Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Grip Size: 4 1/4|Change

on June 19, 2014
I was on my high school tennis team almost 40 years ago, and the last time I played seriously was about 30 years ago. Now in my mid-fifties, I wanted to get back in the game for exercise. My last racquet (remember how long ago this was) was an Arthur Ash Head Comp strung to 63 lbs with VS gut. I simply love the Head Ti-S6! I love it's lightness, as it lets me move the head around quickly to make shots I couldn't even make in high school. It has a lot of power, whether for volleying, or for ground strokes. The control from the baseline is better than I have ever had, and I can put those baseline shots right over the net with tremendous power. The synthetic gut the racquet comes with allows quite a good spin, and while I don't know what the racquet is strung to, the strings feel taut, and have a lot of power. While it is of course still good to follow through, I've found that chopping when vollying still yields a fast return. The sweet spot covers most of the head of the racquet, and there is little vibration, with or without the included vibration dampener. Speaking of inclusions, when I bought it through Amazon from Bois Blanc Sports, it came with a very nice Head whole racquet case. Out of the box and with little practice, I am playing the best tennis of my life with this racquet. I much prefer it to my son's Head Liquidmetal 4, and I love to keep that 14 year old running at my age. I don't know if this is considered a geezer racquet, but if it is, I don't care, since it helps me play a couple of levels above my competence. I simply love this racquet, and recommend it without reservations.
on April 26, 2008
I've used this racquet for the last 10 years. It is evenly weighted, meant for tennis players with a slower swing (most beginner-intermediate players), had a big sweet spot, and has excellent flexibility and vibration control. This was the top selling racquet in the world at one point, for good reason. The price is excellent for what you get, especially with the astronomical prices of many of today's racquets.
on August 2, 2006
I have had this for more than 2 years now. Its a great racquet to learn because of it's light weight. Its easy on your wrist and elbow. If you are hitting balls hard, or returning fast balls, this racquet loses its touch. It actually becomes hard on your wrist and arm.
on January 11, 2014
This is an excellent beginner racquet. It is extremely light weight for short swings. This is a power stick for those who cannot generate their own power. However, once you learn the proper mechanics and take some lessons you can throw this one out the window as it won't provide the control and consistency. If you can generate your own power with proper mechanics, you do not need this racquet. I do highly recommend this for a new or very casual tennis player.
on June 11, 2015
Let me start by saying this is a great racquet for a tennis beginner with light weight, bigger head and head heavy design.
I started playing tennis with some cheap racquet and then purchased this and improved my game a lot. Firstly with it's light weight design it's easy to swing while serving and due to head heavy design it will give a solid punch on the serve.
As a beginner you may not have good control on full swinging strokes of forehand and backhand so this racquet will support a lot to return the ball with decent speed in short swings. With this racquet in hand you will literally feel like a hammer in your hand due to 8pts (i guess) head heavy.
As I moved towards to next levels of playing where i put more spin & power on every stroke where the full swing comes into picture this racquet makes it difficult because it's so head heavy. For that I recently moved to Head Tis2 which is another version of head Ti series. Tis2 is a great tweener racquet with blend of power and spin.
I still sometime use Tis6 while playing with more advanced level players because for my style of playing this light weight but head heavy design support me to return opponents power strokes with less energy and more spin.
on September 14, 2009
I've played with this racquet for a decade. It's like an old reliable friend. I have a USTA 3.5 rating (once upon a time a 4.0) and the racquet is perfect for my skill level. It's well balanced, has plenty of power, and provides a good sense of touch. Its' light weight, large head, and long handle make it great for volley duels when playing doubles. I've just bought a second one as a back-up. I was honestly surprised-and gratified-to see that this racquet was still available.
on October 9, 2010
This racket is terrific. It was recommended by my sister because my arm was bothering me with my old racket. This racket is very light and powerful.
My arm feels much better, my game has improved and the price on amazon is phenomenal. It is a great price for such a high quality racket. I highly recomment it.
So much so - this is my first time writing a review and I have been buying from amazon for years.
on March 20, 2010
I have hit with this racket for 5+ years and it is very light weight, strong and delivers a high quality return on strokes, serves and overheads. The sweet spot is a fraction outside the middle towards the end-of-the-head and is large enough to allow forgivable volleys and return of serve strokes. I have purchased additional rackets (babolet, wilson) that cost much more, but that simply can't fit my game. This is a great racket for kids, high schoolers or those over 50.
on May 31, 2015
Great value for money. I got it for my 12 year old who has just started to learn, and this was not too heavy, and he will not have to change his racquet for a few years, so can continue to develop his game with the same racquet.
on November 18, 2015
Here's my 2 cents. I am a 4.5 level player, male gender, 35 years old. I know that many say that this racket is "just for beginners," but I disagree. I have played with other rackets, but I prefer a racket like this that is stiff. For me it makes serving and volleys much easier. It also gives me much more power on groundstrokes, but I personally do have to be a little careful so that my groundstrokes don't sail long. I tend to hit the ball more flat than most, so that could be the problem. Here's a review: Serves: Fantastic racket. Volleys: Fantastic. Groundstrokes: lots of power, maybe loses a little control.