Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on bgg

on December 2, 2010
Upon recommendation from a friend that works for the local cable company, I bought a HDMI hub to expand my Dish Network receiver to allow it to run multiple HD tvs from one receiver. No matter if you have Directv,Dish or HD from the cable company, the. Receivers only have 1 HDMI output and you are locked in to using only 1 flat screen HD tv. I happen to have 3. HDMI cables are available in various lengths and my friend ran the cables from this hub to each of my flat screens. Now i have a great picture on all 3. Of course, the output channel for all is the same but thats no biggie with a UHF remote control. He said to get a good one and I have always relied and depended on for quality products.

This is a nice HDMI hub and I would recommend this to anyone who wants to do what I did.
on January 22, 2011
NO, an I mean NO signal loss! STUNNING!!! Easy to use, just plug and play!
Just one down-side, the power LED indicator is like a lighthouse, but hey, you can always use it as a nightlight too. :-)
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2013
The best item for the lowest price, what's not to love? This thing feels solid and works perfectly! I have used other splitters in the past & this is the best one I've ever tried. It is very well made & the price was very nice too.

Don't be confused, know what you are buying. This item is a SPLITTER, 1 input to many outputs -- it takes 1 single input source (like a computer) & then outputs/shares that signal to multiple monitors/tvs/projectors, etc, up to 4 devices total. However, I was able to use even more devices overall by using a 2nd splitter chained off one of the outputs. I imagine you could do this endlessly by adding more splitters, since I believe this device boosts the signal as it passes thru. I say this bc our images were actually much clearer after plugging in this device. This was an excellent purchase.

I bought this for our church media computer. This PC has 2 video outputs, one video cable goes to the main LCD screen in the sound booth & the other plugs into this splitter. This splitter takes the signal from the 2nd output on the video card along a cable which is plugged into the single port labeled "Input" on this splitter. This wonderful device then splits/shares that signal to multiple screens/devices, including LCD monitors, TV's mounted on the walls & projectors. It sends the same signal to all of the other devices/cables plugged into the 4 places labeled "Output". Its simply flawless & was exactly what we needed.

Reading reviews while shopping I found there was a lot of confusion about HDMI splitters & HDMI selectors, sometimes it's hard to find & identify the correct item for your needs. Hope this explanation helps someone to make sure they buy the right item.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2011

Looks like it was packed in the same box as a high-end wine opener. Very Nice! The 1st unit ordered had to be returned because 1 output port was dead. (China Product) The 2nd unit works flawlessly. Overseas quality control is not as consistent as the good ole' US of A... Still, if ordered through Amazon's fulfillment, it's a no hassle return/refund.

Another thing, if you have (3) 1080p displays tied-in and (1) 720p tied-in the splitter defaults to 720p output as the maximum resolution. Not an issue for me because all the displays I have tied-in to this unit are 720p. It's a simple and uncomplicated way to shoot 1 cable AV to your patio, kitchen, office, etc... I am using a single DTV Sat receiver and 1 older SONY STR-DA3200 AV receiver (Bi-Amp and A+B speaker setting) gets me 3-speaker pair, stereo, "back of the house" distribution. Plus it has Pre-Amp outs that do output any digital audio sigs for more speaker distribution.

Makes the cable work EZPZ.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2011
The title pretty much says it all. I have tried two different brands of these splitters and neither of them is capable of transferring 5.1 input sound sources to any of the outputs--there is only stereo sound at the outputs. My receiver/amp displays the input sound data format and I when I plugged it directly to a 5.1 input source it shows up as a 5.1 sound input. Then when I insert the splitter/amp and use any of the outputs as inputs to my rec/amp the sound signal into the rec/amp is a 2.0 stereo signal. This means the center channel and rear channel sound information is lost and all you hear is stereo. The sound level is also attenuated to about 65% of a direct input from a 5.1 source. If you do not care about being able to hear anything but the front right and front left sound, then this product will provide a good picture with stereo sound. But if you have a home theater system nothing you have hooked up to it will play any sounds other than stereo.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2012
I was pleasantly surprized with this product, I needed to spread the signal to 3 tv's which I though would weaken the signal. The product has a signal amplifier in it which resulted in a better picture than before the signal was even split. I love it!!
on August 28, 2011
First off the item I received does not look like the item pictured, but it is a hdmi 1 in 4 out splitter (maybe an older or newer version?) , and that job it does perfectly. All tv's hooked up to it have perfect pictures, 1 uses a 75 foot hdmi cable, 1 uses a 7 foot hdmi and 2 use a HDMI Extender over Cat5e cable adapter with 25 and 50 foot runs of cat5e cable.
on October 7, 2014
I was really excited to buy this so that I could run one blu ray player in our camper to TV's in all 3 rooms. It seems to split the picture ok most of the time, but as soon as I hooked up to the splitter I lost all sound. I bought another splitter in a different brand to see if the problem was something else & it worked perfectly. Needless to say, this one was returned for a refund.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2012
The item was as the info said it to be, the picture on all 3 sets was full HD.
Any one wanting to use more sets,and don't have wireless this works.
All sets need to have HDMI input or change to a conection that the set has.
I ran a cable 50 foot and did't see any loss in the picture.
on August 13, 2014
Terrible product. Perhaps because the item pictured was not what was delivered. An even more generic version with a form factor that places power adapter and inputs/outputs on all sides. Note this picture indicates the inputs/outputs on the rear. Worked for about half a day, then shorted out/smoked and sent a power surge to one of the connected smart TV's which consequently damaged a nearly $2000 TV. This product is going back. Customer service is working the issue. If you get a product that doesn't look like this, I'd return immediately and not take the risk of damaging an expensive HDMI connected device. I normally will not purchase a product that has less than 4 stars; assumed that 134 reviews with an average of 3.5 stars was close enough. I'm reverting back to my standard of 4 stars before ordering. I suspect that the 5 star ratings were for the pictured item and the 1 star ratings are for the "generic equivalent". Buyer beware. Looking for a quality replacement.