|Hard Drive||500 GB|
From the Manufacturer
The Deskstar 7K1000.C hard drive is a 7200 RPM 3.5-inch hard drive designed to offer an ideal balance between performance and power consumption. The Deskstar 7K1000.C series is available in a wide range of capacities, from 160GB to 1TB, and features technologies that help protect your valuable data such as SMART command transport, ECC and CRC protection, and an internal thermal sensor.
Less Power, More Performance
The Deskstar 7K1000.C hard drive is a 7200 RPM 3.5-inch hard drive that provides an exceptional blend of power efficiency and performance, making it an ideal solution for power-friendly consumer and commercial desktop computers. This 500GB hard drive from HGST leverages eighth-generation power management technology, as well as power-saving HiVERT innovations pioneered on the popular 2.5-inch line of notebook hard drives from HGST, to deliver best-in-class power management and thermal emissions.
Innovation for a More Sustainable Environment
The Deskstar 7K1000.C demonstrates HGST's ecological leadership with its halogen-free design and power-efficient operation. Both these features helped qualify the drive for the HGST EcoTrac classification, which identifies products that minimize environmental impact in the areas of product design, manufacturing, operation and disposal.
Power Efficiency Supports ENERGY STAR 5.0
The ENERGY STAR 5.0 specifications released by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are recognized around the world as a way of identifying energy-efficient PCs and other computer equipment. PCs that meet the ENERGY STAR 5.0 criteria are expected to become increasingly popular with both corporations and consumers. Some corporations are choosing to purchase ENERGY STAR PCs as part of their "green" initiatives. The low power profile of the Deskstar 7K1000.C hard drive enables a reduction in overall system power requirements, which helps PC manufacturers achieve ENERGY STAR ratings.
HGST Quality and Service
All HGST hard drives are designed to the highest quality standards with field-proven components. They are backed by HGST's worldwide technical support and integration services, enabling customers around the globe to bring their products to market quickly.
- Interface: SATA 3Gb/s
- Capacity: 500GB
- Max. areal density (Gbits/sq. in.): 352
- Data buffer (MB): 16
- Rotational speed (RPM): 7200
- Media transfer rate (Mbits/s, max): 1589
- Interface transfer rate (MB/s, max): 300
- Error rate (non-recoverable, bits read): 1 in 14
- Environmental (operating) Ambient Temperature: 0 to 60 degrees Celsius
- Relative Humidity (non-condensing): 8% to 90%
- Environmental (non-operating) Ambient Temperature: -40 to 70 degrees Celsius
- Relative Humidity (non-condensing): 5% to 95%
- Power Requirement: +5 VDC (+/-5%) +12 VDC (+/-10%)
- Idle Power Consumption (W): 3.6
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 101.6mm x 147mm x 26.1mm
- Weight (typical, g, max.): 400