5.0 out of 5 stars Best parts of the best brands!
Published 22 months ago by Sara

I purchased two of these to add to my collection. I checked their website for information about prepping the insert before using, and didn't find the info, so I emailed the company. They quickly responded that no prepping was needed, and that the inserts would absorb just fine right away.

I have been using them for a couple weeks now in my regular diaper...
Published 7 months ago by Tara Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Best parts of the best brands!, February 4, 2013
These are generously sized and yet can fit so trimly. They have a nice wide opening and yet the inserts don't pop out and rub on baby's skin. They are so soft and they STAY that way! I showed one of our diapers that had been used for a month (at least 10 washes) to a friend and she was SHOCKED that what she was holding was not a brand new diaper! Many pocket and AIO diapers are soft when you first get them, but after 4-5 washes they are pilly and just not as plushy soft anymore -- NOT Coquí Baby Hero diapers! They stay fabulously soft for, well at least 3 months since that's how long we've been using ours!

All of those are lovely, but do they catch the baby's "business" and keep it inside. YES YES YES they DO!! And with all the color choices they do it very stylishly as well! After 7 years of using cloth diapers, these are EASILY in our top 2 favorite all-time brands.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crotch leaks out the sides immediately after peeing, every time!, April 13, 2014

I have been using them for a couple weeks now in my regular diaper rotation, each one used once daily.

CONS

They *immediately* leak into the crotch area on both sides, even if I use both inserts. When I say immediately, I mean I put on the diaper, my son peed, and his pants were wet (along with the onesie). Other diaper brands seem to leak out only after they are saturated a few times or sat on (carseat) or have moved out of position, so it's strange that EVERY time I put these on and he pees, his pants are instantly wet. Maybe it's the fleece pulling the pee out to the pants? The leg holes are just elastic and don't have that "gusset" like Thirsties diapers have.

I usually use a Thirsties cover with a prefold folded in thirds laid in the center with a piece of fleece over it, and never get any leaks from that unless it's just way over saturated (multiple pees) and/or been on way too long.

I tried to make excuses for this Coqui diaper and keep giving it chances, thinking it was just a big pee, it wasn't put on right, etc. but in reality I have been using cloth diapers for almost two years now and it's most likely not user-error. I am currently trying to insert my folded prefolds to see if the error is the insert itself and if it'll work with my trusted prefold...I'll let you know! I really wanted these to work because of the pros listed below:

PROS

very soft
fits well (my son is almost 30 pounds and is still three snaps in, lots of room to grow)
colorful
dries quickly
cute frog on back
trim

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously a great DIAPER, April 21, 2013
It may be hard to believe, but this is a seriously great diaper. I'm a newbie to the cloth diaper world and late into it, but have lots of friends who have told me the dos and don'ts and I'm learning through my own. I probably can't compare it to a lot because my stash isn't impressive as most, but I'm getting there. I use these as my night time dipes and they hold in the leaks great. I've used them for 12+ hours at night. I have also used them as a day diaper and they def hold in all the messes. My daughter is 17 mos and still is producing very soft poop and it holds it all in, doesn't seep at the legs or anything. The lining is soft and durable, it washes great. The insert, idk if it holds up on its own bc I always double up with a hemp insert. I originally just bought 2 but I have ordered lots more and these are def my go to diapers. Oh and the colors are as vibrant as it appears in the picture. It doesn't fade in the wash, and it fits well. It's really an excellent diaper in all the departments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome diaper!, April 3, 2013
I was looking for a cute inexpensive pocket diaper for my 19 month old son.The color and design of the diaper are beautiful and the inside is super soft. This diaper was the perfect find! It fits him great and is super cute, love the frog on the back! No leaks so far. LOVE LOVE LOVE this diaper :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent diaper, deceitful company, April 8, 2014
I try to buy diapers made in the USA only. I know that materials get produced overseas, and it is difficult to find products that are 100% made in America, but I still try.
The country of manufacture is not given in the listing, and everything I could find led me to believe this was an American company I was supporting. (Their website was not running at the time, only a facebook page.) The price is comparable to other USA-made diapers, so I made a calculated risk. I should have emailed the company first.
When I received this diaper, the tag said plainly "Made in China." This diaper cost three times what most made-in-China diapers costs, and for the same quality. That's not to say the quality is poor, because the diaper itself is great. But misleading consumers by touting itself as an American product, and then trying to greenwash its manufacturing choices, seriously lowered my estimation of the company. I will not buy another Coqui Baby product, and I do not wish for anyone else to be misled into thinking they are supporting anything but the company's bottom line.
If you don't mind purchasing made-in-China diapers, there are much cheaper brands that are also good quality, such as Sunbaby and Kawaii. If the $16 price tag is not an issue, purchase Thirsties, or spend the extra $2 and get BumGenius, and you'll get products that were actually made in the USA.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this cute pocket!!, June 14, 2013
I HATE stuffing diapers. but I also hate sweaty plasticky material against my little piggys butt! so pockets it is! I absolutely LOVE this diaper. it is very trim but still amazingly absorbent! The inside is really soft and light and the poop doesnt squish into the material! my sons butt has EXPLODED in this thing and I thought it was beyond washing but it surprisingly did not stain! it didn't leak pee or poop either! I call this his poop diaper because he always poops in it lol. Everything comes out beautifully . We have only had this diaper for about a month but so far, so good. i wash it in nellies laundry soda and hang dry in the sun. love it.
Felt like I should add that I use FLIP inserts in this diaper. I lost the original insert that came with this diaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOOOOOOOOOOVE this diaper!, October 13, 2013
I'm just starting up my stash of cloth diapers for my daughter. Not sure which ones will work the best so I'm buying one of several different brands so far. THIS diaper is my fav.

It fits alot like Flip (don't currently have any of the BG 4.0's yet) in my opinion: lots of room for my chunky girl (maybe more than Flip??), no red marks AT ALL, just doesn't have the stretchy tabs but it does a fine job being stretchy and comfy without them.

The inner is a nice fluffy microfleece (even though the tag says 100% microfiber, it is NOT the absorbent microfiber of an insert but a staydry wicking fleece) that is nice and comfy. It has pilled a little with use (we've had it for a few months) but it's still snuggly soft.

It has a nice wide opening to stuff the inserts in (comes with 2 microfiber inserts: one large and a smaller contoured hourglass shape I'm guessing for newborns). I love the double elastic on the back.

My only problem??? I just have one of these so far! MUST HAVE MORE!! This is the first diaper I reach for :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great diaper at a great price...until the elastic dies, November 2, 2013
This review is from: The HERO Pocket Cloth Diaper (3-PACK) (Baby Product)
Original November 2013: Held up be well so far (2 months), cleans well, and good price. I have recommended these to friends interested in cloth diapering.

Update October 2014: These diapers are still waterproof but ALL of the elastic in all four of the Hero Diapers have failed... so much for using it on the second child it hasn't made it through one child. I have never put these in the dryer. On a side note my Rumparooz, bought and washed together with these are in near perfect condition. I would no longer recommend these unless you are planning to only have one child and plan to potty train at one year. I know you can change the elastic but that does fit my talents and time.

4.0 out of 5 stars bought 2, elastic failed on 1 after less than a year, May 5, 2014
I like these overall. They are bigger so I can stuff them for nap/night which does make them bulkier but let's be honest there isn't really a trim overnight cloth diaper. I mostly bought these for that reason and the cow print. After using them for 10 months the elastic has failed. I emailed the company since it's within the warranty so we'll see. FWIW I used CD friendly laundering practices. I've had elastic fail on 2 brands...is it me or the diaper? BG's are still my favorite and have held up for 2 years.

4.0 out of 5 stars reliable so far, June 29, 2013
We have had a few leaks but mainly due to user error (still learning what snaps to use, etc) but overall very happy with the 5 heros we are using. they are very soft and i like the colors.

The HERO Pocket Cloth Diaper (3-PACK)
$44.97 $42.75