5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every cent.
This review book is the best book to study for the Hesi exams as well as the NCLEX. It is all you'll need for the Hesi exams. There is no fluff, just pertinent information was well as highlighted boxes to alert you to areas the NCLEX has focused on in the past.

I learned about it after I had taken the first Hesi exam and wish I had known about it before I...
Published on March 21, 2012 by N. Roberts

2.0 out of 5 stars Very limited, typos and mistakes
Eh, this book isn't worth the money in my opinion. There are typos and grammar mistakes, and there are content mistakes so bad that I can't figure out what the book is saying. I'm about to take my exit HESI and NCLEX, and I'm using this book + the Saunders review book and the "Illustrated Study Guide for NCLEX RN." This book is really very sparse in terms of content. It's...
Published on July 4, 2011 by amelia

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Hesi review, June 25, 2013
CC (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination (Paperback)
I ordered this recently to assist with the Hesi exam, and to improve my score. It offers test-taking tips, Hesi hints throughout the book (per each section covered), and descriptions as well as nursing assessment/interventions in detail. The only thing I don't like is that the book doesn't have any illustrations (like the illustrated NCLEX-RN Exam book), and it's all in black and white, so for anyone who enjoys a picture to associate with a disease process, you may find this book a bit boring as well. I've heard many people say that it helps with Hesi though, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great review book, March 20, 2012
This book is great for a supplemental read and in studying for the HESIs. Very organized by content and has review questions to further rehearse the material.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Review/Lessons, April 11, 2011
Buy this NOW if you are in Nursing School! It will help you with your lessons before you even get to the final Hesi! It is a great book!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars HESI NCLEX-RN Examination, December 28, 2011
I purchased this book to help me with my RN classes. I thought it would be a lot like Saunders but it's not. This is cut-to-the-chase information, really narrows it down. I like it because of the straightforwardness of the information. I still have yet to read through all of it as I am still in school, but I have read the majority of it. It's very helpful if you want some quick information, but there are no rationales and no questions/answers like Saunders. It does have NCLEX style questions listed at the end of each section, but there are not very many per section and there are no rationales listed. It sort of reminds me of Cliffs notes but RN style. I do like this book, but I like Saunders better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource!, March 9, 2011
This book was very helpful when I took the HESI exam. The HESI hints were very good. I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I Needed., December 21, 2013
As a nursing student, this book is crucial to doing well on HESI's. The shipping was quick and the book was in perfect condition. Saved myself a trip and a couple bucks by buying it online!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Review Book for all Nursing Students, December 12, 2013
Was a required book for my nursing program. I used it to study for my HESI Fundamentals test I had recently. I wish that I had looked at the book sooner. It really breaks down the questions and helps you with critical thinking, which would've greatly helped me with my test scores if I had looked at it earlier. After looking at this book, I scored the highest exam grade out of all my exams and I passed the HESI Fundamentals test on the first try. Also includes extra resources on the Evolve website which includes extra practice tests!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nursing School must have, December 5, 2013
This book is a great study tool to have for the HESI exit exams and the NCLEX. Used throughout my 2 years in nursing school and it helped me prepare for average lecture exams. Prefer this over the Saunders yellow textbook.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a MUST if your school uses the HESI test. Not so much for the NCLEX., September 3, 2013
This book is excellent at giving you hints and tips that you would have never thought to study for the HESI because it is from the maker of the HESI. As for it being an NCLEX study aid, not so much. This book fails, in my eyes, to truly capture what you need to know for the real NCLEX. It is far too small and covers just a small portion of what is actually on the NCLEX. All major content areas, like Med-surg or mental health, are way less than 50 pages. For me this was too light.
In short, BUY THIS BOOK if your school uses the HESI test, you will thank me later!
But if you are buying this book to study for the NCLEX, DON'T, spend it else where!

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, August 6, 2013
Delayed Gratification (Olney, MD United States) - See all my reviews
Has good tips for the test, but has grammatical errors and is not comprehensive. The online content is helpful in the sense that questions/rationales are decent, BUT there were some questions where the answer was coded incorrectly (they marked my answer wrong, then the rationale supported my answer) or there were grammatical errors or poorly worded questions. The online tests are poorly programmed. You had to take all 100-150 questions in one sitting, or you'd lose your place and have to start from the beginning (questions you've already seen). The textbook supplements from my other mosby textbooks were much much better than this online content.
Overall, I still might buy it again, but only because for some reason nursing resources tend to all be of poor quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination
HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination by HESI (Paperback - November 11, 2010)
Used & New from: $9.10