Best HDTV for a bright room? I went and saw this set (HL61A750) at CC and I thought it looked pretty good. My concern is putting it in a bright room with a lot of potential for glare. Is this the best set for that situation? Would a LED or Plasma be less prone to glare?
asked by A. P. Solomon on June 19, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
LED DLP would be better than plasma if glare is an issue. Plasma is the arguably the worst for brightly lit environments.
Philly NW answered on June 19, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
After little help from this post, I took the chance and bought the 61" LED-DLP. Great picture in the bright great room!! The sun shines directly on the screen from an angle at times and has very little affect on the the picture of this TV. I was so concerned about wash out, but not with this set. So glad I took the chance!!!
bfly answered on July 14, 2008
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Betty - you summed-up the goal of this post exactly. We're even looking at the exact models: 52"LCD vs 61"LED-DLP. THAT's the question! Other buyers please weigh in!
A. P. Solomon answered on June 20, 2008
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi - I am looking for the same thing. Have a great room with huge windows that aren't covered with curtains. Don't want to spoil the view. Anyway - Sears, BB and CC all recommended either this set or another Samsung LCD (52" LN52a550) because both have a matte screen and won't show relections. I am now just trying to decide between the LED DEP or the LCD only because of any color washing out because of the brightness of the room. All 3 stores told me to completely stay away from a plasma, but either of these sets should be fine in my bright, naturally lit room. I can get the 61" screen for quite a bit less than the 52" LCD so am really leaning toward the 61" - just cuz it is so hard to pass up a huge TV!

If anyone has either of these sets in a bright room, I would like to know your experiene with the quality of the picture. Thanks!!!
bfly answered on June 20, 2008
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product