Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on August 23, 2012
I bought a used Wii and it didn't come with a sensor bar so I decided to try this product. The box it comes in is worth a chuckle if only for the terrible English on the outside of the box. I plugged this in a was initially disappointed to discover a range of maybe 3 feet.

IMPORTANT: increase the sensor bar sensitivity settings via the Wii settings menu. I did this and it works 8 feet away with no problem (I haven't tested further distances). If you're looking for an inexpensive replacement for your Wii infrared sensor bar, then look no further - this will work.

Note: I docked the product one star for the lack of documentation on changing the sensor bar settings; many people would not know to change it in the Wii settings and could be disgruntled that it doesn't work effectively out of the box.
on January 3, 2014
I ordered one of these when my cats chewed through my original wii sensor bar. It worked well and was 1/4 the price of a nintendo brand replacement.

Cats do not change, so I ordered 2 more. Lucky thing I did, as one did not work. Not a big deal, since amazon provided me with a return shipping label.

Moral of the story, when these work, they work, but one did not. Order 2, it's still less than a nintendo replacement.
on February 6, 2013
my original one broke and so i bought the wireless one that takes batteries. Mistake! I can't tell you how much money i spent in batteries in the first year, so i started looking for this one thats just like the original. Couldn't find one in any store so i turned to amazon and here is it. love it, works perfectly, and the price was awesome!
on November 23, 2012
Received this in the mail a week ago and finally got time to plug it in. Its dead on arrival. Very disappointed this item is still being sold. Its going right in the trash because I would actually lose money shipping it back, I guess that should have been an indicator of it quality, but honestly how do you screw up 2 little bulbs emitting a light source?
on January 31, 2014
The infrared sensor bar works great with my Wii. I had previously lost the regular antenna so i then bought this antenna for a great price. I have np problems with it. The wire is pretty long so it can go like anywhere in a big living room. I recommend this item to anyone thats needs to replace there antenna.
on February 14, 2014
Unfortunately our rabbit got a hold of my original Nintendo sensor bar after owning the wii for many years (very upsetting). So I went on the journey of finding a new original but just try finding one from Nintendo now that the Wii U is out. I had to resort to this generic brand senor bar. I've now had this sensor bar for over a month and it works great! The only thing you will have to do is adjust the sensor bar sensitivity in the Wii Settings because this one isn't as powerful as the original so when you get it the range is literally 3 ft. Once you adjust the settings you can get back to 10 ft or more across a living room. Glad I found this for the price as a replacement part!
on May 15, 2014
I love this little thing. We bought it for my mother in law because hers broke and I have to say I am super impressed with it. Everyone in my home is visually impaired so we don't usually get too far from it so I don't know what kind of range it is capable of. But we like it. I would recommend it.
on March 16, 2013
The sensor bar for the Wii was no longer functioning, and the little piss ants that my sister gave birth to made sure to let me know of their displeasure with the situation. First I ordered some wireless sensor bar, and it was a piece of steaming cow excrement. Sent it back and ordered this one instead.

Hooked right up, worked like a charm, and I could use the old one to smack the boys across the behind with if they sassed me.

So buy one, and save a child's life.
on April 29, 2013
These devices always look so delicate with their thin cords and lightweight enclosures. But after catching the last cord in the vacuum cleaner, leading to purchasing this replacement, I've tried to be more careful. So far, I've only caught the cord a couple of times and thrown this unit to the carpet. I haven't broken the lamps or connections yet, so that's something at least. It would be great if this device somehow had an IR connection to the Wii, or at least had cord keeper fingers that you could use to neaten up the excess. Sturdier cord connections (or a replaceable cord) might also be useful. But, I think mainly this is a user learning curve. You trash one or two of these before you learn that they require special handling. So far, so good with this replacement. I don't have a problem with the gain - our room is not very large - so I can't comment on other complaints that its output is low and requires fiddling with the settings in the Wii.
on September 1, 2011
Our kitten chewed through the wire on our original wii sensor. This was a prefect replacement. We plugged it in as soon as it arrived and it works great. You can't even tell that it isn't the original. I considered getting one of the wireless options, but decided that I didn't want to have to be replacing batteries all the time, and having an additional item to turn on just makes more hassle in the end. This one is perfect.

See 1 answered question