Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 Arcade forum

HDMI Cable for Xbox 360 Arcade

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 24, 2009 9:03:11 AM PDT
I just rec'd my new 360 arcade this weekend --I have an HDMI cable purchased from Meritline which I used to connect my PS3 --however when I use the same cable to connect the Xbox to the TV --there is no indication of it being connected-when I go through the "Source" options on my TV HDMI doesn't show up at all --help!

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 1:19:24 PM PDT
TaiPan says:
Tangled, as strange as it may sound-- it might just be a faulty HDMI cable. You might need a new one! HDMI cables with Ferrite Cores might also be a big help. I only use the HDMI cables with the cores... and I figure I pay a few bucks extra (around $6.99 to $7.99 here on Amazon) just for the peace of mind. (Amazon Description: HDMI Cable-2 Meter (6.6 ft) Gold Plated v1.3 HDMI to HDMI Cable with Ferrite Cores by HDMI KING). The cables have performed flawlessly for me and have 161 5-Star reviews here. I bought the Arcade about 3 weeks ago and received my PS3 Slim yesterday and had no problems playing it through HDMI-- with both my HDMI cable box on and HDMI Panasonic DVR on and recording at the same time. I'm not such a tech whiz to know... but from what I have read... Apparently the ferrite core cables really help when interference or connectivity can be an issue. Hope that helps!

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 3:41:28 PM PDT
Thanks TaiPan --I'll give it a shot --nothing to lose --enjoy the PS3 --I loved my Fat PS3 as long as the Blue Ray laser held out (died twice in a year & a half) Make sure not to turn the PS3 off with a disc in it --not sure that was the cause of my issue but from what I've read it's not a good practice.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2009 7:52:36 PM PDT
TaiPan says:
Thanks for the tip, Tangled. I had NEVER heard that about the discs! Give us an update when you run some tests. I will be interested in the outcome. Bought a warranty for the PS3 Slim from Squaretrade.com earlier today for $24 bucks. Buying extended warranties is not normally my thing-- but Squaretrade is supposed to have their act together... And it only cost $27 (with a 20% discount)... So if they do what everybody says they do when there is a problem... It will be money well spent!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 12:00:53 PM PST
Sparkey says:
On the Squaretrade warranties - DEFINITELY worth the money. They have impeccable service, fixed and sent back my broken cell phone with no hassle at all. I've got their warranties for a netbook and mp3 players for really cheap, and will be doing the same with a new TV and sound system.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 Arcade forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Aug 24, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Arcade
Xbox 360 Arcade by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (189)