devices out there, but, for the price it works really well, and is small enough to go with you anywhere. I also like that is doesn't need a power cord.
If you have a smart phone, and need a cool little device to charge that extra battery you're carrying in your pocket, or purse, this little gadget is ideal.
88 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2011
This simple little gadget enabled me to continue using my cell phone, after it would no longer charge via wire connection. As others have mentioned, the package instructions are not written well.
Here is my version of what the correct instructions should be. Follow these instructions and you should be very happy with the results.

ATTENTION: DO NOT PLUG CHARGER INTO ELECTRICAL OUTLET UNTIL STEP 2

1. Place battery into charger clip, adjusting the charger clips to connect with battery contacts. Once the proper connection is made, the LCD screen will be lit.
2. Plug charger into electrical outlet. A battery shape will be shown on the LCD screen, with four power panes that flicker from left to right until charging is complete.
3. Once the flicker stops, the battery will have a full charge. It normally takes 1 to 2 hours to achieve a fully charged battery. Some batteries might require a longer charging time.
on August 13, 2010
I've used this charger on the variety of Lion batteries from the cameras and cell phones lying around the house. The charger works as advertised: it charges all the different batteries I fed it as competently as any of the several battery-specific chargers I have. BUT, it takes a bit of eye-hand coordination and trial-and-error to line up the charger's moveable prongs with each battery's contacts because no two of my test batteries had the same contact spacing. I had to fiddle with the prong adjustment until they lined-up with the battery's contacts and made a good connection. With practice and a better magnifying glass, I believe I can get more proficient at adjustmenting this device. Also, the charger fits so loosely in wall sockets that the added weight of a battery makes it fall out of the socket. So I use it face up on a flat surface attached to an extension cord.
Even so, if you have a battery for which there is no available or reasonably-priced dedicated charger, this one will do the job for you.
on January 6, 2012
I recieved this item and the prongs in the back to plug into the wall are rounded...not like the picture shown. So it does not plug into any of my outlets. I believe it is for a european outlet. NOT THE PICTURE SHOWN! I called the company I read the order number directly off my account and they told me it was not valid and it must not be their product. I find this completely ridiculous. I am disgusted. That was me trying to contact the business before I left my negative feedback. What a waste.
on May 22, 2012
Yeah, it's universal, but so are a couple wires, a clothespin and a battery charger. You move the springs around until they touch the battery terminals and you plug it in hoping you got the polarity correct, because the springs aren't labelled +/-. I had to get a voltmeter to determine the polarity. The instructions are in Chinglish and are hilarious. I still do't know if the battery is charged or not until I put it in the phone. Don't bother.
on October 24, 2011
While the product arrived quickly and in perfect condition, that didn't help the fact that this is a cheap piece of garbage. First, it feels quite flimsy and it is tricky (at best) to position the contacts and battery in such a way as to actually charge the battery. It took several hours to charge and after 5 days, it quite charging altogether. Don't waste your time or your money.
on April 24, 2010
This product is a good option if your charger port is broken. It does take a while longer to charge than having the battery in your phone, but if you like your phone buy one of these. It's pretty simple to use and compact. I have a sharp tm-150 that I use as a digital camera primarily and this product works with the battery I have. I had to put it in at somewhat of an awkward angle, but it's worthwhile nonetheless.
on February 26, 2014
In September last year my son needed an external battery charger as the port on his phone was destroyed, making charging impossible. I ordered this one and another. Tried the other first and it worked great. A month or two later my phone's port was wrecked as well, so I began charging my batteries externally. I tried this charger out of curiosity and it was terrible. The display would indicate "full" but when I put it in the phone it was anything but. So I stuck with the other.

Last weekend however I left the reliable charger at a hotel. While waiting for them to mail it to me, I have been using this one out of sheer desperation. I was initially hopeful that it would work properly if I gave it another chance. I lined up the contacts and prongs and plugged it in. The display showed the marching bars indicating it was charging. I left it to charge all night and the next day woke to a "full" display. Put it in my phone - 20% charge. Yeah.

I have been limping along on partial charges, waiting for another one I ordered to arrive (and still waiting for the returned item from the hotel). The best charge I've gotten out of this was 57%, and that was only *after* I'd left the battery on overnight and all day. Seriously. All.Day. And I'm talking after the display said it was full.

Do not waste your money on this. There are better chargers, trust me.
on May 14, 2013
Received this product and it was DOA. The unit has poorly written, tiny tiny instructions on the box. Hard to line up the flimsy connectors (which the box calls shrapnel). Unit was DOA and since it is not supplied by Amazon, I would have to ship the unit back to them at my expense for them to replace it, which would cost more that the unit cost. My bad for not listening to negative reviews, don't let it be your bad too. Don't purchase this unit. I bought one for 9.99 now that has 350+ positive reviews... do the same.
on January 27, 2012
I have been using this charger for around 9 months now with no issues and all praise. I always wondered if it was really necessary to have a different charger for every new Li-ion phone or camera battery that came along. It is not. They all have the same voltage. They all have the same charging requirements. The only differences are the position of the contacts. The only possible reason for not standardizing them is to force one to use the overpriced batteries and chargers that come with the devices. This simple little charger will charge any of these batteries and more safely than many of original chargers because it monitors charge level and will not overcharge. It is also light, small and imminently portable as there is no cord to haul around. The prongs pop out of the back and plug directly into a wall socket.