HELP - Looking for series like Stephanie Plum - Suggestions PLEASE

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 20, 2011 7:05:48 AM PDT
Book Lady says:
Hello, I am new to this series but have read all the books in a 3 week span and I really like the funny characters so I am putting this out there in hopes some of you can suggest another series that is like this one.

Thanks for your help!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2011 2:04:51 PM PDT
Libby Butler says:
Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series - Sookie and Stephanie speak with the same voice

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2011 8:03:56 AM PDT
Book Lady says:
I should have made this clear sorry I dont care for vampires or any of that trend I know its popular now but just not for me if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it I only have 2 more books to go in this series and want a replacement

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 8:16:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2011 8:17:23 AM PDT
TEB says:
There's a new author just out. Her name is Ann Everett and her debut book is Laid Out and Candle Lit. It is a humorous romance mystery. You might enjoy it. It is the first in a series and centers around Texas characters, Tizzy Donovan and Ridge Cooper, with the second book coming out summer, 2012, I think. It's offered as an e-book and trade paperback here on Amazon.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 8:06:59 AM PDT
KES says:
Below are a few of my favorites. You might also check out those listed on this page over at Cozy Mysteries (they have a page dedicated to authors similar to Janet Evanovich). The webmistress over there, Dana, constantly updates the lists so if you find something you like that's not on the list, please leave a comment so the page can be updated.

http://www.cozy-mystery.com/blog/authors-similar-to-janet-evanovich.html

- The Mace Bauer Mysteries by Deborah Sharp: The first book in this series, Mama Does Time, is FREE right now. It's a quirky series. I think of Mace as Crocodile Dundee meets Jessica Fletcher... it's fantastic, the writing quite vivid.
- The Southern Beauty Shop Series by Lila Dare: Grace is a divorced stylist in her mother's beachtown beauty shop. I devoured the two books available now and I'm anxiously awaiting more. If you like those embarassing situations Stephanie finds herself in, you'll find some of that in these books.
- The Aurora Teagarden Mysteries by Charlaine Harris: Roe is a small down librarian with a fascination for true crime. There are 8-ish books in the series and no vampires, werewolves, shifters, witches, other other supernatural beings in sight. You might also check out the Lily Bard series, though these are definitely darker but just as well written.
- The Cupcake Bakery Mysteries by Jenn McKinley: Two bakers run a cupcake bakery with the help of a financially fit friend. Really enjoyed these.

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 11:49:19 PM PST
B. Sego says:
the blackbird sisters mysteries are a good series! nancy martin is the author i believe. the first book is called how to murder a millionaire!

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 8:31:52 AM PST
I like the "Domestic Diva" series by Krista Davis. They're pretty funny but not as funny as Stephanie Plum-not many characters are.

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 7:34:59 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 21, 2011 7:36:06 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 8:10:15 AM PST
Maria77 says:
I enjoyed colleen Helme series it is 3 books very funny and close to Stephanie Plum series it was for free last month I read "Carrots" the first in the series then bought the next 2
Carrots

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 1:19:40 PM PST
L. Lefebvre says:
Monica Ferris has a series that is based around a needlecraft shop, the owner and her clients/friends. the first in the series is "Crewel World".
there are at least 15 in the series.

Diane Mott Davidson has a muder mystery series based around a cater in Colorado. it includes recipes. Cute titles like, "Sticks and Scones".they are a light and easy read

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 10:42:37 AM PST
Book Lady says:
Hello, Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion! I read the book and it was a good funny read I will be reading the next one soon.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 7:11:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2012 7:12:12 AM PDT
Mrs. G says:
There are two more fabulous authors to include in this list...Kate Johnson with her Sophie Green mysteries ( 4 in the series so far) and Shelly Fredman with her Brandy Alexander mysteries. They all have that mix of romance, sexy and funny within a mystery and suspense plot. They leave you wanting to read the next one! Enjoy!
Yvonne G

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 7:26:23 AM PDT
Mrs. G says:
There are two more fabulous authors to include in this list...Kate Johnson with her Sophie Green mysteries ( 4 in the series so far) and Shelly Fredman with her Brandy Alexander mysteries. They all have that mix of romance, sexy and funny within a mystery and suspense plot. They leave you wanting to read the next one! Enjoy!
Yvonne G

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 1:55:27 PM PDT
Star Reader says:
If you like Evanovich you would like Katy Munger's Legwork. Legwork (Casey Jones Mystery Series) Munger uses the same humor as Evanovich does. I've stayed up all night reading about Casey Jones, a full-figured and overtly sexual women. Another good author that also uses that type of humor is Lawrence Kelter. Ransom Beach (Stephanie Chalice Mysteries)His Stephanie Challice Mysteries are great reads. Lots of twists and turns and funny. Stephanie Chalice is a kick-ass detective and shes hot. The relatioships in the books are also just as intriguing as the mystery itself.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 12:12:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2012 12:15:57 AM PDT
Annum Tariq says:
There's a series by Lois Greiman, starts with Unzipped. Hilarious, perhaps funnier than Plum.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 1:40:38 PM PDT
Right now Im currently ready 50 Shades...its a trilogy but totally worth it. First book is 50 Shades of Grey =]

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 12:28:38 PM PDT
Tonya says:
The Brandy Alexander mysteries, all of the book titles start with "No Such Thing As" by Shelly Fredman. Brandy is a very lovable lead. The books are well written, and funny.

I also like the High Heel Mysteries by Gemma Halliday. Her Maddie Springer character stumbles into these mysteries and is determined to solve them. As silly as it sounds, the books are very good, characters are well rounded and likable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2013 2:36:09 PM PDT
Fran says:
I have really enjoyed the Body Movers series by Stephanie Bond. There are currently six written and the seventh should be on its way soon. Hope you enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2013 11:26:32 AM PDT
Zoe Sharp's "Charlie Fox" three book series. Zoe combines humor, suspense, romance, and mystery with a kickass female self defense instructor, turned bouncer, turned private security guard who uses her special forces military training to get the job done and stay alive. This gorgeous motorcycle riding martial arts expert who hails from an upper crust british family seems to have much in common with the author. See her on facebook and her website.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2013 11:27:58 AM PDT
Zoe Sharp's "Charlie Fox" three book series. Zoe combines humor, suspense, romance, and mystery with a kickass female self defense instructor, turned bouncer, turned private security guard who uses her special forces military training to get the job done and stay alive. This gorgeous motorcycle riding martial arts expert who hails from an upper crust british family seems to have much in common with the author. See her on facebook and her website.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2013 11:28:00 AM PDT

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 7:01:24 AM PDT
Run
This is my first novel. It takes place in New Jersey with a strong, female protagonist.

Posted on Nov 8, 2014 9:47:15 AM PST
Ms Dezzie says:
I have been in the same boat. My suggestions are based on reading one book straight through and immediately buying the rest of the series because I enjoyed them so much.

Julie Moffett - Lexi Carmichael Mysterys
Diane Kelly - Tara Halloway Novels

Posted on Dec 16, 2014 8:48:01 PM PST
Terible Teri says:
The closest to Stephanie Plum IMHO is Ariel (Arly) Hanks series by Joan Hess. After that I'd second Stephanie Bond's Body Movers (Carlotta Wren series), and Lois Greiman. The Hess series (she's got two) featuring Arly Hanks is definitely the closest on terms of humour, wacky family and neighbors. Picture Stephanie Plum as a recent divorcee, inexperienced chief of police, who moves back to her rural backwater hometown after a short stint as a wife in NYC. Instead of Joe's grandmother, you've got the mayor, Jim-Bob, and his wife Mrs. Jim-Bob, Buchanan, and the rest of the inbred Buchanan clan, their spouses and children. Not to mention, Arly's mother and her wacky best friend Estelle, plus the pervy pastor,
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Jul 20, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, No. 1) (Stephanie Plum Novels)
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, No. 1) (Stephanie Plum Novels) by Janet Evanovich (Mass Market Paperback - June 2002)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,611)